These new flat interfaces make me feel uncomfortable. They are too sterile, it feels like it's dead

These new flat interfaces make me feel uncomfortable. They are too sterile, it feels like it's dead.
Am I alone feeling this?

These images and interfaces are intended to cater to you, everyday human. Trust us. Be safe.

no you're not alone
it's also ugly too
they didn't try with w10 since it's imtended to be free spyware anyway

>Am I alone feeling this?
nope.

And to think, there's a discipline called user interface design, with like principles and shit. wtf. is there not some optimal design?

So it didn't look like I'm blaming Win10 only, let me post a couple more of modern interfaces.

no not alone. i also think they're completely lifeless. i miss skeuomorphism even though it's considered lame by today's standards
pic related just feels so comfy to use

I really miss 3D buttons. What's a button and what's not a button nowadays? They look the same. If your interface design has t make me guess and think, you're doing it wrong. UI design used to be more intuitive I think when visual cues were used more often instead of the standard flat design we see today.

I wish skeuomorphism would make a comeback.

The only good thing I can say about flatshit is that it's easy to make icons for.
Skeuomorphic icons look pretty terrible if you don't have the skills for it.

> I really miss 3D buttons.
Weren't buttons flat earlier?

i always used to think that i was incredibly inept in designing user-interfaces because i had flat buttons on flat backgrounds with plain text
now i know my skills are enterprise grade

They had very visible drop shadows and color inversions for clicks and stuff like that, which are good visual clues

>Weren't buttons flat earlier?

maybe on mac. never on windows.

Yeah, but that was because there weren't enough pixels or colors to really pull off 3D.

They made them 3D pretty much as fast as they could

> never on windows.
oh really

well i'm talking about after the dinosaurs roamed the earth. but to be fair, you could consider those outlines of the buttons to be 3D shadows in a way. They still delineate and define the button.

>They still delineate and define the button.
So, Material Design is fine? (see the back)
For me, it uses too much pastel colors though.

I like the flat look. Better than that cartoony XP like shit. 7 is a good balance.
>sterile
>dead
It's a fucking computer.

>Material Design
yeah I like those too. maybe even better than 3D, which is hard to get right and looking good and not tacky or distracting. just give us intuitive visual cues that let us instantly know how to use the interface without thinking

The normal one doesn't highlight where the buttons are at all though

>It's a fucking computer
If computer is fucking, I want to have know its feelings

>It's a fucking computer.
that I'm staring at and trying to use efficiently all fucking day. protip: invest in a good chair and mattress too. you spend a lot of time sitting and sleeping.

OP, why did you post a screenshot that looks nothing like actual Windows 10?

I like flat design when it's done right. Windows 10 did not do it right to say the least.