Where's the best place to get started with pic related? I know it's shit...

Where's the best place to get started with pic related? I know it's shit, but I keep needing to dip into it for work purposes.

Other urls found in this thread:

mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/visual-basic-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners-16507?l=jqMOvLKbC_9206218965
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's always a better option than using VBA. Find it.

Fucking disgusting. How can you possibly need it? Just use the libraries in C#. Stay a million miles away from the shit

Books? Books. Books!

gud luck user

I'm limited to excel and access at work. IT policy isn't the greatest.

MVA is a great resource for a lot of ms tech

mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/visual-basic-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners-16507?l=jqMOvLKbC_9206218965

VB is pic related but with autism.

Look into Microsoft books from the era

Thanks user. I'm not an absolute beginner but I'll check this out.

Quit. I'd rather get waterboarded than having to deal with that shit.

I was thinking as much, they sometimes do deep dives on different tech so there might be something more on your level in their archives

>not c++ and qt
Topkek mang

Wrong you are user. If you're running Windows, you have a C# compiler called csc.exe. It runs C# 5.0, and you can link the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel libraries to it to access everything that's available in VBA and more. You should have a library on your computer for each office program, and can link all of them using a command line switch on the compiler (the switch is /r:path_to_libraries)

There user, I just saved you hundreds of wasted hours learning VMemeA

>I'm limited to excel and access at work. IT policy isn't the greatest.

I was told by my boss to write a spreadsheet function in VBA. Basically we were given exports out of a really old legacy system and we had to convert the data to another format to feed it into another legacy system

I told my boss I could write it in .net he said i'd be wasting my time. So I went ahead and did it. Didn't really care if he was pissed off. Put a GUI on it.

He ended up giving the app I made to the brain dead receptionist to do - receive file, run through program, upload.

stick it to em

Cheers, I'll look into it. Our workstations are locked down to the point of not being able to use the command line due to aforementioned company idiocy. Powershell is available though, go figure.

God bless you user

>Our workstations are locked down to the point of not being able to use the command line
Jesus Christ

>Our workstations are locked down to the point of not being able to use the command line
>Powershell is available though

Sums up my feelings exactly user. Maybe I should just move on.

Try the PDFs from goalkicker.

It's hilarious how you have to resize the built-in arrays manually.