I'm a software engineer who's all for open source software and linux but I can't make the switch...

I'm a software engineer who's all for open source software and linux but I can't make the switch. Windows is just too convenient and user friendly. I've tried to switch to ubuntu like a pleb a few times but I don't like it, I just don't sorry. I don't see the point, it's a huge hassle to get basic programs to work properly and especially games

Am I a pleb for using Windows?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Even my grandma uses Linux without issues.

No.

yeah u a pleb, either that or you are wayyyyy too used to having your hand held by le interactice tutorials / can only learn by example.

desu if you cant set up an apache server without xampp and editing 1 config file after reading a page of super specific and easy to follow directions you probably dont even understand pointers and need to go back to talking about football and staring at the ground.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

Does nginx count too?

>I'm a software engineer
>games
Actual software engineer here, and you're a retarded sack of shit that needs to go back to

If you have to ask, then fuck off.

These days you have WSL and high quality virtualization so there aren't as many reasons to switch.

It used to be a pain to get basic stuff like MySQL, Python, git or Apache to work on Windows while you setting them up has been a single command on most linux distros for over a decade.

>Windows is just too convenient
> I'm a software engineer

needing to lie this hard on an Iranian rug-weaving board.

Don't (you) have some massive faggot cocks to eat on Sup Forums ..? I really don't get why cumqueens like (you) have such a pathological need to shit all over boards outside your containment zone.

GNU/Linux*

No.
I use Ubuntu and think it's a much better than Windows in all aspects, but it's time to stop falling for memes that could potentially impact your productivity.
I love Linux, but that's the problem. It's consumed me, and I've become obsessed with fine tuning the most trivial things, at least trivial in accordance to what I do.

I just wasn't ready for such a high maintenance relationship.

Did duck die?

>I'm a software engineer
You are a programmer. Get over yourself.

This.

That's the issue: What if you use computers for other things?

What if you need an OS with a great library of software for research, note taking, compiling books, documents, annotated images, etc? What if you need to share those via the cloud, along side video and powerpoint/keynote presentations? What if you need super easy to use blogging and publishing software, because you your mind is already over saturated and over cluttered with whatever intensive project you're working on?

Under this point of view, windows or macOS make all the sense in the world.

>Windows is just too convenient and user friendly.

It is easier to troubleshoot GNU/Linux desu desu.

Also setting up xorg on 7 monitor setups can be a huge pain, compared to windows. (Winshit supports multigpus a tad better)

I much rather set up apache then windows server.

Yes. Try OpenSuse with KDE, or Mint with cinnamon, maybe you'll like those better.

But what's the point? Like why should I?

I'm not an idiot, I can do it, I just don't see the point

xubuntu
make sure to have an ethernet connection

Hey i know you! You're the one hosting mmxchan!
>Showing FreeBSD in a linux related thread
I fucking love you desu.

>uptime 4.5 hours