netrunner when? what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunner.com/netrunner-core/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tox_(protocol)
gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/blob/master/doc/ntrml.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll make the logo

This is what happened.

Kek yup. Everyone wanted to make the logo because Sup Forums can't into programming.

The devs are still up in IRC and wont post until next feature release.

This, if you actually pay attention to netrunner threads this has been stated multiple times recently, once by them.

>still deluded about "Sup Forums will make muh browser"
You guys...

Why don't we just use OP's whole img as the logo like spergs and just make this thing happen.

Are you the mythical chrome shill or something?

I literally don't care at all if it ever gets finished, I just think it's neat it's still being worked on.

There are like 4 devs now, I think is an improvement.

We're still alive and kicking.

Work on a new parser is coming.

Work on the JS engine continues.

Some work on thread has begun.

Stay tuned or get involved.

I love you guys, we believe in you!

still alive, going to create a special branch for that on my end
>also looking at msvcp140 for other clues
>#include

any way for non-devs to get involved?

Yes. We need themes and help making videos and getting the word out.

This is so true. Almost more than half of Sup Forums loves to penis rub about their tech knowledge but when it comes to actually create something, they all go to vacations

I wouldn't call shitposting on IRC and fapping to furry images all day working but whatever I guess

ok just got the JS engine to the point where the HTML parser is failing because of "

anyone do the logo? nvm I'll just do it myself..

netrunner.com/netrunner-core/

it's done already, and it's pretty good

>22307 tests in 681ms
wtf that's pretty fast

>including boost
Project now officially dead.

Also what happened to Tox and gTorrent. Two other products that completely failed at their objectives.

>A year plus later and the thing still doesn't have any semblance of a functioning UI
Embarrassing.

Tox is still being developed. I mean, there are 7-8 different clients for it.

So far I haven't seen much progress so I can't really be arsed to make any threads, however if I do I'll be more motivated to make them
t. Created most of the Netrunner threads because no one else did

Yet it completely failed to be a Skype replacement, which was its singular stated goal.

>failed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tox_(protocol)

ok that was easier than I thought. No HTML tags larger than 10 chars. Committed up the current work, should compile on Linux better now.

Now dealing with an actual javascript execution bug. Generic variable "elem" is supposed to be an object but it's a string of "script[nonce]'", so got to continue working on this parser.

I thought I'd get bored with the JS parser in January but recent progress has me motivated to continue it a bit further.

Welcome to the real world! Anyone can talk the talk, but you need commitment, dedication and hard work to actually accomplish anything. I wouldn't trust a Sup Forumsentleman with anything more than to format and install windows. Even that I'd prefer to leave instructions to my grandma than to deal with their autism.

Why did the team choose to create a completely new implementation?

Are you asking about javascript or layout engine?

Good luck with pages including custom elements.

so glad there's people with common sense that doesn't seem to smell like urine and sperm stains

It's hard to be enthusiastic about reinventing the wheel

It's not 2005 anymore, Skype isn't used so making a replacement for it is impossible. Also, there are plenty of better IM/VOIP/social/desktop-share clients than Skype.

Remember, this looks kewl, but TurboPascal could compile 50000 lines of average code in a second. On a DOS machine that had the nanofraction of the power.

Even more so about web browsers that are inherently cancerous.

I made it clear that it was a private build. odili is using C++11 thread, and I need something to work around mingw-w64 deliberate lack of such a thing (without pthread)

Which JS engine are you using?

>what happened?
Firefox Quantum happened.

Are themes just CSS files, basically? Also, who do we talk to if we want to help with videos?

Not when you consider the alternatives.

Exactly.

It's custom, the entire browser is.

What do you mean?
They made the logo, what else is there to do?

>the absolute state of /g

bump. Finally managed to get it compiled/working after feeling like a retard, and the thing is pretty cool.

>discord

Well I should have guessed it would be botnet.

>irc.rizon.net:6667/#Sup Forumsnetrunner

>whole browser from scratch
sorry to disappoint you but you won't make it. It's too much work, you don't even have gui yet

>2017-09-13_17-19-07
s-sad!

Read the thread newfag. There is a gui already. It has tabs and a urlbar. Not much, but a gui is the least of the concerns.

gay

While this looks nice, if this is the actual logo then no one is gonna take it seriously once they realize the origin

This one is the best subtle yet still moonman

Not CSS. NTRML a take on HTML
gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/blob/master/doc/ntrml.txt

Making images right now is somewhat a pain tho. You have to make 32bit PNGs and convert them.

God, I forgot I need to work on the word wrapping.

it's not the logo. Though any one is free to fork it and brand it however they want.

>Read the thread newfag.

fuck you I ain't reading shit, I am here to shitpost until I gety perma banned

fuck you niggers

Ah, OK. Thanks. That doesn't seem like an impossible pain. :)

What about the videos? Should I get on Discord/IRC?

Yea, we just need to show it in use. Just reading some of the document we have typed up, like what Netrunner is. How people can help. How it works. Just things we can post on social media and our youtube (which has been continuing to grow, even without new videos).

IRC and Discord are definitely the best ways to connect.

Alright, thanks. I think I can help with that.

I like your take on publicity, many projects don't know how to spread the word but you guys seem to thought on that.

Yes, projects need to communicate. And our success is dependent upon

1. People knowing about us
2. People using our product
3. People talking about us
4. People giving us feedback
6. People helping us

Just sitting on a git repo doesn't do much. We need a strong community for us to compete.

Count me in. All other browsers are slowly dying from bad design choices but yours has a good design policy for what I can tell.

web browsers are complicated as fuck to make. just use emacs if you don't want Google or firefox

Reddit user detected.

Count me in bro, just let us know when you need.

>discord

Just committed up more work on the Javascript engine.

Thanks guys!

There's also IRC for the ppl that don't like discord. Both are linked, so you can post to the conversation from either.

nice. i'll also take a look into that insane flickering reeeeeee

all right, nt port is updated, CI will be updated shortly

now that's what I call gentoo!

that's one trippy image

If that was a job, I'd finally have a career plan