Applying to internships

>Applying to internships
>3.0 GPA or Better

Why did I have to be born a brainlet

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160408112238.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why the fuck do you pieces of garbage make the same thread across a bunch of different boards? This should be a bannable offense desu

>in interview
>What was your GPA?
>How long did it take you to graduate?
I'M NOT RETARDED I SWEAR

>apply to intersnships
> BS degree CS or related required
> have MS degree in CS

>never get calls back

mfw

>have to go to liberal arts school
>forced to take so much bullshit classes and waste all of my time learning about why fucking white males are evil
>no time to actually study maths
>maths grade takes a hit because Im too busy learning about why its good 50% of the jobs went over seas and another 20% get eaten up by h1b pajetes, and another 25% should be eaten up by immigrants

Just put 3.1 on the application. You think they actually check that shit? Fucking sheltered idiot

>tfw I just got one to program mainframes by bullshitting everyone and I'm 27 and probably getting the degree at my 6th year

No man, you're just stupid and don't acknowledge it. Because even a stupid person can get 4.0+ if they put more effort in. Smart people can cram for tests a day before they take them and miraculous ace them but you aren't one of those people.

Constant pain and mental anguish awaits you unless you embrace the fact that you are stupid.

>4.0+
underage spotted.

What? Anyway I have a cousin that would be labeled dumber than a sack of potatoes but he started putting in extra effort in school, now he's in 10th grade with a 4.1 GPA due to all the extra credit he's done.

>act math score of 27 or higher

Only high schools give weighted GPAs. And that's why high school GPAs are meaningless.

>tfw dropped out at 9th grade
>got my GED at 16 on first try with just a self-study book I crammed the week before the exam
Man too bad I'm always depressed & lonely else I would have done great in school. Now I'm 25 and I work in a warehouse stacking boxes.

which people still cared about act desu
got 35 on act math but my gpa is garbage and everyone considers me a brainlet

>being an illiberal, anti-economics luddite
You actually sound like a leftist commie though. Society doesn't owe you a living; if pajeet and muhammad are out-competing you for jobs then you are pathetic.

>tfw smart but lazy

this but unironically

>Now I'm 25 and I work in a warehouse stacking boxes.
Same except I'm 21
I hate life xd

Oh but doesn't that look good on someone's resume? I thought high-school was the most important part of your life? Not that I would know, i'm

>27
Do I have hope?
I'm starting CS at 21

Really? Its the opposite for me i got a 21 on the act but i yave a 4.0 and im basically fucked and cant go anywhere

It's not "out competition" when jobs practically being forced upon them and denied to us.

I'm 23 and haven't started shit yet. As long as you're dedicated and actually skillful you can make it.

I already graduated with a BSc that's the difference

I play league of legends all day and study on my way to school and I get declared As in all my course work. I got an A just for memorizing some graph algorithm on the way to my class. Often times I just know everything after the lectures. I find it strange when people tell me they cant keep up or have to study

to add, my high school gpa was pretty decent but college gpa is garbage tier

No, in my personal opinion your both fucking stupid and your failures from attempts to succeed in life have demotivated you to try again so you postulate you are merely lazy rather than actually stupid and console yourselves with that lie.

Don't waste your life like I did man, I can't remember when was the last time I truly wanted to get up in the morning.

After 25 your brain stops creating neural pathways as easily as it did before

I just lied. They never checked.

>average graduating GPA at my school's undergraduate ECE program is 2.8
At what point is it the institution's fault? We still have a 94% employment rate though.

>on my way to school
>on the way to my class
>after the lectures
ask me how I know you have more motivation than most itt

>taking 18 units this semester
Can't wait to go entire weeks without playing a video game

CS/Math with 3.87 GPA (4.0 major GPA) here, brainlets should neck themselves.

>not getting a job through connections you make at school
????

I know I'm not stupid though in high schooll I placed second in my (small) state's math olympiad competition

No, it's way lower. Employment rate != 100% - unemployment rate.

who /autismbux/ here

That scenario will be solved by the invisible hand. Such a practice will be unsustainable if the immigrants being given jobs are truly subhuman. Companies looking to get an edge will hire superior whites.

Incorrect. Our department only reports people as employed if they've been hired in their studied field. So for ECE, any electrical engineering or programming gig.

Can I shock my head to help create new ones

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160408112238.htm

This is like that 800 word essay thing right?

I hope so. Anyone who says "I'm le smart but just le lazy lmao XD" sounds like a fucking dumbass who couldn't come to terms with their weapons-grade stupidity and so accepted it instead of fighting it.

It makes me sick, not like my sad lonely ass should be talking. I should be working hard to rise above my depression but I just let myself sink deeper and deeper.

Just say it was a 3.1 or something. If you say 3.0 it sounds suspicious and they're never gonna find out any way. Then if they do find out and fire you, put that experience on your resume and no one will ask you ever again.

depression is just a fancy word for laziness

>3.0
Jesus fuck I thought me being under 3.5 was bad. Are you literally retarded or something?

>tfw 3.79 gpa
the trick is to base your self worth on your grades

I'm hoping that I get to a 3.0 before I graduate so I don't have to worry about this

>tfw tfw got a couple of internships lined up

Hope ya'll niggas keeping your portfolios in check cus they aren't just checking gpa's there. BELIE THAT.

Lie. It's your only chance. Don't put something really high because that'll increase the chance they follow up. 3.1 to 3.4 will do.

I got a 4.0 just by reading some books, lol its not that hard if you know how to study, its a shame most people don't know and end up grinding all day instead of playing games

teach me

iktf user and worst part is my university degree program requires us to have an internship to graduate but my gpa is below 3.0.

>waiting to get an internship AFTER you graduate

user uh...

Non-americlap here, mind explaining this GPA thingy ?

>tfw stupid but mommy always tells me i'm very smart and i just need to apply myself and i end up believing her because of how stupid i am

you're fucking retarded. im taking engineering and there is not a single person i know that has a 4.0. Even the smart lads that I know are struggling to keep a 3.7 and above. The avg gpa for most stem majors is not that high.

>apply to internship
>we only want people close to finishing or who already have a bachelor's degree
>or have a lot of experience in the field

Fuck me, why is it so hard to find a place to work for free ?

>thinking you can get a job without nepotism
grades mean jack shit.

>be me
>Be a mental midget at schooling (2.7 gpa, lied and put a 3.5 gpa on my cv)
>took a student assistant position sophomore year, did fuck all work and used the position to build connections in the industry
>Accepted a job working as a technical artist at a small advertising company
>Make hella money
>Spend most of my time fucking around with friends, going on tinder dates, or fucking around with new technology until I come up with shit that Delta airlines wants to pay for
Comp sci people have no social skills. Acting like you're smart and you know what you're doing will get you 90% of the way there

>apply for sysadmin or some menial shit
>you're overqualified
>think "fuck it"
>send in resumee to some company saying i only know Java and omitting my Bachelor
>get invited to interview
>they ask what i have been doing in those 4 years between highschool and my 3 month internship
>tell them about about me going to college and that i omitted it to see if i could get an interview without, since up until now everyone just ignores me
>interviewer becomes visibly ashamed, says i'm most likely overqualified for the position

I just want a comfy non-challenging sysadmin job. Jesus, it's not hard to learn Ubuntu and backng up shit.

What's a GPA? Some ameriburger bullshit to justify minimum wage slavery at mcdonald even if you have a master degree?

From what I gathered, it's a grade from 0 to 4. Somehow, americlaps can get a 4 which is absolute retardation when you're a student but they can take additional classes to boost their grades.

No wonder their degrees are worth nothing.