You have 21.9 seconds to explain why you don't use an ultrawide

You have 21.9 seconds to explain why you don't use an ultrawide.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0YW_jftDJoE?t=118
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's gay.

It's for faggots.

Im already ultrawide

I'm straight

and own a pair of 27" monitors already

I'll accept a nice curved ultrawide.

I'm concerned about pillarboxed videos.

>watch a movie originally filmed in 21:9
>it's been encoded to 16:9 so the horizontal black bars are baked into the video
>so not only do you get the pillarboxing that comes with a watching a 16:9 video on a 21:9 screen, you also get letterboxing as well

>he fell for the ultra wide meme

oh no nO NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This might be one of the worst technocrimes in human existence. Even worse that the "black" letterboxing is, of course, not the same black as the pillarboxing.

use a proper video player with aspect ratio cropping feature

add a third and it would be perfect

and get this youtu.be/0YW_jftDJoE?t=118

I don't like 21:9 but most good media players will have an aspect ratio switch to allow you to take 21:9 baked into a 16:9 monitor and display it full screen, but that does go through scaling so loses some IQ.

Im planning to get that same LG ultrawide, but the one that is 29 inches.

Because "wide" actually means narrow and you are paying for inferior cut down 4k panels with less pixels in it.

They probably make them out of 4k TVs with defects by cutting off the defective part and selling you for a premium because you're dumb

fuck whoever is responsible for this

Does your momma's ass count?

I only understand Laptops.

Acer is about to release the 2700U Ryzen.

I don't like wires and I don't care for maximum FPS.

I like Freesync in those nicer DVI capable screens.

why would i want a monitor that just cuts off the top and bottom 1/3

use a normal 16:9 monitor with the same horizontal resolution and it'll be far better

no need for a third one unless it's hooked up to another pc

been thinking about switching from side by side layout to over/under though, might suit my workflow a bit better as i'm generally focused on one with a few lower-priority things scattered about on the second screen

would also trigger my autism less if i have mismatched sizes due to fagging it up with ultrawide or adding a 32" 4k unit

Why would I watch movies on the computer?

Because there will never be another 21:9 TV.

Because am poorfag

I don't watch movies on my monitor.

I have a 29" LG ultrawide, and it's fucking fantastic for gaming and films. The only downsides are I watch a lot of older movies and TV shows that were filmed in 4:3 so it's pillarboxing galore, but this means I can multitask and read forums while I watch All in the Family in side by side windows so it's all good.

Viewing modern websites can kind of suck sometimes, stuff like Sup Forums is left-oriented so the actual content takes up hardly any of my screen leading to tons of wasted space, and since modern websites are designed for fags using smartphones they are center aligned and extremely thin, plus I very aggresively adblock, meaning there is a column of content in between two giant seas of white space on a lot of websites.

All in all it is totally worth it. Being able to watch films without letterboxing or play games with extra viewable space is much more immersive than 16:9. You can even go full retard and use one in TATE mode and have an entire fucking Sup Forums thread on one screen.

>Moooom I NEED to spend this money on this monitor, otherwise how will I ever become a professional gamer?!?! XD

i use 29 LG ultrawide to watch mobies and Syncmaster 206bw to watch 4chin. Based setup i must say.

Tried it out, hated it

Why would I want a monitor that cuts off the left and right 1/3? Just use an ultrawide with the same vertical resolution and it'll be far better.

didn't torrent madoka magica yet

no moni

I was going to buy one with my tax returns but I don't have enough money left over after my other purchases

>21:9 TV
>apparently sold at around 58" diagonally
>I could the same sized image from letterboxing a 65" 16:9 TV
>16:9 TV is now also 4k resolution

Because I use 40" 4K monitor (along with two portrait displays in a PLP setup).

I do things other than watch 21:9 movies.

Too expensive and not worth it

I have a 27" 16:9 4K screen that's about 13.2" tall and 23.5" wide.
>1600p 21:9 screen of the same width: less screen area
>1600p 21:9 screen of the same height: lower pixel density
>2160p 21:9 screen of the same height: now even 4K movies have to be upscaled
Not to mention that some movies, like The Dark Knight Rises, switch between 21:9 and 16:9, so I would have to deal with both letterboxing and pillarboxing for most of the movie. Having said that, I would probably get a secondary 27" 16:9 equivalent 5120x2160 screen for gayming if I had tons of money.

Bought a p348q, send it back immidiately because of absolutely fucked up backlight bleeding. Waiting for lg to release their new ultrawides now.

But I already do.
Never going back to 16:9.

Use VLC next time. Video->Crop->21:9.

Holy fuck dude, use your monitor's zoom features.

Any 21:9 monitor that doesn't have the option to zoom in on content like that shouldn't exist.

I frequently like to watch TV/movies/YouTube while I'm playing a game

I don't want to have to deal with a window manger to try and replicate the effect of having multiple windows open across two monitors.

Those are pretty much enough for me to discount it

what kind of fucking idiot would set up premiere like this

In mpv use w or e, or whatever you have the panscan settings assigned to.

i dont need it

Who fuckin' needs 21x9 when there's VR

Low quality baito desune
16:9 or even 4:3 is better for mlg pros as there is less to see, less stuff to scan and heads are bigger plus higher refreshrate, fps and lowest latency possible

4:3 has a much more intimate and cozy feel and keeps everything close at hand.

>be me
>want to buy the shittiest, cheapest IPS 1440p 27+" monitor on the market
>search literally everywhere
>mfw 4k monitors cheaper than the 1440p ones
>the_fuck.gif
>find a black friday deal, 28", 4k, exactly $250
>not even 249.99 or some shit, honestly $250
>too good of a deal to pass, go to the store immediately
>one on the shelf, shitty store clerk isn't so shitty after all and shows me a couple dead pixels
>says he got one more in the back tho, no problem
>he takes it out of the box
>display all kinds of fucked up, lines everywhere, stutter, weird colors
>"H-huh..."
>desperately tries to fix it
>can't
>calls up other stores in the franchise
>finds up there's a couple left in another one
>go there
>all seem fine
>buy one
>TN
>doesn't look TN at all, has very good angles for a TN and I can look at it from pretty much any angle
>very bright, no problem even in daylight
>no issues at all
>fast-forward 2 months
>my neck and eyes hurt too much from getting close/squiting to read, scaled everything up to 150% (equivalent to 1440p)

All in all I think I got a pretty good deal. All 1440p monitors where $400+ like I said.

Going back to 16:9 after using 21:9 for so long feels cramped as fuck, it's probably like going back to 4:3 for a 16:9 user.

That's not how aspect ratio works dumbass, you see the same shit on a 4:3 screen as a 21:9 except the 21:9 has a much wider peripheral vision.

What's wrong with it?

Because 16:10 is the superior video format.

When the hell did this happen? Basic IPS 1440p 27" 96-120hz monitors have been $200 for years. Nice ones are $300.

except that it's completely depends on how the game you are playing is designed you crackhead

I'm thinking about buying one with my tax return

That is assuming you have the same vertical height between monitors and that the game's FOV settings work well with 21:9 monitors; also, you'd better hope the game has a 21:9 compatibility patch or all of your relevant information (map, health bar, whatever the hell is in the relevant game) is all off in your peripheral vision and you have to keep taking your eyes away from the center to check them

Enjoy low-res

i use one back home but i completely defeated the purpose of it and use it as a vertical smart mirror

because its basically a really wide 15" screen and that sucks if you like reading without scrolling until your fingers hurt.

yuropoor, food & rent are cheap, anything imported is overpriced as fuck

i'll buy a 4k monitor

I do tho

I do, this
is my monitor. It's breddy good although I'd like 75hz and freesync

Because I want dual screens for multitasking with a fullscreen app and don't want to have 180° of screens in front of me

I'd be willing to take a 34-35" flat 100hz+ ips (possibly va) with at least native 8 bit and color accuracy on par with Dell Ultrasharps. But I guess that doesn't exist.

from my experience if you're using windows with scaling anything thats not 2x or 3x looks blurry and gives me eye strain

garbage overhyped western technology

I'm too picky about monitors and haven't upgraded in years. There's some 200hz 35" VA ultrawides with FALD coming later this year that might tempt me, but they'll undoubtedly be stupid expensive.

Because I only use 4:3 and see no reason to change.

I do and you know what, I'd rather have a 2K monitor than this 2560x1080 monitor. I rarely watch movies, I rarely use all the space.

who the fuck wants a monitor that has

terrible quality control
awful frame rate
awful colors
high power consumption
curved
and much more garbage?

ultrawide = a big fucking meme that idiots believe is good

Literally none of those are specific to ultrawides.

Ultrawide is not wide enough.

I have multiple monitors that exceed even the biggest ultrawide's horizontal size.
I would need ultraultrawide.

you are a subhuman piece of shit because you are a liar, and a terrible one at that

ALMOST EVERY ULTRAWIDE MONITORS ARE CURVED you fucking idiot, not even going to prove rest of my points because then you'd ask me to prove the earth is round, you delusional fuckface

This is specific to just about every IPS monitor out there not made by Dell.

Even then, Dell's monitors suffer from backlight bleed.

Mine is not. DEBUNKED

dell monitors suffer from high power consumption and they also add curved gimmicks

Which brand has the best monitors?

>inb4 SAMSUNG or LG

I don't play video games.

2:1 is the berfecd radio :D

I've been using one for over two years now, since before they became a meme really. I like it, it's basically having a wider 1440p monitor.

i do and its great

>ppi per dollar ratio
>anime and youtube videos filled with black bars all the time

that's it basically

unironically dell

I D O N ' T N E E D A W I D E M O N I T O R

I already have 3 25" monitors, why would I need another one? Also I dont suck cock.

Because I don't watch movies on my PC and not enough applications/websites take advantage of that aspect ratio.

Also, I doubt it'll ever go mainstream. Too many displays are 16:9, there's most push towards 2:3, and vertical media is unfortunately common.

niche market. value for the money. dual monitor is superior.

I rarely watch movies so I'm not bothered often by horizontal blackbars.
I'll tell you more. 16:10 gave me more vertical space and I love those extra pixels

because i dont have two lazy eyes which point to the sides instead of forward

Did have but sent it back for 165hz 1440p instead, miss watching movies on it though

I only own a widescreen monitor and I am currently satisfied

what monitor did you replace it with? 165hz 1440p isp?

I'm not some kind of nigger

What keyboard is that?