LibreOffice is ug-

>LibreOffice is ug-

Nice document.

-ly.

Star Office 7 was better

It's ugly until the ribbon UI is finished.

/thread

Makes pretty gud circles.
I don't see a green pepper tho.

Why do the propriecucks rant about it so much? What seriously are the differences between using LibreOffice and Microsoft Office? And between LibreOffice and GDocs?

Files actually looking like you saved them, for one.
Proper support by literally anything.
Something that even comes close to VBA, though I'll admit Google Apps Script is vastly superior.

GDocs also lacks custom font support, which is why it's not used at my working place for example.

The closest thing M$ would tolerate is .odf

Ribbon UI is fucking shit.

> Can't into spreadsheets

>GDocs also lacks custom font support, which is why it's not used at my working place for example.

Not to mention that it all happens on Google's servers which means no expectation of confidentiality.

It's ugly but who cares it works for me.

Since when have Microsoft cared about Office files working in other editors. The goal of LibreOffice is to create an alternative, not an exact copy.

If you create your projects in LibreOffice and keep them there, nothing will go wrong. If you're then exporting as anything other than pdf and are complaining about it looking strange, it can't be blamed on anything other than your stupidity.

did they even finish programming Impress ? Last time i tried to use it, it was laughably unfinished and was not compatible with powerpoint at all, it could open and save but the formatting was beyond fucked.

Export as PDF

which is fine if you just need to print it or need to email a read only copy to someone. not going to help you when you need to make a presentation or collaborate with other people.

Well, if everyone else used LibreOffice as well it would work. It's just the same on both sides, either everyone has to use MS Office or everyone has to use LibreOffice. Neither of them is better or worse than the other from that.

>Neither of them is better or worse than the other from that.
not at all lol. Excel is insanely more feature complete than Calc. I couldn't even do half the stuff from my intro to finance class.

I'm sure it is, I was just saying that neither is better than the other for the fact alone that they aren't compatible with each other.

>LibreOffice is ug-
Oh shit it's a sni-