Why does Sup Forums always constantly bitch at the lack of a native Photoshop ported client for Linux/Distributions...

Why does Sup Forums always constantly bitch at the lack of a native Photoshop ported client for Linux/Distributions? Sure, despite that you can run under it under/through Wine.... Especially with Wine 3.0 there may be better probabilities for better compatibility with more recent and newer Photoshop versions/releases/updates

What could you Linux niggers possibly need/want Photochop on Linux for?
Like, for real Sup Forums... What do you actually need/want it for, and what do you use it for and or do with it?
Unless you're a web designer, "artist", or "graphic artist" there really shouldn't be all that much of a need nor want/demand so fucking bad for an officially ported native Linux port and client for your Linux/Distributions directly from Adobe's asses themselves

inb4 peppers can't draw circles in Gimp memes, you can only beat around the bush with these recycled memes that they eventually got old fast after a good while

If you want it so badly you can run it with wine.

Sup Forums doesn't need the Linux Photoshop.
Sup Forums needs the Linux Fireworks. Good bitmap and vector editing tools in a single package. The application needs to be the Blender of 2d world that will it will spread beyond the meme.

GIMP's interface is complete utter unusable piece of shit.

>Good vector editing tools
Isn't what Inkscape is for? I've never used but heard good things

>vector editing tools
we have tikz.

enable single-window mode

This should've been made default when it was introduced in 2.8. Otherwise people like assume that the ugly ass default is the only option

what is inkscape?

Wine is insecure bloat.
It's the only thing that's not-bad about gimp. It's pretty much cosmetic anyway. Pixelmator pulls it off by default just fine. (so did Photoshop)

>Wine is insecure bloat.
What are you going to secure? Your photoshopped dick pic?

GravitDesigner

I've always used the multi-window mode, how does working on multiple images work with the single mode?

>Wine is insecure bloat.
It's a Windows compatibility layer, what do you expect

>tfw never used Photoshop so I don't have anything to compare Gimp to, even if it's actually worse
Feels good man

tabs at the top

Baby Duck Syndrome; the shitpost.

I've used both GIMP and PS. They have roughly the same features, discounting PS-exclusive stuff.
>if ydk how to make gimp adapt to your old PS workflow, then you have bigger issues

GIMP is awful, krita is the only useful image manipulation software on linux.

I use it pretty often and it's mostly good, however there are a few things that make it more troublesome to use than Illustrator. The tool set is entirely dependent on the svg standard, the dev team will not approve on any feature that isn't there. Because of this some of the more advanced font features will never be supported. The filter system while extensive is way more demanding processing wise, makes it harder to test out various filters. The layering system is all over the place, something that is one window in Illustrator takes two in Inkscape, just an example of how literally the standard is followed. Bitmaps and many vector objects placed on the document really hog performance, even undo actions start to lag after a while. Gradient editing is a pain in the ass.
Inkscape however has much better snapping tool set, allowing to perform in all kinds of situations.
But this isn't the core issue. Inkscape only specializes in vector editing.

>programmatically
There are lots of people who don't need automation.

krita is for painting.
Gimp for image manipulation.

>image processing in javascript

Unlike Affinity Designer, I can manually set guides, at least.

That would be true if gimp was any good and if a painting program wasn't better at image manipulation than it is.

>raster handling in javashit

I don't know how to use a scanning electron microscope, but I don't go around calling it's interface shit.

>Like, for real Sup Forums... What do you actually need/want it for, and what do you use it for and or do with it?
Why should I settle for less? I use Photoshop since I first pirated it when I was 12 and eventually became very proficient. I have little to no incentive to learn something new.

Yeah, let's spend 3 hours googling and hacking together an ugly super reduced illustration that would have taken 3 minutes in Adobe Illustrator or even Inkscape.

Photoshop would need to be a hell of a lot better than it is to make it worth subjecting ones self to using MS Windows.

Baby duck syndrome

In human–computer interaction, baby duck syndrome denotes the tendency for computer users to "imprint" on the first system they learn, then judge other systems by their similarity to that first system.[14] The result is that "users generally prefer systems similar to those they learned on and dislike unfamiliar systems".[15] The issue may present itself relatively early in a computer user's experience, and it has been observed to impede education of students in new software systems or user interfaces.[16]

I draw for a hobby, not a professional artist by any means, but the things Photoshop and other big name programs like clipstudio far out perform gimp in even basic functionality. You cannot use gimp for drawing, if I'm stuck between gimp and literally using crayons to draw on toilet paper, I'd choose the crayons everytime.

According to their roadmap, Krita 4 should be coming soon™ and is supposed to have svg/vector support, among other things.

>They have roughly the same features, discounting PS-exclusive stuff.

>enable single-window mode
Huh, suddenly it's a much better program. Nice.

>gimp
>Still can't draw circles in 2018
Yeah really wonder why people prefer Photoshop

Yeah I just tried it out, you can draw circles but they're horrible aliased shit that requires going through a menu to make if you just want it outlined.

It is not baby duck.
GIMP simply doesn't offer the features. Of course it could do something y'all do in mspaint. If GIMP offers a feature found in more sophisticated editors, it's done in a worse and more time consuming way (i.e. drawing an aliased circle).
>smart objects
>non destructive editing
>vector functionality
>quick selection / refine edge
>layer styles
>good typing
And that's some pleb shit I, as a hobbyist use often.

Nigga, you're terrible at that.

Why does everyone ignore paint.NET? Even photoshop can't compete with it