So what is your guys thoughts on the Amazon go store they opened up in Seattle?

So what is your guys thoughts on the Amazon go store they opened up in Seattle?

90% meme 10% test platform for new ways to botnet your ass.

One step further to total surveillance.

100% botnet

but at least it's pushing us farther towards tech unemploymwnt

First store in the area I've been in and didn't see a single Hispanic or African American person.

amazon pokemon go xDd

One step closer to Amazon killing any form of retail commerce on planet earth and becoming the only place where you can buy things.

Which is Benzo's plan. He basically wants to own the planet, including you.

Some REALLY SCARY shit going on...
Orwellian tier scary stuff.

I have no big problems with this. I think it is a great idea. Since I live nearby I should give it a try. This is the future of buying shit. No more waiting in long lines at the grocery store or retail store. I would love to be able to buy stuff quickly without having to wait in line.

The downside is that other stores might follow suit, remove cashiers, leading to less jobs, but that will give people a option to work elsewhere for more money. This might give people the incentive to get their GED's and go work somewhere else, which is not a bad thing, just wanted to mention it. Also, the technology isn't perfect, so someone can in theory shoplift and not get caught. This could also lead to people needing RFID chips implanted into their bodies, which seems very weird, but it would probably lead to that in the future.

Its a nice idea, but like most things in retail, it simply will not work out in the real world in a retail store in real america.

It's creepy.

Been nigged yet?

pretty much, the only way to survive (for now) is having merchandise which amazon can't get

quick rundown on what this is supposed to do? i'm also guessing it uses the app in your phone to track weather or not you were in the store and won't be available for people who don't have the app.

Or there wont be as many people :)

We just had the self checkout thread now this. Technology is moving faster or i'm getting slower.

"Excuse me. I pulled out my back last night at the gym. Could you grab that thing up up on the top shelf for me?"

>who gets charged?

supermarkets already have self checkout. Hell past 8 or 9 oclock all the cashiers are gone at my store and you can only use the machines to checkout until 12:00am. There's like one dude there.

>who gets charged. You get charged when you leave the building. You go past a scanner (I think) that then bills your shit. Put everything in a grocery tote bag and walk out the building. Amazon has said if you are accidentally charged twice for an item, you can tick it off your bill. This could lead to shitheads that buy shit on purpose and leave without paying. What could happen is that since it tracks how long you are shopping it could sync up with the cameras and timestamp when you are near a camera so people can review footage and see when you picked up a certain item to make sure it was an error.

How racist of it. (The store?...)

I dunno, I would love to have all stores work similar to that. The last thing I want to do is:

Talk to a cashier to pay for my stuff.
Wait in lines.
Use glitchy self checkout machines / software.
The list of shit I don't like about current retail stores goes on and on. And the tracking and privacy concerns for the normal stores are just as bad... so I'm not worried.

I welcome the 'new way' of having a store.

It doesn't update your cart as you shop? the promotional video suggests that.
yes, I'm nitpicking at some After Effects BS.

I think it updates when you put it in the cart, but I've think I've seen people just put them in bags and walked out, I don't know. All I know is that when you leave the store is when you get charged.

it does, but it finalizes it when you leave the store
>shitheads that buy shit on purpose and leave without paying
the whole idea is that a computer will analyze the data from the few hundred cameras in the ceiling, along with weight sensors in the shelves to flag what happens and when
amazon has already stated they have a staff that will assist the computer when it isn't confident with its decisions
and as you are required to have an amazon account with a valid credit card on file, if you are caught attempting to steal they will just charge you and/or blacklist you

It is to happen, as actually smart people say, like All agrees with this post, as is all doom futures.

could not give a shit, would never use

>would never use
The concensus says that you are inevitably will be forced to use it in the future if you need to buy anything. The whole thread knows this and is very scared.

Fuck going TO the store. I want it all delivered to me. No monkeys in the checkout line that way.

However this store has the advantage of low dindu customer numbers since bottom feeders often don't have bank accounts.

Not scared because not autspergic.

The Linux tech tip guy stole tampons from it.

it's ironic that people in seattle are all for human rights and increasing min.wage and then let them open PureEvil: the store

open this up in the hood

you have to be a tranny nu male soyboy hillary clinton loving faggot to get in, so idk

I must be missing something, what's so bad about it?

did you ever see the shopping mall in minority report?

don't recall, no

What's wrong with the concept? It basically saves 50% of the time you spend at the store by elimiating the checkout process. If went to my local grocery store and walked in, grabbed the shit I needed, and walked out I could be in and out in like 10 minutes. As it stands, I have to spend an extra 10 to 15 minutes (or longer if there's a line) because they have to scan each item, bag each item, and wait for the payment verification to go through.

It would be impossible to rob because 1: cameras and modern technology would pinpoint who stole what and where that item was taken out of the store, even if they wore masks and 2: to even get in the store, you have to go through large metal turnstyles/doors that only unlock if you have an Amazon Go app/account on your phone.

>2: to even get in the store, you have to go through large metal turnstyles/doors that only unlock if you have an Amazon Go app/account on your phone
they're no bigger than the ones that people regularly hop over in other paying venues

Pointless as a concept and over engineered in execution. Hundreds of cameras, ridiculous computational resources, weight sensors in the shelves, other nonsense. It's like a serious version of the Grand Tour's moving highway petrol station. What is it for, to save a couple of minutes by avoiding the self scan kiosks? Also, they're an e-commerce company. Why are they messing around with the very brick and mortar crap they're trying to replace. Perfect drone delivery and make the entire concept of a store obsolete.

this is just the goyim tax

>no cashiers!
>still need to hire security
>still need people stocking merchandise and checking IDs
You know what, why not open up a cashier to accept cash and ring you up so you don't feel like you're stealing?

This is so fucking stupid.
This will never take off, putting shit in your bag and walking out of the store runs counter to all the societal programming ingrained into you since birth.

they need even more people than regular stores because of all the extra technology and shit involved. Stores have already been getting rid of their cashiers for a long ass time

>remove cashiers, leading to less jobs, but that will give people a option to work elsewhere for more money.

Your theory is that people in retail could get higher paying jobs elsewhere, but instead they volunteer to work retail because someone has to?

>Pointless as a concept and over engineered in execution. Hundreds of cameras, ridiculous computational resources, weight sensors in the shelves, other nonsense.
So it's awesome and going to make billions?

It was a good concept but not a game changer.
Coming from amazon, I think if they wanted to cut out cashiers, they should have gone for an automated storage room. Basically you walk up to an ATM-like machine, with a screen and a QR scanner, you do your groceries on your phone on the app, go by the store, let it scan your phone, your order has been put together by robotic arms and a conveyorr belt.
No security needed. Just people re stocking and making sandwhiches.
But no, they did a shitty store without cashiers.

also, to be clear, the ATMs would be on the outside of the building, just like a bank's atm or a drive through window.

I've already done groceries online but it's not quite the same thing as going to a store and looking at the products.

It's pretty much just a calculated publicity stunt to make amazon look hip and cutting-edge, but don't expect one to be opening up in your city any time soon because it's certainly not cost-effective. Do you have any idea how cheap service workers are?

>programming ingrained into you since birth.
found the pleb

Natural selection

NOO MUH CASHIERS NEED MONEY FOR DOING ONE OF THE MOST AUTISTIC JOBS EVER
AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT MUH NIGGERS, UNLESS YOU ARE A NAZI BIGOT IN THE CURRENT YEAR+10^2 YOU'D LET THEM STEAL ALL YOUR STUFF I MEAN IT'S THEIR CULTURE AND YOU SHOULD RESPECT THAT AND SHOULDN'T COMMENT UNLESS YOU TOO TRIED IT

>need food
>store is closed because internet is out
>can't pay with cash
>starve to death

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..….

>year 2050
>all stores work on this model
>I AM SORRY HUMAN, YOU MUST SUBMIT TO RFID TAGGING BEFORE CHECKING OUT
>PLEASE CHECK IN AT THE RFID TAGGING STATION BY THE PHARMACY, WHERE YOU MAY SUBMIT TO TAGGING FOR $10.99
>WHILE YOU ARE THERE, WHY NOT SUBMIT TO YOUR COMPLIMENTARY FLU SHOT

A bunch of Tyrones and their niggermonkey friends will eventually inevitably rob them in no time

>not farming and hunting his own food in the current year of our Lord
100% deserved

Natural selection is not applicable to economics. We theoretically can control economics as well as society as a whole, whether you agree with the ethics of exercising said control or not

Correct.

>
>
>Natural selection

you realize Darwin was depressed because be realized he helped kill God right?

So wait, what happens if someone brings their kid to go shopping with them? Do items the kid picks up get flagged as stolen when they leave? What about couples shopping together, how can they have only one of them pay the bill?

>> late stage capitalism
>> it's scary
>> US government isn't even funding tech initiatives for mass education nor literacy while China and Russia are getting ready to 69 because it's prom night
>> US democracy is dysfunctional if it becomes identical in function and tone as spectator sports

I think Amazon and Google are reaching towards their own demise. Companies are bubbles. Ain't no thing lasts forever and it's not like they're doing this in a vacuum.....

Hi I live down the block from this monstrosity

can confirm it is 100% botnet