Would you buy a phone with an ethernet port?

would you buy a phone with an ethernet port?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibuygou.com/p-i9-android-4-0-upgraded-smartphone-4-0-inch-touch-screen-wifi-ethernet-3d-ui-4gb-3712.html
solid-run.com/marvell-armada-family/clearfog/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have never wished for one on my phone

Maybe

Not for that explicit reason, no.

But I wouldn't rule it out for that reason either.

So, maybe.

Sure, but it wouldn't be the reason why I bought a specific phone. Also I think that it would make more sense if the ethernet port was similar to the fujitsu lifebook's ethernet port.

depends on price and other hardware inside

No way. Too thick, I like wearing clothes that fit without looking like I've got bricks in my pockets.

This is the only way that it would make sense, excluding a Moto Mod-type addon.

No and I love ethernet.
Jesus it's a mobile device.

This

ibuygou.com/p-i9-android-4-0-upgraded-smartphone-4-0-inch-touch-screen-wifi-ethernet-3d-ui-4gb-3712.html

Fuck no not that one, at least.

>he doesn't carry his phone in a belt holster
pft, this fucking pleb

How can Applel even compete?

I'd buy one with a compact ethernet interface, like Lenovo has done with their new Yoga and X1 Carbon. It breaks out the ethernet pins in a slim port that you can use with a passive dongle adapter. You still get native ethernet, without the need for a USB dongle, and it fits in the very slim form factors that we have today.

No

>He thinks a couple of connectors can't be miniturized.

that thing is begging to break within 6 months

No, it makes it far too bulky to be a comfortable phone to use. But I do have a phone with a USB OTG port and a USB ethernet adapter I already had, for the occasional time I want to connect an ethernet cable to my phone.

>Likes to show off his uber-chinkphone 420XL on his hip

I've broken plenty of screens already faggot

There's nothing I'd want to do that needs a physical wired connection that would be remotely convenient on a shitty 5 inch touch screen.

No. WiFi is good enough since no twitch gaming bros

You could put it in a holster strapped to your belt.

Thats sexy

Good if your router sucks or you want faster data transfer than Bluetooth or USB 3.0
Theoretically it could work with solid construction and moderately careful usage

>moto mod ethernet
My god, it's genius.

Are you fucking me? Hell yeah I'd buy a phone thicc enough to have an Ethernet port. Think of the battery capacity that monstrosity would be able to fit in! Would I use the Ethernet? Fuck no. Would my battery die more than one a week? Fuck no. Would "quick charge" take less than two hours to go from 0 to 80? Fuck no. And it would be beautiful.

Yea, but I'd put on a distro and install pentest tools. Would be useful to use anywhere to break into networks etc.
Also use as a router itself if I brought in other devices.

At that point, you might as well use an SBC and a 10,000mAh battery.

>SBC
wat?

Depends if that device includes a screen, a usb 3.1 port would be great too.
desu a usb 3.1 port should solve the ethernet thing though, just use an adapter hub or something.

Asus tinker board with a 5" LCD

huh.
What makes it better then all the other boards?

Gigabit ethernet (dedicated controller)
2GB RAM
1.8-2.6GHz quad core (only 32-bit though)
SD 3.0 (UHS 1)

There are better boards, such as ones that include 64-bit ARMv8 andUSB3.1 (Gen 1, 5Gb/s), but the Asus board is pretty damn nice.

hmm looks like it's much more powerful.
Thanks, never knew Asus produced this.
Seems pretty neat desu.

Just found this thing.
This is like a hacker's dream machine!
You can plug it directly into compatible fiber optic switches, and break out to 2 GbE ports on its native switch!
It has USB3.0, PCIe, and fukken JTAG!
The SoC is on a replacable module fur future performance upgrades!
It provides PoE, so you can hook up a commercial WiFi AP to it!

This think is insane!

solid-run.com/marvell-armada-family/clearfog/

Nice!.
Thanks for that as well.

This desu.
Like, I don't need higher speeds or reliability on my smartphone's net connection than my wifi provides, and tethering it to the wall with a cord as heavy and stiff as cat5e seems contrary to how I use my phone. Maybe if I used my phone for watching a lot of video it'd make more sense, but I use my laptop for that (and have an ethernet cord in the organizer on my nightstand for that reason).

yes because its not too thin like modern phones are

>not carrying it inside a fanny pack
are you gay or something?

I've been using a ethernet USB dongle since my N900 when needed.

Thunderbolt

Yes
This

The whole point would be that it's solid to use. Just stick to dongles.

>not just getting a dongle

gimme a com port

actually wait
there still wouldn't be a keyboard there, would there
fuck it

A phone that thick has a lot of room for a battery. If adding an Ethernet port means adding more battery life sign me up.

No.

/thread

You used to be able to use the CF slot on PDAs as an Ethernet.

i dont ever use wifi because of radiation so yes, i would definitely buy it

USB to ethernet?