GPU/Graphics cards problems

A little under two days ago, I installed a driver for my GT 1030 from an Nvidia update for 390.77
and the version before was working fine BUT when I installed the new driver, there's a problem.
See when I connect HDMI to my monitor it displays fine. BUT whenever I try to open an application (ex: Steam, or edge) It just shows me the app is open but isn't displaying it.
Here's what I tried:
-Reinstalled drivers x3
-Installed Old driver from before
-Restarted a bunch of times
(Yes I've called NVidia and ZOTAC tech support told me the same tries and nothing worked.)
Now my question is for you guys is
:Has this happened to you and if it did do you have an answer for this problem?

Also I have uninstalled drivers SEVERAL times and actually hands on took it out of my system and reinstalled it.
-Nothing.

Git Gud m8

go back to 9gag you unfunny slut

Roll back drivers, check the forums for active bug reports, submit your own anyway

Have you tried deleting the drivers altogether and then scanning for hardware changes in device manager?

you could have a phantom screen, check in the screen settings if there is a second one registered.

gr8 b8 m8.
we all know that the great novidia makes great products and those products have no problems.

See that's the problem.I can only see my desktop backround when I open any application. MEANING I can't go into settings and turn it off.

Photographs: of the problem

What happens if you alt tab? Or if you just hover over it to “preview” the window?

Hit Win+RightArrow a few times while the program is "open" and see what happens

As soon as you said that I did try it, However alt tab isn't being displayed, BUT hover is working.

YES IM IN IM TYPING THIS DISPLAYED TO THE CARD WHAT ELSE?

next hit
Win+p
left
enter

Incredible. The card is displaying gas clouds from other regions of the galaxy.

use DDU

kekked

So you've tried rolling back your drivers? Is that what your saying. One of the nvidia updates caused me to not be able to play some games so I rolled back and all was good

I don't get it. What's wrong?

I used to have this issue, for me the computer was unnecessarily creating a second desktop and putting programs there because sometimes I would run dual monitors with my monitor and tv to watch movies, what I had to do to fix it was plug in the PC to the monitor and tv, turn on the TV and monitor, disconnect the HDMI cable going to the tv, and wa la, one desktop again

I'm not sure why it did this, or if it's even your issue, but I figured this may be useful

>edge

We are not you tech support

>gt 1030

Why?

Can't you just right click on desktop. Go to display/screen settings and alternate between screens there? Also nvidia control panel has options too

This. Techpowerup DDU

install gentoo

Yeah I tried that but for some reason it just didn't work right. My problem was I had 1 monitor plugged in, but my PC was acting like it had 2 plugged in, and creating a second desktop. It was pretty annoying

I know this sounds stupid but have you tried unplugging and replugging the monitors? I remember having a issue with my displays Messing with me and I think I found the problem in the end was that in the bios/uefi that I had to chance my primary display from auto or something. Have you checked bios? That might help

Try DDU then reinstall

Huh I'll have to try the bios I never thought of going there for display issues

Are you a poorfag or you just like shitty old gpus?