What linux distro has the best touchscreen support? Both accuracy/usability and gestures

What linux distro has the best touchscreen support? Both accuracy/usability and gestures

Of the mainstream ones? None.
Only KDE Plasma Mobile and Ubuntu Touch cam even close to this, Ubuntu Touch died.
KDE Plasma Mobile isn't finished, and the only distro that really uses it correctly is PostMarketOS

Damn. I was really hoping to get a touch laptop for my general mobile device but I also wanted to use it to learn linux.

My sister's HP Pavilion 10 Touch worked out of the box when I installed Kubuntu in it.
Now it's back to win8, though.

Even windows doesn't do gestures correctly.
Touchscreens work just fine on most linux distros.

I use standard Ubuntu on my surface pro, works fine
better than windows, not that that's hard

Android.

>linux
>linux distro

>a touch laptop

>What linux distro
hint: the linux kernel is the same

Really? How is it only apple that gets it right? Limited market?
Thanks user. Would it be decent for mint then?
One of the flip ones. And although the kernel is the same don't they have varying support(software)/drivers etc needed?

Apple doesn't even have a touch screen desktop OS.
Android got it right.
Blackberry got it right.

I mean most of the windows touch laptops are tablets with a keyboard

>varying support(software)/drivers
drivers = kernel
and the kernel is always the linux kernel
as for software, same applies; it's generally all the same
Some distro may come with a particular DE/WM, some distro may use a particular init system, some distro use rpm and other distro use deb
but drivers, software and support is always the same, unless you're comparing corner case scenarios (heavily specialized distro e.g. forensic ones, distros shipping ancient vs leading edge software like debian stable vs fedora rawhide or opensuse tumbleweed, and so on and so forth)

For a user that has to ask about what distro to use, it's all about how it is pre-configured.
The enlightened users are not the users asking that sort of question.

Thanks for the explanation user. However is right I guess in pointing out what is preconfigured. Obviously there is going to be some tinkering to do, and that's part of the learning process for me, but its going to be more tedious and frustrating than interesting if practically nothing works out of the box.

KDE, Xfce and GNOME.
The only issue I have with xfce is when I connect a second display. Touch screen becomes basically unusable then since it uses relative touch between screens instead of only looking at a single screen. So if I touch the middle of my touchscreen it will register in the middle point between the two screens.

It is based on Linux

libinput only ?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Ubuntu touch

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.