Be university student

>be university student
>take software engineering course
>teacher goes through the history of the different programming languages and how the first language was created and so on
>at the end he asks students to fill out a table on the blackboard about what language people use in the past present and future
>every fucking retarded-ass student there thinks glorious C++ is a dusty outdated mess and that in the future we'll only be using Python
>fucking Python
>the absolute fucking state of millenials
>now inbetween our usual programming assignments we get retarded-ass shit we need to do in python as well

should i just quit the course and go rogue? these people are killing me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TTXVMMWlbU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're not using python then you're going to be in the wrong end of history

>if your not using this high level slow-ass easy-bake-oven language themed after slytherin from Harry Potter so it can appeal to teens you're on the wrong side of history
Look at this fucking fag, newsflash bucko you're already on the wrong side of history.
Also
>using anything higher levelled than LISP
>ever

What is used here?

youtube.com/watch?v=0TTXVMMWlbU

python is a good language to know

only retarded kids who've never landed a job or internship will incite flame wars over programming languages

>go to Uni
>"Man it's full of retarded people"
>paying for shit you already know and bitch about how other people don't
Maybe you should just kys

Most likely either BASIC or ASM.

Wait until you write your thesis and it is fixing one of the Python messes academia tends to produce.

At least you didn't have any queers shilling for rust.

actually we did have a fag shilling for Rust, but the pythonfags were so fucking many i almost puked

Fuck I hate these libraries people write for their PhD but do not maintain it after they get it.

Haha, soon I will do the same. And I already know that it will suck, because the APIs I build that with also suck and are a wild ride of C and Python in a typical way that do results in yet slow applications and basically those faggots would have been better of with a C++ chad API.

>Go to Sup Forums
>This place's full of people who have no idea what they're talking about unless it includes paying or shelling out dosh

>Go to uni
>Man it's full of people who seem as if they'd forget how to breathe if you'd occupy them with something more complex than youtube

There's no winning. I just want to find equals and peers.

>object oriented

As someone who nearly exclusively programs in Matlab (and some C) what is wrong with python?

get published bitch

Better start with asking: What have they done really well? There is a few things but I can count them with one hand. The most problem however is who uses Python and for what.

depending on what you are making python is perfectly acceptable. Is portage shitty for not being in C?

Will that get me friends?

It will get you power over grad students and undergrads.

it's like user said
^an easy-bake language. It's slow, (unbearably slow at times actually) and can make stuff fitting the status quo, but there is so much lack of freedom compared to the C lineage there is no fucking room for inovation with the thing, it's a teenager language that has nowhere to go, it's just there. You'll never see anyone make anything revolutionary with Python cause its so harmless and so restricting its insulting to look at

everything is shitty unless its in C

>Is portage shitty for not being in C?
Who knows, what exactly does it do?
Also, this somehow implies that you only have the choice between system programming languages made by amateurs and scripting languages made by amateurs.

Even Nodejs is faaster than python...
JAVASCRIPT IS FASTER THAN PYTHON.

So using a "language on the wrong side of history" you can multiply you hardware by 10x+ for free if you are smart? Okay, guess i'll be over here on the wrong side.

At least python has a non-cancerous way to select from arrays.

I personally like Matlab because you can almost always ignore all types that aren't matrices (with indexes properly starting at 1).

It is a decent language for testing algorithms and I feel like the same is true for python, quick and dirty, not fast or exciting but if you want to get something done then you can get it done quite fast.

Why does a language need to be exciting?
Isn't "ability to solve the problem" the proper measure?

Ever got in with the reverse engineering or CTF challenges where you exploit code for flags as a game?
OR done electronics breadboard projects like playing with a Teensy, ESP8266 / ESP32, or Arduino?

Python script kiddies can't do any of that.

>At least python has a non-cancerous way to select from arrays.
Yeah, but so what, compared to VBA? C? MUMPS? BANCSTAR language?

My comparison was to C, as that would be the language I would use if I cared for speed.

>Isn't "ability to solve the problem" the proper measure?
if you can do the same exact thing, but it computes faster, you can reuse it, rewrite it in a lot of ways, and can apply the language itself to pretty much anything, then there's no reason to use Python, it's just laziness to use something that gives a worse result in the end.
It's the "real language" equivelant of GML

>CTF challenges where you exploit code for flags as a game?
Theses challenges are mostly solved in python.

see >Also, this somehow implies that you only have the choice between system programming languages made by amateurs and scripting languages made by amateurs.

Python is superior to just about every language though

Maybe the ones you do....

blocks you path

But it is significantly easier to write when it comes to matrices then C, that is the point.

And you don't care about speed when testing if algorithms work.

so you're basically saying you like python casuse youre a mathfag and like having things spoonfed to you

That's actually a valid use for python or other languages where speed is less important than other properties like total development time and clarity of code.

>it's another thread bitching about python
>where the only complaint is speed
>which is not even what python is used for
Use the best tool for the best job. It just so happens python is the best tool for things that don't care about efficiency, which is like 80% of use cases now a days.

I honestly don't really have an opinion about python.

A language is a tool for me and Matlab indexing is so good that it actually used by mathfags outside of programming.

I don't care if my code is slow by a factor of 10, I want to be able to convert mathematical expressions into code as fast and clear as possible.

Matlab also got probably the best standard library ever created.

You sound like a child.

School is to get paper and human networking to get job to make money.

End thinking like a child. End idealism. Learn without question at school, regurgitate, get 4.0, get job, get money. Life is a shit sandwich so the more bread you have the less shit you taste. Code for yourself for fun, but when MONEY is on the line get your mind right to make $$$.

>I just want to find equals and peers.
>cue to edgelording about we all being alone trying to find meaning when there's none.

Equals and peers are non-existent user. I know I sound like an edgelord but that's my experience after 32 years walking this shitty earth. Just try to enjoy the experience for the reasons everyone else does. Get both drunk and laid; at least that way you'll get something more than a degree that taught you nothing from a uni that set you up in a class full of retards that could afford the same education as you.

sad

No problem. That shit can deal with race conditions so we both get to pass.