Better than macbook pro?

Hey Sup Forums, I am not asking this as a meme question, I genuinely need a laptop in the $1000-2000 range and I need something with the same quality and screen as a macbook. That means good screen and completely metal body, no plastic shit. Preferrably slim too since it needs to fit into a smaller backpack. I was looking everywhere but all I found are either thick as fuck, have shitty screen or are plastic. Specs don’t matter that much, won’t be using it for gaymen.

Is there anything with a simular quality to a Macbook Pro or should I just bite the bullet and become a macfag?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315945
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The xiaomi laptops

>inb4 >>/tpg/
>inb4 install gentoo
>inb4 homo sexual

Good screen, completely metal body? You're looking at a Mac and nothing else. Asus has something sorta similar, but the screen is cheap and has a plastic bezel. My girlfriend is looking to replace her aging Macbook Pro from 2009 that I upgraded with a Samsung 840 evo and a 1TB hybrid SSD/HDD, and I looked long and hard for an alternative, but a refurb retina Macbook is far and away the best option. $1100 too, so the Apple tax isn't too steep. She doesn't game, she doesn't use peripherals and she's a writer so it's pretty much perfect.

Good luck getting support on those if anything fails. Just take it to one of the hundred Xiaomi stores all over the world. They're not that much cheaper, either.

Those look decent. How is the trackpad?

Thinkpad X1 Carbon or whatever the fuck they're called have similar screens and weight, but definitely not the build quality of the IBM Thinkpads.

>my girlfriend (male)

MBPs have a garbage keyboard. I don't get why it's shilled copied so hard. Even lelnovo fallen for this meme, though their keyboard is still better.

>macshit
>good

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of it desu. Hopefully they improve that mechanism before my 11" MBA bites it.
Why are homophobes so obsessed with dudes? Projection, much?

Macbook trash screens can't even touch the IGZO OLEDs on Razer Blades.

A used Vaio Z.

Thinkpads (both new and old) have far better build quality then macbooks, the new ones (especially the X1 line) also have great screens, much more ports than macbooks, much better specs and thermals. They're not metal, they're carbon fiber, which is stronger and lighter.

Edge thinkpads are the epitome of chinkshit.

>DAT GET!
thinkpads confirmed chinkshit

This.

> (especially the X1 line)
lmao
I switched from a previous gen retina MBP to X1C5. The only thing that's better is the keyboard. I had to send the first one I got back because the lcd panel was misaligned in the screen frame. And the "high res" panel is inferior to my old MBP too. Same with the trackpad (I use the clitmouse now though, so I don't have to suffer that shit).

>Is there anything with a simular quality to a Macbook Pro
A $500 Acer from walmart.

Huawei Matebook X. Really thin and also has a 3:2 aspect ratio.

Then why do you have 6 Thinkpads as well?

>support
Are you a faggot? Or look at the dell xps is support is your thing
It's supposed to be good

>support
LOL spotted the macfag! Can't live without his aplel geenuises

Holy shit checked

Razer’s bezels are fugly especially on top/bottom, wish those were the same as the side ones.
Reminder due to different vendors and QQ think pads can have different screens on same model.

>he doesn't have multiple thinkpads

Dell xps 15 kaby lake g when fit drops in mid February

xps 13

Wait for thinkpad T480?

The XPS look pretty good. I think I may go with these. How is linux on them? If I install mac os on it does it have any issues? I was thinking if I buy a win laptop I will go with Linux/Hackintosh dual boot.

Damn that chink piece actually looks great and has 2 usb c ports. Shame about the battery though

Be OP:

Buy a laptop worth $2000 so it FITS in the backpack.

OP's backpack costs $2000+?????

This.

Good screen (not great but good enough), excellent processor, small dedicated graphics solution to accelerate certain workloads, complete metal unibody case, looks gorgeous, 60Wh Battery for up to 10 hours use, starts at 800-900 $.

The god of numbers said it. Chinkpads are shit. Buy a Mac if you respect your life.

Sad story here:

>Be me, 2y ago
>Shitty hp shit laptop with a6 3420m, no ssd, terrible screen, 20min battery life, damaged case. >3kg and 17"
>laptop isn't worth shit at this point
>buys especially big bag to fit this monster in for 100€
>mfw i bought a laptop bag more expensive than the laptop itself

I've never heard of a single perfectly fine hackintosh laptop. Better just boot/virtualize Windows for the commercial software you need.

Holy shit

no there isn't, but you did the right question in the wrong board. go for it

where the fuck do I buy this from. all the cheap places look shady as fuck. I've heard gearbest is good but are sales on that regular enough to wait for one?

It doesn't have to be perfect, but god dammit wifi has to work

Gearbest. If you're in Europe you're in luck, they have multiple warehouse there, so it's easier to skip taxes and fees, you'll receive your goods faster and more reliable than if you would order it directly from china or hk.

I'm actually tempted to get one for my next laptop but I have a couple questions:
>can you run linux on it fine?
>are they going to make a ryzen based version? (Apple seems to work a lot with AMD, particularly with vega chips atm)

As far as I know linux works best on macbooks since a lot of distro devs specifically optimize for the macbooks.

got any source on that?

Aren't they like $100 more expensive from EU warehouses though?

I would highley suggest NOT getting a Xiaomi. I had one with a fucked up screen, took me over 3 months to resolve the fucking issue and I had to pay shipping fees.

Why do macbooks have such horrible fucking quality control?

It's actually quite precise. Otherwise they wouldn't break right after warranty expires.

the 2011 and 2012 models suffered from logicboard and gpu failures. I think anything newer than that is pretty good quality, albeit very overpriced.

I know Linus himself said that that’s the reason he uses a macbook with linux.

ive used a late 2008 macbook unibody for a total of 10 years now. averaging atleast 6 hours of use everyday. no problems other than having to replace the battery and charger every year or so with chink shit from ebay

Ive used a 2008 mac pro as my main computer now for 5 years. also with zero problems.

ive also had numerous iphones over the years and had zero problems.

He used MB air because it's silent. Since then he replaced it with an XPS.

used my macbook pro every day for 6 years. nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

checkm8

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro

i7 7700hq
16GB Ram
GTX 1060
256 SSD + 1TB HDD

$1,199 on Newegg

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315945

Not all metal but a great device at a great price for what you get and doesn't look all super gamery

Why do you fags speak of the new MBP keyboard as if the issue is merely one of preference, and not actual product quality and durability??

There's literally a 70% chance that at least one key of your new MBP will fail during the first year alone. Pray that it doesn't fail at the moment when you need it the most. Pray that it is not more that one or two keys. Pray that they aren't very important keys.

Now this is pure anti-apple counter signalling. Out of all the things you could criticize about Apple, you choose to go after their MBP screens? And support OLED screens from the competition?

> Edge thinkpads
Niggerwiggers.

>Great thermals
Obvious bias. Try leaving a newer thinkpad in bed LMAO. They have just one tiny hole in the bottom as a vent for the fans to expel air. Cover it, and watch everything heat up. LMAO you cannot even use a newer think pad comfortably on your lap without obstructing that vent.

Give credit where credit is due: While some apple laptops may struggle with temperatures (due to apple fagging it up and avoiding any and all fan noise by default) the way they absorb and expel air is quite remarkable and I sincerely wish that other brands would do the same.

Too heavy and big to carry around. Shit battery life. Buying a laptop isn't about the getting the best deal for the most raw processing power.

>IGZO OLED
You clearly don’t know what either of these things are and Razers never used OLED displays on any of their laptops. Now please go back to
>>>\v\

A post 2016 Dell XPS 15/13 with a 4k screen is your only option.
Brought this fucker out in the bushes of South Africa to edit photos/videos and it's done wonders