/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Previous Thread
>Free resources to get started
Get a good understanding of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good introduction (independent of your browser choice)
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - General documentation for HTML, CSS & JavaScript
freecodecamp.com/
codecademy.com/
bento.io/
google.com - It's amazing, you should try it user

>Further resources
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap - Roadmap
youtu.be/Zftx68K-1D4 - Web Development in 2018

>Tools
jsfiddle.net/ - Use this and post a link, if you need help with your code
caniuse.com/ - Check browser support for front-end web technologies

>IRC
#Sup Forumswdg on irc.rizon.net
rizon.net/chat

Other urls found in this thread:

jsbin.com/hokanunuga/edit?js,console
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_Backgrounds_and_Borders/Scaling_background_images#Special_values.3A_.22contain.22_and_.22cover.22
codepen.io/user/pen/OQyLYN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want this thing to count upwards in binary forever, from 2 to 4, to 8, to 16 etc and to the great beyond. But for some reason the value returned is '3'.

jsbin.com/hokanunuga/edit?js,console

Why is this?

var a = 2;
(go = () => {
console.log(a);
a += a;
setTimeout(go, 1000);
})();

>no parameters
>accepts a parameter
might I suggest learning basic syntax before utilizing obsolete practices like IIFE (pronounced "iffy"). In 2018 we use 'let' and ES6 modules for "private" block scope

>In 2018 we use 'let' and ES6 modules for "private" block scope
could care less what we use in 2018.

it works so get fucked

>could care less

absolute madman

@PathVariable vs @RequestParameter
(Spring)
Can someon give me a "For Dummies" version, I'm confused about these two terms.

just google it.

jesus

Post some fucking sweet colors you've found /wdg/

>#af3675

#007fff

>mfw I always get mixed between setTimeout and setInterval and, for a second, thought this was shit code that spawns an interval timing event recursively and ultimately crashes the browser
>but it turns out to be a neat solution

>except for the use of var

Are there really people in 2018 who still think they can do web-programming full time and not be replaced by literal pajeets who will undercut their salary for fractions of what they get paid? Serious question, I'm a software engineer wondering if there are people out there that really believe it's still a profession worth investing time into.

With the RequestParam annotation a parameter of a method directly connected to the request parameter of an url.

academiadecodigo.org/masters?username=audrey

We can use @RequestParam("username") to get the name of an academy master.

With the PathVariable annotation we have a parameter of a method bounded to a variable in the URL.
For example in an url of the form:

academiadecodigo.org/masters/{username}

We can use @PathVariable("username") to get the name of an academy master.

toughts?

So if I understand correctly a data scraper is just a script that reads an HTML page and gets only certain information that you want? That's it?

yup

Is using Dreamweaver fine for the real time viewing feature? Just been fiddling with it at my college

that replacement is only at the low level. pajeets can't handle tricky custom stuff

Pls help. This scrollbar track is transparent. The image is big enough to be underneath the scrollbar. Why is it not rendering underneath the scrollbar?

How "creative" do you need to be to get into web development? It's something I really want to do, as it seems relatively easy and pays decent, but I consider myself a brick when it comes to thinking outside the box, or being unique.

you need to be able to solve problems of every nature.

Is this something most people will learn while doing projects early on? I'm pretty clueless but this is really the only thing I've put some amount of effort into in my life.

How to structure React+Redux code: folder by type or folder by feature? What's better and what's popular?

how difficult will it be to code up a simple personal website using Java technologies? JSP / Servlets, etc...

I want a bare bones type of deal. Picture + links to resume, projects, etc... + blog posts. I don't even need JS do I? I figure this serves two purposes: personal website stands out a little to recruiters, and it shows that I at least know very basic web development in Java.

>tfw company doesn't reply to my follow up email after interviewing with them for a month

It's been two weeks since my on-site. I haven't felt this shitty in a long time.

It's very easy with SpringMVC, but you need JS to make AJAX requests.

bampu

Here's how I structure mine:

./build/
./src/
./src/App.js
./src/pages/Home.js(x)
./src/components/SearchBar.js
./src/redux/index.js (root reducer)
./src/redux/{reducer}/reducer.js
./src/redux/{reducer}/constants.js
./src/redux/{reducer}/actions.js
./src/redux/{reducer}/sagas.js (if you use redux saga)
./src/redux/{reducer}/types.js (exported typings for typescript or flow)
./index.js
./package.json

I got my job because an out source team of Hungarians couldn’t make a better website than me. Boy where they salty about it

It’s ok, a company called me 2 months after a bunch of interviews and a test to offer me a job, but in that time I had already found another job and declined them, they seemed a little shocked

I'm literally tearing my fucking hair out right now.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_Backgrounds_and_Borders/Scaling_background_images#Special_values.3A_.22contain.22_and_.22cover.22
>The cover value specifies that the background image should be sized so that it is as small as possible while ensuring that both dimensions are greater than or equal to the corresponding size of the container.
>pic related, all that bg color
wat
codepen.io/user/pen/OQyLYN
Send fucking help.

Outsourcing to pajeets is a meme. I interviewed for one company recently, they were an agency who built custom apps and websites for clients. They told me one time they got an order that was way too much work, so they decided to take the money and give it to a bunch of pajeets to do. Of course, pajeets fucked up EVERYTHING, delivering late and a barely functional mess of code. After several back-and-forths they got the app to work, the customer was barely satisfied, but the agency is fucked because the contract entailed delivery of product and 3-4 years of maintenance and support. The guy in charge of that project still to this day spends half his week dealing with these pajeets, trying to get them to patch up all the bugs that keep springing up. Lesson learned, they've never dealt with pajeets again.

How long would it take to go from zero skill to being employable?

learn ES6 and learn it well

Does anyone know of any good Githubs with some examples of good generic trendy web design templates, examples of responsive design, etc. Like a generic web dev portfolio I can look through?

this.

Any of ya'll have experience with Craft CMS?

it literally doesn't work.

>increasingly nervous CS undergrad who cant learn new things realizes web dev is swallowing application development

I'm going to be out of town with some friends for a week, no computer, and I sleep a lot less than them.

What can I print, web dev related, to get some profit from my owl hours?

>No computer
>Print

Wut

>No computer
>Print before traveling
>Brint it with me

Oh. Idk man everything you need you can find on your phone nowadays. Look up JS tutorials and download JS apps