What cooler do you use?

what cooler do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

scythe-eu.com/en/products/cpu-cooler/fuma.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

got 2 of these bad boys hooked up to my mobo

Oh so you're running AMD on stock?

i use op's pic related. keeps my 7700k nice and cool.

I just take my cpu out and dunk it in some icy water whenever it gets over 100
>he likes to have loud fans while he is on the computer

stock

>RGB

Who gives a shit?

h100 on cpu and h60 on gpu

CR90-C

7 years old NH-D14. Probably the sigle better piece of hardware I ever bought.

imagine drawing this

image recognizing oneself in this drawing.
Gotta sting.

settle down, user.

Cryorig M9i cooling a 4790.
Genuinely impressed with how well the little thing performs, 60°C while stress testing. Had a couple Arctic F9 fans laying around and decided to try them on for shits and giggles, shaved a couple C more. Also it's whisper quiet on both single and dual fan, never needed either the stock fan or the F9's above 1100rpm.

been running this on my 3930k for 6 years now. im afraid it will blow any minute now. this is the last time im getting an aio because the noise is terrible.

This monstrosity. Keeps an OC 8700K cool and is whisper quiet.

durr

Macho 140mm, it was pretty cheap

Imagine the liquid in there is air.

Now try to understand that both liquid and air are fluids. Now understand that they operate with the same fluid dynamics.

If you believe an liquid cooler would "blow" then then same should apply to an air cooler.

In short, the distinction comes from ignorance of science.

currently the new glowy AMD boxed. about to be replaced with a noctua NH-L9 so I can close my case, but first I need to test my ryzen for segfault with the 4.15 kernel.

>noctua NH-L9
what kind of case do you use to need such tiny cooler?

Cheap chink 2 heatpipe Al cooler, 80mm Arctic Cooling fan (or was it 92mm?).

Had to mill and polish base how uneven it was.

Cools 140W AMD, it does get close to dissipation limit when playing vidya during hot summer days but can't complain for $10.

Underclocking actually

liquid coolers dont have heatsinks to protect the cpu in case of failure
also there are more points of failure

nepton 280l

The CPU itself has built in failsafes to protect itself in case of failure anyway.

Are water coolers safe for health?

I mean, its not water but usualyl some kind of oil + anti corrosive agent + anti glae etc.

Some of this stuff will evaporates and you are going to breath it.

What about pic related?
How long is it reliable till it evaporate?

Why would it evaporate

muh permeation

Because law of physic m8, they cant invent 100% hermetic watercooling for 150$

Even on warranty it says that after certain years or hours of use it will evaporate 0.00%, its so slow that probably you will throw it before it happens, but in self made watercooling this ratio is much higher.

I just replaced an i7-920 stock cooler with a CM master liquid 240, dropped temps by 50C.

My friend and I bought that exact model a year apart. Mine was first, and had rubber hoses, never had a problem, ran cooler and quieter. He got one after they had cheaped the fuck out and started using that corrugated shit. His leaked and fried his mobo, luckily the retailer was boss about the whole situation, but his never ran as quiet, or cooled as well as mine, I can only assume that the cheap tubing restricted flow.

This old piece of shit. It has served me well over the years, so I'm not complaining.
Never leaked even though I've carried my PC to quite a few places and always performed well after switching the default fans for better ones.

There is no fucking way the cooler alone did this. If you truly believe it then you don't know shit about PC building.
Sounds like you didn't apply quality thermal paste to your stock cooler in the first place, that's what makes most temps go to shit.

He probably just left the three lines of shit that were smeared on there at the factory in place.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking as well.
To be honest its a disgrace that Intel isn't shipping any high quality thermal paste with their CPU + cooler combo.
Their coolers would be enough with decent paste, but they are completely worthless garbage without it.

why the fan on the water block?

lol

Nocunas are beautiful in their own ugly way.
Probably the best cooler manufacturer, because they focus on something important (being quiet) over something retarded (being RGB)

Arctic freezer i32

Got it on sale for $28 at Microcenter. Keeps my R7-1700X under 50C at stock clocks with all 16 threads pinned to 100% usage.

Just under 65C when I overclock to 3.8ghz

ekwb cpu and gpu cooler + custom pipe installation, everything else is shit

to keep it cool

One of the things most people overlook when doing liquid cooling (custom or AiO) is how hot the VRM's and northbridge get in the absence of a heatsink. Give them a little bit of airflow (in this case the fan on the block) and the temps won't sky rocket. Toasty VRM's don't live long and start to suffer from voltage drop/boost over time.

>he paid for a Noctua dual-tower

scythe-eu.com/en/products/cpu-cooler/fuma.html

>To be honest its a disgrace that Intel isn't shipping any high quality thermal paste with their CPU + cooler combo.
They can't even apply a proper heat transfer beneath the IHS, let alone above it. At least the old 920 wasn't subjected to toothpaste.

When was the turning point for Intel? Like when were they able to start getting away with ripping off the customer? At first they still included a cooler, but the overall quality slowly just went to shit. Then once everyone got accustomed to how bad the stock cooler is, Intel just took it away entirely for certain chips. All the while their prices remained the same or went up!

Was it Ivy Bridge?

I think the real IHS heat transfer problems started with Haswell, so yeah, Ivy Bridge might have been on the edge as far as I know.

Yep, Ivy Bridge was the first of the semen transferred IHS, Sandybridge and Sandybridge-E was the last of the soldered heatsinks.
I mean, I'm not necessarily opposed to delidding a CPU provided I've run for a week or so to make sure there's no manufacturing defects, but it's still pretty appalling you're forced to void your warranty to get the IHS to adequately do its fucking job.

And 8ts completely garbage that they continue to get away with tactics like this. Meltdown not withstanding. I have an AMD sempron 3850 I bought for $30. You know, those AM1 socket quad core Kabini chips? Even that fucking thing had a soldered lid, and it was only rated as a 25w TDP chip. Meanwhile you have mini furnaces like the 8700K for $350+ using toothpaste. And people will still defend them too.

There is actually no legal ground as far as voiding warranty goes when delidding a CPU.
Just like your warranty cant be nullified when repairing your own device.

At least thats how far the legal stuff goes.

Though manufacturers can get away with it indefinitely as long as there are no massive class action lawsuits against them.
So its kinda our fault. In a perfect world deliddable CPUs are definitely better then ones with soldered heatsinks.

To be fair power draw of most CPUs went down over the years, which means heat output as well.
I'm guessing with the tech from 10 years ago their current shady practices would have been impossible, because those CPUs would have melted pretty much instantly.

Bought it because I was on a budget and it's really good looking with the two-tone fan and the black top plate.

Planning to upgrade whenever my 6700k will actually need overclocking. What's the biggest, most fuck-off, in your face, air cooler I can get?

I fucking love huge chunks of metal.

d15 here

and I paid for noctua quality fans + a cooler, not just a cheaper cooler I need to get new fans for.

d15 for active air cooler, there are quite a few passive ones that are bigger that you may be able to rig fans too...

now i'm curious, how good would passive cooler with fans do against active coolers? would the passive design fuck them or would it increase their ability to the point of surpassing active solutions.