If you see this thread on 0/1, you have achieved absolute ZEN

Zen APUs are out in early February, RyZen+ comes out in March, Zen 2 is already completed and good to go in late 2018/early 2019, almost entire RyZen 1xxx lineup got massive price cuts in lieu of upcoming RyZen+, RyZen+ 2400G is literally 1400 with integrated Sup Forumse/g/a/ on-board an is simply GLORIOUS. Zen APU 2500U (8 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/, same as in 2200G) was already shown to be able to play GTA V with 30~40 FPS in 1920x1080 on low settings, which literally means you'll be able to pretty much max out any game that's older than 5 years (yes, Zen APU enables to run Crysis maxed on a notebook). First Zen+ X470 motherboards already being shown and are going to be available before RyZen+ 2xxx series processors go on full launch. Upgrade to 12nm guarantees at least 4.4GHz stable on ALL cores & threads with RyZen+, also better wiring, components, and more features on Zen+ motherboards. First preliminary (raw-as-fuck) tests of Zen APUs are in: 2400G's integrated 11 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/ performs like full-sized discrete RX 560 while on default RAM frequency and no optimized drivers (in other words - worst case scenario). Let's wait and see how it does when it gets better RAM (3200+ MHz) and with quality drivers installed.

AMD appreciation thread.
Jim Keller brofist thread.
Amada comfy thread.
Zen worship thread.
Lisa love thread.

Bonus topic:
techpowerup.com/241105/amd-reports-fourth-quarter-and-annual-2017-financial-results AMD reports Q4 2017's and annual fiscal results, absolutely decimating Wall Street's expectations and doing way better than all the paid Inturd shillers and autistically screeching kindergartner-tier troll boy h8r Intbeciles proclaimed.

P.S.
Official anthem of AMD Zen:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVaJH8pWnWk

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/241107/various-amd-ryzen-raven-ridge-models-put-through-3dmark
techpowerup.com/241025/microcenter-sells-graphics-cards-at-msrp-if-you-also-buy-other-components
youtube.com/watch?v=HlUXfQ8PnC4
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313711.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232650
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have achieved absolute ZEN

Godspeed, friend.

>built my threadripper PC flawlessly
>something in the RAM, mobo, or CPU is broken out of the box

I feel like just fucking returning everything and throwing away the case.

>tfw I own an Intel machine
At least my desktop is R7. I love the Surface form factor but I want a Zen tablet so damn much. If someone announces one I'll sell this SP4 and never look back.

>built flawlessly
>something is broken
/0.
Either pull your hands and your head out of your ass, or stop being such an obvious troll.

>I own an Inturd machine
Here you go (wear it at all times, everywhere):

I did it all right, I'm not a fucking newbie. I booted to windows and installed some drivers and updates but there is something physically wrong with my hardware. Still stuck on Haswell because of it.

>there is something physically wrong with my hardware
Then RMA it.

>Stuck on Failswell
So you ARE an Intlelcuck, after all.

>something physically wrong with my hardware
What's wrong with it? You got Windows to boot and everything.

> 11CU
> getting RX 560 performance
yeah right. more like getting beaten by a RX 550 everytime

The problem got worse and worse and now it won't even POST. Code 92.

techpowerup.com/241107/various-amd-ryzen-raven-ridge-models-put-through-3dmark
Keep shitposting now, retard.

>92
That's usually a badly applied BIOS update/CMOS problem. Did you try clearing CMOS by removing battery and putting it back on (or through Clear CMOS button, if any), then flushing back to older BIOS? I heard some particular BIOS updates (I think it was either MSi or Gigabyte, which are TRASH) can downright brick your motherboard.

>won't even POST. Code 92
"Status code 92: 0x92 PCI bus initialization is started". Either try clearing CMOS and resetting BIOS settings or going to previous BIOS if you've updated, or, if the problem persists, then it might be that some devices which you connect to it are unsupported or bugged (this might be an LCD display, webcam and mouse if connected at the same time, or other similar problematic devices). This is a very old problem that's present both on Intel and AMD systems for more than 10 years now. It can also be affecting USB ports, so maybe try plugging your peripherals in different ports. I had this exact same problem on Asus' P8Z77 WS motherboard sometime back and it turned out that some of the USB ports were downright bricked out-of-the-box and gave out this error while hanging the system and infinitely rebooting it each and every time regardless of what was plugged into them, so to "fix" this I had to (luckily) find a set of ports which actually worked on that mobo, by sheer trial and error. This error code usually can be fixed by simply clearing CMOS or resetting BIOS in absolute majority of cases, but sometimes the problem is in connected devices/peripherals and not BIOS or CMOS.

Amada!

>Be me
>Be poor
>Try and get a sidejob after my fulltime shit job
>Hey dude we would pay you some OK cash for 6 minutes of fullhd video of presentations of our product
>The shit has high frequency details and gets aliased to hell and back even if rendered in 4k with 16AA
>The only way to render it is path tracing no realtime options can fight aliasing
>I cant afford the hardware to get paid

I swear I will kill the miners for all my suffering.
They cut me off buying an R9 290 when I wnated to play Witcher
Now they cut me off my career
When somebody caves in your skull with a pipe know it was me.

>Ryzen APUs landing in mids of GPU shortage
Just according to keikaku

Try local brick and mortar stores. My local Microcenter has all their video cards insanely priced. RX580 for $900, 1060s going for $750, etc. But if you're only buying one, they knock it down to MSRP + 75-ish. I could have bought an Asus Strix RX 580 for $340. For anyone who wants more than 3 of any card, microcenter bumps the price to like $2,000 for a single 1080Ti lol.

Also if you're looking to get paid for rendering work, consider a mid range Radeon Pro. (Their firepro replacement) or get a decent Quadro. A Radeon Pro WX3100 is $350 on Newegg. Quadro K2200 for around $400.

>11CUs
Nigga thats probably worse than keepng your ancient 660ti that everybody has.

Any news on those? I'm looking to put a 2200G in my server and I want to build a baby mITX gaming machine with the 2400G. And how do you think the Vega CU's would fair in stuff like OpenCL applications for editing? A 2400G + 8GB of RAM could make for a cheap ametuer photo/video editing PC.
The RX550 has the equivalent of 7-8 CU's. 660Ti a shit.

Supposed release is 2nd week of february, chink sites started posting samples of retail boxes etc

>Radeon Pro WX3100 is $350
>8 COMPUTE UNITS
>512 Stream Processors
>1.25TFLOPS
That is the cuckest GPU that ever existed, it is almost 25% of rx 480 power sold to you for 150% of rx 480 MSRP and the only advantage is some super niche features that only benefit CAD software (still probably worse than my shitty r9 380)

It's better than RX 560, you dumb fuck.

>The RX550 has the equivalent of 7-8 CU's
rx550 is a gpu you could only use for office if your CPu doesnt have an integrated solution or for some home theater pc.

RX 480 has 36 CUs
R9 290 had 44 but ran at much lower clocks while offering a bit more performance.

And this is fucking 8.

It's more about drivers and instruction sets. Same with Nvidia. Why is the top end Quadro $5000+ while their Titan model is the same card on the hardware level for $1200? All about The software/drivers. If you're looking for raw compute power, then yea, you're pretty fucked right now with selection.

Ray tracing rendering is pretty much just compute my shit up senpai.
>Why is the top end Quadro $5000+ while their Titan model is the same card on the hardware level for $1200?
They have locked some super niche features that only benefit some super specific tasks like CAD software and movie production something.

Yea you seem to be confusing the RX550 with something like the old Radeon 5450s or 6450s. You know the low profile passively cooled models?

Pic related. Finding a review for the RX550 was a bit difficult. While I won't argue the RX550 is an amazing card, to say it's only suited to office and HTPC tasks is false. And if this is with the equivalent of 8 CU's, the 11 CU's from the 2400G should put it on par with an RX 560.

So to sum up, the new 2400G/2200G models will be Ryzen based quad cores with RX550/560 levels of performance for their iGPU. And this is somehow a bad thing? There's a reason Intel partnered with AMD to make them their iGPU's.
Sucks man. I remember my buddy had xfire Radeon 6990's back in the day. Their raw compute was unmatched by anything on the market. He used to use it for brute Force cracking and pen testing.

MicroShitter sells video at MSRP only and ONLY if you buy other components, essentially build a system from scratch.

No? Maybe my location has different rules but I asked the manager straight up that if I'm there for the card and the card only to upgrade an existing system, would I be paying sticker price. He said "no. It will be marked down to MSRP + whatever their profit is"

The full system discount he said was for someone who came in for more than 2 cards. They'd sell the cards at the lower price if the person was building an entire PC that day.

RX 560 able to run Guilty Gear Xrd fully maxed with stable constant 60 FPS in 1920x1080. And 2400G has integrated graphics that are at least on par with that (actually better if you add good fast memory and install optimized drivers). Fuck off.

>No?
techpowerup.com/241025/microcenter-sells-graphics-cards-at-msrp-if-you-also-buy-other-components

>two 6990
That's probably better than Vega 64

Maybe that's for online. I can walk into the microcenter by me today and get a card for cheap I know for a fact because I saw several people do so that day.
Than ran hot. They ran loud. But those fuckers were a force to contend with for raw brute power. Sucked for gaming though. I believe he currently has 2x R9 295x2's in xfire with custom liquid blocks. I.e. 4x r9 290X's.

He said he's waiting to see if AMD will make a dual GPU Vega 64 card so he can buy 2 of them.

>Zen APU 2500U (8 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/, same as in 2200G) was already shown to be able to play GTA V with 30~40 FPS in 1920x1080 on low settings,
>First preliminary (raw-as-fuck) tests of Zen APUs are in: 2400G's integrated 11 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/ performs like full-sized discrete RX 560 while on default RAM frequency and no optimized drivers
Source? RX 560 has 16CUs while the 2400G only has 11. That's almost a 50% excess of CUs in the 560.

Your memory theory is sourceless and delusion

>He said he's waiting to see if AMD will make a dual GPU Vega 64 card so he can buy 2 of them.
Why not quad 64s though?

>Two 6990

All that link says is that the 2400G is in between the 550 and 560 (which makes sense because it has 11 CUs, in between the 550 and 560). Yeah, the other retard that you're replying to is just shitposting, but there's nothing in the link to support the OP's outrageous claim that the 2400G will outperform the 560. Remember that he's the retard who was claiming that the 2400G would match an RX 470 (complete stupidity)

Technically it would be quad Vega 64's if each card has 2 GPU's on it. It's just that with 2 dual cards, they take up way less room than 4 independent cards. Plus since he does custom liquid cooling, he'd only have to buy 2 water blocks and backplates for $200 per card. Less hardware all around.

>Source?
youtube.com/watch?v=HlUXfQ8PnC4
A 2500U notebook was compared to GayForce GT 1030 and turned out to be performing roughly on par/slightly better than it in 10+ modern games. Most biggest drop was in Geralt 3, but hey, that's a noVideo-biased GimpWorse title.

As for 2400G, see here .

That's "between 550 and 560" WHILE being memory-starved AND without fresh optemized drivers. Literal sandbagging.

Shut the fuck up, retard. At least you aren't claiming that the 2400G can match the RX 470 anymore

2400G will be less powerful than the 560

You can definitely use a 550 for gaming in non intensive titles. Yeah TW3 won't run well at all but you could play BF1 on low

>A 2500U notebook was compared to GayForce GT 1030 and turned out to be performing roughly on par/slightly better than it in 10+ modern games.
Makes sense because 550 (8 CUs) = 1030 = 2500U (8 CUs)

>As for 2400G, see here .
Yeah, IN BETWEEN the 550 and 560. Doesn't say anything about the 11CU 2400G being better than the 16CU 560.
No source.

>That's "between 550 and 560" WHILE being memory-starved AND without fresh optemized drivers. Literal sandbagging.
Vega drivers might get a little better, but even a 10% gain from drivers won't close the almost 50% gap between the 2400G and 560.

You have no source, only wishful thinking

>you aren't claiming that the 2400G can match the RX 470
It WILL match full sized RX 470 when will be paired with fast RAM and working on optimized drivers, you stupid piece of shit!

>2400G will be less powerful than the 560
It ALREADY matches RX 560, with NO good drivers and NO fast RAM, you fucking IMBECILE.

>Vega drivers might get a little better
>What is AMD's history of making +5% each and every major driver update until at the end a GPU usually gains at least +20% in comparison to it's default day-one performance, most often than not in the end turning out to be quite better than nGreedia's "competing" cards in the same segment? "FINE WINE™? NOP, never heard of it."

20% still doesn't close the ~50% gap between the 2500G and the 560

>It ALREADY matches RX 560, with NO good drivers and NO fast RAM, you fucking IMBECILE
It doesn't, and you have no source.

Nice troll retard. Got me to reply

>you have no source
You were provided with a LITERAL link to TPU and 3DMark, you AUTISTIC COCKSUCKER!

Yeah, and it said that the 2400G is worse than the 560, retard.

It did NOT, you fucking piece of shit! It said it's "between 550 and 560" right NOW, when starved on memory and with no drivers. This is NOT worse than 560, but basically on par with 560, and WILL surpass 560 when going to be paired with very fast RAM and future optimized drivers.

Completely unfounded conjecture, for which you have no source. Again, even if the 2400G got a few percent bump it won't match the 560, which is almost 50% better than the 2400G

You are delusional

Now, 11CU part won't be beating 14/16CU parts with any amount of drivers don't have unrealistic expectations. Still it is pretty much adequate for entry level especially when getting a new computer will do well until discrete GPUs are more affordable.

So realistically how fast is the 2200G? Somewhere around GT 1030?

Slightly better than 1030 already, will be even better with faster RAM and optimized drivers.

Reality check / info

>What is default memory on lowest frequencies and timings
>What is NO DRIVER

>and shitty timings
self-fix

they should put amd on that dell developer laptop.
i would upgrade from my c2d thinkpad on day one.

>what is common sense
You can see that the 2400G is nowhere near the GTX 1050 / RX 560
Not going to change much

That's still pretty sweet. If you compare the price of similar CPU performance (probably an i3 8100) and GPU (slightly above a 1030) the performance per buck is excellent on the 2400G.

>the performance per buck is excellent on the 2400G
For gaming without a dedicated graphics card, there's nothing even close to comparable to the 2200G or 2400G. Lots of people will be happy they can get into PC gaming for almost nothing then add in a graphics card later.

My choice would probably be the 2200G though

>autism = the post

I guess I'll try with only mouse and keyboard plugged in and fully reset back to square 1. I'm using the suggested RAM slots for my 4 sticks but I guess I'll try others if updates don't magically make that one stick light up.

Quit doubling down on stupid

Clearly I'm not, as I'm not sharing your stupidity.

>hurrrrr
Let me remind you You're not fooling anyone

>autism = the shitpost

Professional cards only benefit professional tasks?

Who would've thought.

You're right the last one was a bit autistic in the I'm right your wrong kinda way

Don't die on me yet lad

Exactly something a noob would say. By the way you speak, you sound like an idiot.

Brainlet here whats the diffrence between the Zen APUs and ryzen+?? Which one is better?

The Zen APUs are basically a Ryzen 3 1200 and Ryzen 5 1400 but with an iGPU. Ryzen+ is what's supposed to be the actual improvement in terms of clock speed and IPC if I remember right.

I see so would it be better to get an APU or a ryzen 5 1600 cpu? Building my first desktop ever.

APU if you can't afford graphics cards as they are in the current market, 1600 if you want higher performance.

So the difference between the U and G processors is that the U are laptop APUs and G are Desktop APUs? Is it just a difference of TDP, and with it, compute units?

Why aren't the mods deleting this for spam? You've shitposted the same shitpost daily.

will next gen consoles have ryzen?

base clock/TDP, official memory support (though every am4 desktop non-OEM motherboard will allow you to clock ram up to what it'll take) and in some cases, GPU cores. the 2400G is the only raven ridge SKU that has all 704 cores available

recent kernel releases have made my laptops' fan noisier or stuck and the coil whine is killing me
>time frame fits that intel insecure thing Tbh

NU ZEN QUIET SILENT LAPTOPS WHEN
or i have to build a small factor pc with an apu
god damn noise

>tfw able to run almost dead silent with 1950X on 360mm AIO if just browsing

I keep the case fans on because I like the lights though.

so you manage to boot on on a broke system
you were able to install all the drivers and no warning came out
and you still consider that is broken

maybe its you that is broken? you have been stuck with intel for so long that you dont know the taste of freedom

There's definitely a problem with one of the slots or something. I don't really care now, just running 2 sticks and at CL14 3200. By the time I really NEED 32 gigs there will be new fancy mobos out there.

No, Zen APUs are 2xxxU series for notebooks. 2200G and 2400G are RyZen APUs. Not entirely exactly same thing, as Zen APUs are tiny-ass Raven Ridge processors with 15~45W TDP, while RyZen APUs are literally full sized reworked (single full 4 core CCX instead of 2+2 like before) RyZen 1300 and 1400 with integrated graphics in stead of disabled badly binned cores like before. These are not 12nm as 2xxx are, but still 14nm LP+, so 2200G and 2400G are still just RyZen (albeit being an APU now) and not RyZen+. RyZen+ comes out in late March/early April, 2200G and 2400G are a February 12 release.

>at CL14 3200
Team Group Dark Pro, huh?

Please stop being so wrong. 2400g is raven ridge, the same silicon as the 2700u. The only difference is the socket and on cu has been disabled.

2200/2400G are literally reworked 1300/1400 with video and 2xxxU series were made from scratch, you ass. They're NOT same.

Nope, G.Skill TridentZ RGB.

Didn't know there was another memory out there which able to do 14-14-14 and 3200MHz at the same time on RyZen. Probably downclocked Intel-supposed RAM? Team Group's Dark Pro is technically "RAM for Intel", but it works flawlessly on Zen right out of the box.

The box had a sticker on it mentioning Ryzen. And yeah, all I had to do was select "Profile #1" in the UEFI.

Is it T1, though? Also what is it - Samsung B-die, single ranked? Team Group's Dark Pro is purely B-die, single rank, and it does stable 14/3200 at 1.35V T1. It's this RAM - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313711. Got a 16GB kit (red) for 180$ before RAM prices became totally fucked to shit and then some.

Here's the exact item I bought: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232650

>14-14-14-34 versus my 14-14-14-31
>500+ Illuminati papers
"At least it has MUH AR-GAY-BEES", huh?
And Samsung B-die too, but considering the price this is downright disgustingly overpriced. You can get Dark Pro 2x8GB kit for 230$ right now (which is still overpriced, as I personally saw these going for as low as 162$ at some point, not in Newegg though), making it 460$ for 32GB. That's at least 40$ cheaper than that GaysKill.

Okay.