Am I the only one who is glad gaymers are getting BTFO by shitcoin miners?

Am I the only one who is glad gaymers are getting BTFO by shitcoin miners?

It's worth a chuckle.

Spoiled children never learned they can't always get what they want.

Shitcoin miners are getting BTFO right now. It's a double whammy.

I got my 1080 early last year. I could probably mine ethereum on the side for extra cash. Who exactly is getting BTFO here? Nocoiners or those who waited on upgrading their card for so fucking long?

I'm pretty sure Nvidia and AMD are rather happy that the prices are rising. Not sure why any other person would be happy though. If you're not profiting off of it, why do you get so happy about rising prices?

>spoiled children
wew, nice projection there. Who killed you in CoD? All jokes aside. It is quite unfair for the entire market to suffer at the whim of one group while you condemn another for wanting come fo that control back. The increase in prices affect everyone, not just gaymers. I would not want to pay an additional $100 to $200 more of msrp, and I dont game all that often. What about those that use the cards for work, rendering videos, images and whatnot. The outcry the gamers show is completely justified, and if you cant see that, then you are a lost cause.

same!

> It is quite unfair for the entire market to suffer at the whim of one group while you condemn another for wanting come fo that control back.
You are literally whining that the market isn't revolving around you. That is most definitely a child and it sure seems spoiled to me.

>gaymers BTFO amirite my fellow Sup Forumsentoomen?
>it's you who is whining that the market doesn't revolve around them
Let me guess, you didn't upgrade your card and you're angry about it so you project onto gamers.

They are concerned to a degree as they don't know themselves what the ramifications of their core customer base being snubbed by a new customer base. Its concerning to them because they don't know whether their new customer base is permanent or temporary. However most are under the assumption these are temporary customers base and having their core base customer being snubbed makes it a dangerous and potentially volatile situation.

call me a tree hugger, but both groups are ruining the environment. gamers contribute nothing, but at least that's known and acknowledged. cryptominers think they're making something out of nothing, but it's just vaporware.

>The increase in prices affect everyone, not just gaymers. I would not want to pay an additional $100 to $200 more of msrp, and I dont game all that often. What about those that use the cards for work, rendering videos, images and whatnot.
how many people exactly use clearly gamer oriented cards to actually render videos?
The consumer graphics card market used to be large majority gamers but not anymore now its miners and gamers, and while gamers are upset the miners seems to be happy and therefore market is happy

>BTFO by shitcoin miners
>BTFO by people suckered by a ponzi scheme

gaymerfag

nah im not really ok with the environment getting fucked all because 1000 people in silicon valley convinced a bunch of neets they could be rich too in just 3 easy steps

Nvidia and AMD profit off of popularity, not rising prices. Neither of them are selling them at the prices they're at, it's the retailers as well as manufacturers like MSI that are making out.

>What about those that use the cards for work, rendering videos, images and whatnot.

If it's for a job then the job pays enough for the cost not to matter. Auto mechanics routinely buy thousands of dollars worth of tools and don't snivel about it. If a several hundred dollar vidcard doesn't pay for itself quickly then it's not an efficient work purchase. If it does, buy it.

If it's a toy then it's not for a job and it's a luxury expense. No one "suffers" because they can't buy a toy.

We just run Gentoo here. Go troll on Sup Forums or something

Meanwhile you contribute nothing while shitposting on Sup Forums

Nice argument, fagtron.

>
>> It is quite unfair for the entire market to suffer at the whim of one group while you condemn another for wanting come fo that control back.
>You are literally whining that the market isn't revolving around you. That is most definitely a child and it sure seems spoiled to me.

>Comment is about how a single force is driving prices in a market.
>Pointing out a trend is now equivalent to thinking the market revolves around oneself.
Nice strawman

Its ok user,
Eventually it will all come back to bite us.

>it's another "Sup Forumstard thinks anyone who owns a video chip is a gaymur" thread

Spoiled kids mad their autism bucks can't cover a GPU now.

I don't understand this meme. Spoiled/Rich kids don't care about graphics card prices.

>bought 2 1080s to SLI on day 1
>everyone tells me I'm retarded
>get bored of gaming within a month, mine coins everyday for 2 years instead
>cards make several thousand dollars over the years
>sell cards after 2 years of mining for like 85% of original price
>keep a 1060 I picked up on discount couple of months now in case of vidya, otherwise continue mining
feels good

>People in this thread aren’t scalping and reselling the GPUs at a huge mark up
Why aren’t you doing this, Sup Forums? Much more reliable profits than actually mining crypto with the cards.

I bought an RX 580 for $200 three days ago for gaming, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

no one should be happy proprietary locked technology (premade PCs, consoles) is winning financially over more freeform system building and general freedom to choose

>>sell cards after 2 years of mining for like 85% of original price
retard, could have sold them for a lot more

People told me the same when I was selling bitcoin for 17k$ and look at them now. Even gpu prices will find a correction sooner or later.

I am more concerned by AMD's lack on more gpu card, feel like they forgot to release the 600 series

my gpu died and i have to pay more. even a shitty rx560 and 1030 cost like crazy

You sound fat

Just pass the costs along just like corporations do.

I find it hilarious, I'm so glad I bought a GTX1080 when it was cheap, I just wish I got a GTX1080 Ti in retrospect.

There ain't shit to play anyway.
Only game I've played in the last 12 months is I Love Hue on my cheap tablet.

Yes you are

Tbh spoiled children not being able to get 1080 Ti s is a good thing
However, having to spend 500$ on a 1060 is also pretty darn crazy and you should be out of your mind to be ok with it

Haha, yeah, only gaymers are affected by the cryptocoin-induced inflation. Non-gamers can still buy hardware at normal prices, haha!

GPUs are still available.
Even this kid has two 1080 Tis.

I'm not glad, as I am not a spiteful person, but I am indifferent. I bought a GTX 770 back in 2013 and it still holds up fine for my purposes. I don't even game heavily anymore anyways.

>mfw gaming with a 560ti from 2011
>works with everything I play
>card too old to mine with though

Reminds me of that famous song by the Beatles

I'm literally buying an athlon x4 845 to pair with my r7 250x. I can still play anything at 1280x1024.
Suck it, premiumfags.

Fuck those prices. My prev gpu died recently and I cannot replace it with anything new. HTPC so I'd like to see HEVC hardware decoding. It's a linux so preferably an AMD card ( nv pascals have a drivers issue ). Those rx 550s would be good for maybe 2/3 or half the price. No modern successor of the HD 5450.

What's wrong with the gt 1030?

Compelling argument there, bucko

No drivers

i still have it, still
works too, played san andreas with it back in the day

Can't you buy a cheap 7000 series for the time being?

They are not though, used mining cards are going for cheap, anyone who buys a 1080 will buy it anyways.

You think that would stop mommy or daddy from buying one if the child is already spoiled?

"It is quite unfair" is not "pointing out a trend".

Yep nothing like making the gooks richer from mining up metals to build shit tons of gpus so western cucks can mine imaginary money to fuel their drug addictions with

If this isn't b8, let me remind you that you have to be 18 to post here

You forgot a few words there, the entire quote is "its quite unfair for the entire market to suffer at the whim of one group"
The part "entire market to suffer at the whim of one group" points out the trend that miners (one group) are causing the market to be overinflated (suffer).
I will agree that the original post was full of emotion, however, they never said the market should revolve around them. Even if we disagree on the above quote, nowhere in the original post did they make it seem like they wanted the market to revolve around themselves.
Also, wanting the prices to come back down to a normal level does not mean they want prices to revolve around them. Take gas prices for instance. Every time they go up, people usually have a negative opinion. Does that mean they are all whining that gas prices should revolve around themselves?