Why do only idiots have to have anti virus/malware software installed...

Why do only idiots have to have anti virus/malware software installed? I haven't for over 6 years now on my win7 install and have never gotten a virus. Maybe it's because I am not retarded? And IF I download something fishy I can always upload it to virustotal for free online analytics. So what's your excuse Sup Forums?

no one who isn't retarded uses one, except maybe the occasional malwarebytes scan, and only applies to windows
you only have to keep everything as up to date as possible

the actual virus is the winblows on your harddrive

>occasional malwarebytes scan
Don't ever run proprietary closed source software with elevated privileges on your system. I can't believe I actually have to point this out.

Windows itself is proprietary closed source software and naturally has elevated privileges on your system.

that's a bit too much, I myself don't even use winshit but occasionally when a friend asks me for help after they're retarded enough to click on a misleading download ad and open an .exe I run a scan and it does its job just fine
if you're going to say you shouldn't run malwarebytes then you shouldn't be using windows anyway
the only truly propietary potentionally dangerous software I'm using are nvidia drivers (because nouveau is just bad in performance, specially for the newer cards) and kernel blobs I guess.

>I haven't for over 6 years now on my win7 install and have never gotten a virus.
You probably have a virus right now

This.

>I haven't for over 6 years now
How do you know?
Can you tell by the pixels?

That's because you are a sad little man in your mums basement with no family of your own. My wife's son always installs some shit or other every month or so.

>It doesn't tell me what it's doing in the background so that means it's working fine

OP you are the idiot. You legitimately expect that a virus would pop up and announce it's presence to you. That's not how it works, this isn't the 90s anymore. Your machine could be part of a (non-meme) botnet right now and you'd never know. No, you cannot look at task manager and tell, modern malware has the capability to hide it's presence.

Malware don't have to come from you downloading software and running it (although it does). Malware can be spread through vulnerabilities, especially browser vulns.

Did you know that there have been multiple of vulnerabilities in the font rendering systems on Windows that allow machine takeover? Hope you've never gone to a website with a custom font.

Did you know that there have been multiple vulnerabilities in various video rendering libraries that allow machine takeover? Hope you've never played a video.

My point is that you're woefully uneducated on the actual risks here and you shouldn't just assume that malware can only come from downloading bad files.

>wife's son
>intentionally allowing technological illiterate people to use your computer

:^)

hello rabbit

>wife's son

reddit spacing

This is the gayest meme on Sup Forums. Wasted trips.

sorry redditor, I don't make the rules

Never gotten a virus?
You wouldn't know anyway.

Would you know if a connection between you and a webpage is real or not? The address displays correctly and the webpage looks normal. But you are actually sending out POST requests to some hacker trying to steal your passwords cache.

You wouldn't know this was happening if you don't have an antivirus. An antivirus will catch stuff like this out for you.

why do underage redditors like you even bother posting here? you know that's not how the internet works, maybe stop using jewgle chrome and you'll be fine

>trips
>dubs
Most vacuous meme on Sup Forums.

I use windows 10 NTSB
I know its prone to the botnet, but i dont use it for my serious stuff
My girlfriend uses normie windows 10 and tons of closed source cancer software so anything secure i dont access when connected to my network as that could be compromised
Every other month i wipe my gaymin pc drives, write over them with 0s, clear the file system, then reinstall a new file system from a secure system. Windows may inherently be botnet but idk what else i could feasibly do beyond what i already do to negate it

>I've driven for six years without a seatbelt and I've never gotten into an accident

>I know its prone to the botnet,
Windows 10 is a botnet in itself.

People on this retarded ass board don't know what "botnet" actually means

Fair point
My question is, in an interconnected world like we have today, how can you even protect your information, anywhere you need that information for is prone to data leaks
Ironically for this board, the only real way ik of would be to use no technology