How do I into web developing under Windows, Sup Forums?

how do I into web developing under Windows, Sup Forums?

a rope

- Learn C#.
- Get familiar with .net, ASP.NET MVC to be more specific.
- Pick your poison from any of the popular front-end modern JS frameworks or stick to the inline code and generated views
- Buy a Windows server subscription or host IIS on your PC
- Practice

thanks user.
>ASP.NET MVC
not WebForms?

It's easier to build websites using web pages, true, but most companies are hiring people who are capable of working with some pretty old applications, which mostly universally use ASP.net MVC.
Its also much easier to patch and expand those apps, because asp MVC uses separation of concerns as it's primary philosophy and heavily rely on inline code to draw views.
If you want a corporate job, go for asp.net MVC first, then get familiar with web forms. If you just want to build web sites as a hobby or as a freelancer usung windows as a core platform (which is a strange choice, given it's proprietary roots and costs of production), then go for web forms.

>stick to the inline code and generated views
does that mean that Visual Studio is a wysiwyg editor for webapps too? ie it generated views

you dont

what if you must? -_-

then this the most import
>- Practice

>ASP.NET MVC
Nah, just use ASP.NET Core MVC
Then host this shit under Linux or Windows over Nginx or Apache

Weforms is dead and with reason.

Visual Studio 2017 contains a Node.JS workload with a first-class npm support. It's a bliss.

>guindows

MVC is pure ball ache but it isn't the worst thing to be working at a big box corp doing Web through the MS ecosystem. Pay is good considering how easy the work is.

>considering how easy the work is.
everyone says that. .Net devel is easy. Maybe it is but for some reason I cannot wrap my head around it. Maybe it's because I come from 11 years of Java, I don't know.... information seems to be so scattered.

fpbp

Using a VM with docker and forwarded ports for your dev environment is a good idea if you have to use windows as the host. You can even use atom with nuclide to edit the VM files with ssh.

The most efficient way is to use ColdFusion.

usually you start coding and shut the fuck up

wow you sure told him

Go immediately for .net core 2.0 MVC. It's absolutely based. If you're doing a SPA then use the Angular template, otherwise a normal MVC project will have a shallower learning curve. You're going to want to read up on the authentication model using encrypted cookies/jwt, how routing works, and entity framework code-first. If you've never used dependency injection before read up on that too, otherwise your controllers will seem like magic.

It can generate views and models but it's only a skeleton. You'll of course have to do most of the work for anything that isn't pure database CRUD operations with a web frontend.

install Gen-

>web developing