cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczos
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
dither-depth=8
temporal-dither

>Madshi
>There's always a fancy new algo around the corner, isn't there?
>But no, nothing very soon.
Please haasn, come back.
Madshi is becoming super lazy since you left the mpv project.

Is there some profile setting that forces multiple highlighted files to go into the same playlist? If I try to open two audio files at once, it opens two instances of mpv, instead of one instance with two in the playlist. Had to click-and-drag instead.

mpv has to save android now that mx player became poojeet

Here is a up to date version if you want to try
profile=gpu-hq
gpu-api=vulkan
vd-lavc-dr=yes

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
temporal-dither=yes

>vo=opengl
replaced with:
vo=gpu
gpu-api=opengl
both default with gpu-hq profile

>opengl-backend
Replaced with gpu-context

what's the best video upscaler in general?

haasn is still sending commits though?
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/0192eeb

How does a winfag go about installing FSRCNNX? I've tried downloading the .glsl & adding the profile=gpu-hq
fbo-format=rgba16hf
glsl-shaders="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_r1_16-0-4-1.glsl", to no avail.

is there any retard friendly way to add an audio visualizer or something to MPV for music? Im tired of looking at a black box while my music plays

github.com/mfcc64/mpv-scripts/blob/master/visualizer.lua

what is some good video material to test if I might have anything in my settings that's off?
I tried playing back bits of stuff I have but couldn't really tell the difference between settings

Yo can one of my niggas help me configure mpv on a VM? It's playing in slow motion frame by frame for some reason. When I open the same video on YouTube through browser it works just fine.

The VM is running artix btw

so is vulkan better than opengl? gtx670 here. and what's up with all the replacements lately?

The VO thingy was rewritten and added vulkan which is why all the option changed.

You can use the benchmark profile to see which gives you better performance.

[bench]
audio=no
untimed=yes
video-sync=display-desync
vulkan-swap-mode=immediate
opengl-swapinterval=0
fullscreen
osd-msg1="FPS: ${estimated-display-fps}"

Run from command line with --profile=bench and --gpu-api=vulkan or opengl to see which gives higher fps

I think that mpv is popular only because directshow "filters" have less and less active developers. I think madshi have to do something!

poo in loozor

Not him, but thanks

Microsoft new streamlined Polaris "Core OS" thing is a sign that they are going to ditch legacy Windows APIs for regular users along with 32-bit support sooner or later and maybe only leave legacy support exclusive for Pro versions. I don't see a future for directshow, as a future move he can invest in his own ground-up stack or group up with other proprietards.

Does MPV have a mode that works on Windows 7 (no Aero) without tearing or judder?

UWP and MediaFoundation powaaaa!

It's official, MPEG throws the towel
blog.chiariglione.org/2018/01/28/

AOM AV1 will steamroll now that Apple also joined them

Depends on hw and os
For me its better

Support for 7 is going to get worse and worse (for everything). Start looking for another OS.

Tearing happens due to no vsync.

Stutter/judder happens due to 3:2 pulldown of video.

Fix the above. I have Aero/VS disabled completely on my Win7 and mpv works perfectly fine.

uhh i mean it aways goes to 59-60fps even with vsync off and nothing else in mpv.conf other than that bench profile. is there something else to look at?

Uh, I don't think so, sweetie

I'm didn't notice judder when I was using it (120hz) but in all the modes I tried there was massive tearing

Are there any plans to finally replace swscale?

>it's a hwdec=auto leads to insane banding and skipping up to ten seconds worth of playtime episode
Thank you based mpv

Try 'vulkan-swap-mode=mailbox

How do I adjust the audio balance? I used to be able to do
add balance #
but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Where did you put the shader? Did you put it in the same folder you have mpv.conf? Also, what are you trying to play and what is your screen resolution?

The side buttons on my mouse used to control volume, but now that I've reinstalled my OS it doesn't anymore. Is there something I have to put in the config to bind it?