HackRF One

Hey Anons. Getting a HackRF One soon. Any projects you have tried and/or think might be cool to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

taylorkillian.com/2013/08/sdr-showdown-hackrf-vs-bladerf-vs-usrp.html
sharebrained.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what are you getting it for?

if it is just for only listening to radio transmissions the the SDRPlay is a better receiver for a lower price

Wanted to not just be able to see wifi packets normally, but in their airwave form as well. Just thought it would be interesting...

bladeRF is a much more versatile SDR.

taylorkillian.com/2013/08/sdr-showdown-hackrf-vs-bladerf-vs-usrp.html
First search and I found this...
Top thing on the specs table is the frequency spectrum. Keep in mind that that is the original HackRF, and not the One. They made it from 1 MHz to 6 GHz now, which by looking at that will give me the broadest application for my money. Also, please explain how the BladeRF is more versatile please (not sarcasm).

okay, since you want to look at wifi then stick with the HackRF One, the SDRplay only goes up to 2 gigs, you will need to go higher and the HackRF one can get to the wifi part of the spectrum

The FPGA means you can actually process modern protocols (e.g. Wi-Fi or LTE) in real time.

Unless you just want to listen to FM radio, I would go with the bladeRF. The USRP looks better from that article, though, if it's in your price range.

I mean, unlocking cars and all of that sounds like fun too, but it's not like I'm going to be doing it almost at all. At most, I might do it on my car once to try and reverse engineer the hashing etc...
I was also thinking of using it to cleanly broadcast FM around my house. I have a Raspberry Pi, but I'm too slack to make the filter for it (it emits square waves eughh) and by getting this, I could do so much more...

>HackRF

I've heard attenuation is horrible on those across all bands.

GPS spoofing

Can the software side of things attenuate it?

I jam my neighbors garage opener every monday.
It's always entertaining to watch that fatso flail about

No problems with the law, right?
Unless they have multiple devices listening on that frequency, they won't be able to find you...

My buddy made an onboard visualizer and interface for this. His names Jared and he's a bamf. Highly recommend it to extend its functionality and usability in the field. It's aint shilling if its opensource hardware...r-right guys? sharebrained.com/

>HackRF
overpriced sh-t

Nice bait

Its the unlicened band unless he complains to the fcc no one cares

>The FPGA means you can actually process modern protocols (e.g. Wi-Fi or LTE) in real time.
no, the fpga means that you can mod the design to your liking, and do the rest in software.
Noone provides you with 802.11.x designs to put on the fpga

>HackRF One
since you can spend that much money on something that would give you a shitload of frustration to work on and develop anything, you should've chosen a usrp mini with the great AD936X chips that have great potential at nearly all the spectrum that they support.

*Shrug*

>2013

Case for $60, hope no one can use google and find them for less than half that...

Nice bait