cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-X5450-vs-Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9650
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*Carries on walking*

hue

Bad news anons

Good luck! I'm behind 2 Sticks of Ram

that's good but remember that human eye can't see beyond 4 GB of ram

I still have a Q6600 system running 32 bit vista for some normies

At least you're not rangebanned ok a daily basis on your third post.

Every day, I can make 3 posts before my ISP gets banned. This is why I'm refusing to buy a pass, because I'll be fucked if I give them my card details

2gb ram 64bit ?

*Twins push past you with a scoff*

let me guess....

>Teleports behind you
Nothing personal kid

*hugs ur FBDIMMs close*

"they say I'm twice the CPU you are..."

*personnel

how does a tiny cpu block your path?
are you an ant or something???

see
>that's a big CPU
>3.00u

Actually using one right now for work

greetings fellow redditors

4U

I still use an old Q9650
It doesn't seem that the X5450 performance is significantly better, perhaps even worse
cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-X5450-vs-Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9650

OC'd 1700 will do 4.0ghz. 1800x is for top goyim.

I upgraded from a Q6600 to an i7-5820k What a day that was.

I'm running on a >10 years old system now. With 8GB ddr2.

I don't even think i will get anything out of a xeon, i'm already running this thing at 3.8GHz.

i was due to upgrade in the past months... but these prices for ram and gpus are stupid, plus i can play everything still at 1080p with my r9 270x (and i can't see any decent game in the horizon).

Honestly, i can't see when a new rig will come.

So, My platform is ancient (ddr2, usb 2.0 and pci-e 1.1)
My cpu is at max and there is nothing to upgrade.

What i can do is buying a 1060 6gb, second handed, in the next 12 months... or a 970 3.5GB (but really 3.5GB in 2018?).
But i really don't know what to do.

And the money in on my bank account keep rising.

What mobo, what PSU, what heatsink. What ram and what GPU. Plase state
Thanks.

>And the money in on my bank account keep rising.
???

I had shittier situation like yours
Q9400 at 3.2GHz only because shitty mobo without pcie locks and 2 dimm slots so only 4gb ram max. Now i have ryzen 1600 at 4ghz

>mfw my Threadripper replaced my dual E5440 Xeon rig

Good times, I've saved it for possible dedicated server use, specs

>2x E5440 2.8/12/1600 on Tt copper coolers
>Powercolor 5850HD 1gb Radeon
>32gb FB-DDR2
>Intel S5000PSL board
>640gb boot
>SAS card, no drive atm they made it into my Threadripper
>1000w PSU

On the Powercolor setup it hurt a lot of feelings in CS Source and HL2DM, those were the days, my return to FPS. I slapped in an R9 295x 4gb and saw a 20fps increase in Source so I knew I was at the limits of my CPUs so I built the TR4 setup.

I have money because i don't throw them away with stupidly expensive rigs. But the more the money rise, the more i feel tempted to... throw them away anyway.

Jesus, i want 8 threads, i want hardware encryption, i want a 1440p or at least an ultra-wide 1080p.

And i want a gigabit ethernet (my VDSL is FATER than my ethernet port. How fucking stupid is that!?)

Throw in the trash

Have an old Q6600 with 8GB RAM with a GTX750. 256GB SSD with a 4TB WD Black. Running Linux Mint Mate 18.3 on it. Runs smooth as fuck.

you sound like the biggest fucking pleb in existence even broke ass Ukrainians have a better rig than that

*Opens dolphin Emulator*

Don't know. Doubt.

this

*blocks your upgrade*

?

sup bro

asus p5q rev 1.03g
evga 80+ gold 650w (overboard i know)
coolermaster hyper 212+ evo
8gb ddr2 1066 (tried it with other types and still works fine)
1050ti

Best $5 processor on the (ebay) market.

Whats the best method for overclocking ryzen to max without going into a dangerous area

The performance of new generation processors HAS to be exaggerated or the benchmarks are focused only on what new processors excel at because quite frankly a Q6600 with everything upgraded to modern specs (RAM, SSD, etc) outperforms those newer Pentium dual cores in my real world experiences. Even worse is how much laptop CPU scores are exaggerated.

Does that thing works on any mobo that supports Core2Quads?

Idk about you, but I definitely use my ram.

hue

Should upgrade to an... E8700....

*blocks your designated shitting street*

*kills you all because glow in the dark

I have the exact same build except for my RX470.

Honestly it's still quite capable. Only derpshit unoptimised games like mankind divided create problems.

*rips your threads*

>cpuboss
how can you be this retarded
get off Sup Forums

hello there

Do I have CPU problem or Mobo? The only way my PC will post is if I put an old ram stick in and change bios settings for my actual ram, then I can put my ram in and it's fine. So both times I've tried to OC, it has failed as soon as I reset bios. I just want my i7 920 to be faster buds, what to do??

Good goy!

Yeah, but you can use shitloads of cheap ECC RAM.

Hello everyone

plebs

fk off just9n

i'm still using the desktop I built in 2007, with some shit 2.3ghz core2duo that I overlocked to 2.8. I've actually bought a Q9500 but I can't even be bothered to install it because taking the cpu cooler off and reapplying thermal paste etc is such a hassle

You can always upgrade your display(s), which are the most important part of a pleasurable computing experience. Then when the GPU nonsense is sorted you can upgrade mobo/CPU/GPU/RAM/PSU.

i7 920/20GB here.

oohh did daddy assrape you again?

what is the point of this thread? I still have a q6600 sitting around here.

No, because even boards that support Q6600 wont necessarily support FSB 1333. There are lists online that say what boards work with Xeons.

and even if it doesn't support that fsb if you stuck it in there it would still work.

I rocked a Q6600 till last year when I finally upgraded my PC. 10 years strong.

>teleports behind you
more like
>shipped in third class mail, tossed onto a barge, and begrudgingly stuffed into your mailbox

Apples-to-oranges comparisons is what makes PC-building communities retarded.

I wouldn't do that, I am running on a heavy construction machine. I'll try to brake so that the honorable veteran can step aside but this thing really makes holes into stuff that is in its path.

Much thrusting forcefully.

Ryzen 1800X actually kills e5-2670 you know.
They were great second hand CPUs before that (when Intel skimped on MT performance), but now when you add in the cost ox x79 motherboard, you probably get close to the price of 1800X + new motherboard.

>those Nvidia space-heater chipsets
True, the highend Intel ones also ate a lot of power.
Lovely mobo though.

>tfw built a Q6600 on XP
>mobo died a few years later
>got a new mobo
>installed Vista
>stayed on Vista for a few years
>got an SSD
>installed 7 on SSD
>used Vista on platter drive for a while because I was too lazy to reinstall rarely used programs like Photoshop so I'd just reboot into older OS
>do this for a while until bothered to install everything on Win7 SSD
>Vista still OK but never used it
>buy more ram from 4GB to 8GB
>a year later the power supply dies
>replace power supply
>doing CAD stuff and Q6600/9600GT is becoming just too sluggish when doing anything more complex than a sphere in an empty room
>build 7700k/Z270X/GTX960
>bring old Q6600 build to work because work computer is fucking garbage
>Q6600 still going faithfully day after day, year after year

I still use the original Seagate HDD. It has a bit over 3300 days of power-on hours and usually just runs my music on a daily basis. Vista still boots.

Who's been littering like this? Disgusting.
*takes to ewaste bin*

>aliexpress
>the kind of 'hacks' a pajeet would employ
Fuck off back to Sri Lanka.

You can delid this one too ( via the 1151 delidding tools from caseking )

I'm honestly surprised your nforce lasted 10 years.

Also, nice lapping.

>ewaste bin
found the kale chomping soyboy millennial cuck.