Is it really a botnet?

Is it really a botnet?
Is there a way I can deactivate the botnet features?

Yes.
No.

Of course.
Not really. Even if you could, future updates will just bring more.

yes. install gentoo.

i have yet to have someone explain why im avoiding this "botnet"

No.

>Is it really a botnet?
We don't know because we cannot study its source.

>Is there a way I can deactivate the botnet features?
This cannot be verified because we cannot study its source.

If you are concerned about these things (which you should) you should only use free and open source software.

No, you can't.
You must install Linux.

Privacy.

yes
you can't.

>Is it really a botnet?
Have you bothered to read the EULA?
If not, you can't complain.

>This cannot be verified because we cannot study its source.
And even if you could you are hardly qualified to audit professionally written software.
An IBM dev wrote an article about a one-line program that took 10 revisions before it was qualified for use.
What hope do you have?

Then you either haven't been paying attention or you're retarded.

Yep, it's called a second computer. Windows is for games, install it on your gaming PC and you're done. Use another computer to avoid that particular botnet

He's right though. There isn't actually a reason to avoid windows unless you are bad at security.

>using windows
>not "bad at security"
Are you mental?

If you get your hands on the Enterprise or Education versions, you can set telemetry to a minimal level (no, you can't disable it completely). Otherwise you're fucked.

I was thinking of using Windows 10, but Fall Creator's is buggy as sin, perhaps more than High Sierra, holy shit. I don't want to run Creator's update if support is going to end soon. I wish these fagwaffles would not break shit that always worked before.

If you can't mitigate the security risks posed by windows you are bad at security.

Never had a problem with a clean install of the fall creators update. Did get better button-to-pixel latency however

There is no way to mitigate the security risks posed by proprietary malware.

I don't know, for instance on my X220 it's perfect. I haven't had any troubles there. On my desktop I keep having issues with high CPU usage with some apps, links opening up minutes after clicking on them on external applications, refresh rate detection issues, it's a bit of a mess. I never do version upgrades, just backup shit and fresh install.

You confused? Me too, man. This is Sup Forums, you guys should know what you're doing enough to be able to use windows without compromising yourself

You can't use Windows without compromising yourself even if you use an LTSB version.

Bullshit. Keep a secure computer on a different network than an insecure one. Use burner devices for ops. Use offline storage. Use encryption. How could you possibly allow windows to escape it's sandbox?

This is why you're bad at security. You think my windows computer can do fuck all without any access to my private data? Have you just not considered securing anything at all?

Don't listen to this guy you can

You can set it to 0 on enterprise.

0 is what I'm referring to. "Security".

It seems like with all of that effort you could just use Linux and have less to worry about.

>0 on enterprise
Useless

Then don't use windows defender??? It's shit anyway.

Read again. It says it _includes_ MSE/MSRT, not _limited to_

The shill is strong with this one!

Hello Windows shill.

Works on my machine.

Ah right.

A botnet requires it to be forced upon you by a third party. Microsoft - you relationship is first and second party.

It's fine, I enjoy using Windows and native windows applications. I wish Sup Forums could join me in not having problems

He who has your data can blackmail you.