Pens are technology

What is the pen of choice for the Sup Forumsentooman

Other urls found in this thread:

jetpens.com/Pilot-Iroshizuku-Kon-peki-Ink-Deep-Azure-Blue-50-ml-Bottle/pd/3511
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pelikan is the thinkpad of pens

>What is the pen of choice for the Sup Forumsentooman
Posts a spilling pen

Cheap mechanical pencils. Anything else is just useless bloat (which you can't even erase).

I have a Staedtler pigment liner and a Faber-Castell

t. Arch autist

No, I run Void ;^)

I own a Sailor Sapporo (aka "Pro Gear Slim") with a fine tip. It's my first fountain pen, and I enjoy using it very much. It's very light and portable, and has fantastic flow. I've only used a cartridge thus far, but I'd really like to try using a bottled ink. I don't own a needle syringe or converter, so this isn't an option at the moment (despite owning 3 or 4 unused bottles of ink). I think I'd like to have a TWSBI 580/Diamond 580 or two, one of which with a flex nib. That's one thing I'd really like to experiment with, especially in art.

Does anyone here have experience with Sailor's converters? They're quite pricey compared to competitors, and I've heard they're not particularly great either.

I like the look of both

I've been using a Jinhao 126 for the last 6 months or so, my Sailor Sapporo should be here later today or tomorrow.
Any recommendations for blue ink? I've been using Malibu Blue but I feel like a pen this nice needs something better.

For me, it's Sailor.

Also fuck the Janitor who always deletes these threads. The celebration of writting instruments is a Sup Forums tradition and techonoly you fucking authoritarian baboon.

A metal parker 50 something with semi hooded nib, a parker 40 something, a hero 329 anda jin hao 750, with a zebra g nib.

Lamy 2000

this shit will become /general), I know...
well... at least is better than chinese ebay general

low-quality advertisement giveaway ballpens

Using papermate pen that I stole from some lad back when I was in London. Best thing I've stolen in my life.

Any good mechanical pencils?

I got an engraved fountain pen from work. Really wish I had a real use for it, to be honest.

I love my Zebra Z905

Pilot razor point ii

Bic M10

Kuro toga 0.3

That's a pencil, and a shitty p205 knock off

Yes, a mechanical one like he was asking suggestions for

what makes ballpoint pens smooth?

Anything I have sitting around, but those artline felt tips just feel so good

a fucking bic pen, you faggots.
features:
>20 cents
>writes

My Jinhao 126 cost $1.28, took no time to pay itself off compared to your disposable pens

It already was a long time ago, fucking newfag.

Just some cheaper Parker, nothing great.

Pilot Metropolitan with pic related ink, shit is beautiful

Parker Sonnet fits nicely in my hand. Not too bulky or showy. Parker Gel Quink refills are great. Quick dry, no smear, and smooth lines.

Zebra makes shitty products since they moved production to Mexico and Indonesia. Stick with pentel. p205 or graphgear 500

Opinions on Sailor's converters? I've heard they're not particularly well-built, and have a small capacity. Should I just get a syringe and refill my cartridges? How many refills should a regular cartridge be able to take? Any tips on cleaning I should take note of?

Pentel twist-erase

True thinkpad of pens coming through

A blue Bic because I'm a 17-year-old-poor kid
virgin also. Oh boy what a shitty life

You autists better not shittalk my pens

No it's better to compile the graphite by hand onto a thinkpad piece of wood. At that point, you'll spend hours configuring your graphite to the perfect mm suited for your piece of wood and writing style. Then you'll take libreblade and notch away at sharpening the crafted pencil into a work of art. You then take a picture of it and upload it to Sup Forums for a screenshot thread. Finally after all the effort, you can put it in the drawer and use the mechanical pencil you bought from Walmart for $1.

>tfw wing sung 698 masterrace
feels gud

None, because pens are utterly unusable as a lefty.

depends on the type of ink you're lookin' for. water proof ALWAYS get noodlers ;0
if you wanna decent glass jar then i'd go for these:
jetpens.com/Pilot-Iroshizuku-Kon-peki-Ink-Deep-Azure-Blue-50-ml-Bottle/pd/3511

i'm a lefty and i'm calling you out on your bull
also
twsbi 580 EF for general writing and inking for illustrations

Ur full of shit, m8.

Thoughts on affordable non waterproof inks?

>Buying pens when there is always one left on the floor

Pilot Metro in fine with Noodler's X Feather
Nemosine Singularity with a FPR flex nib with Pilot Iroshizuku Ama-Iro
TWSBI Eco in broad with Noodler's Ottoman Roses
FPR Guru with flex nib with Noodler's Apache Sunset
Jinhao 599 with medium nib with Waterman Absolute Brown
I keep my Platinum 3776 with UXF nib at home with X-feather for writing letters
>mfw a girl in one of my classes asks if she can borrow my pen to write her name on the sign in sheet

Overpriced scratchy garbage with a shit triangular grip. Don't understand why people recommend them when there are much better pens around that price range.

seconding, I have one in .5 and its pretty great. Only issue is it doesn't have an eraser so you will need to carry around some.

I'm a big proponent of fountain pens but how the fuck is this technology? "x is technology" meme is not an argument.

I'm a lefty and I write with fountain pens, git gud

this scares the american

Lamy pens are not overpriced at all. Here in Europe you can get one for 20€. The only pen better around that price is the pilot metropolitan and they suck for people with big hands like me.

Is pelikan 4001 any good?
It's the only stuff I can find locally

In US IIRC there around $30, so that would explain it. Around $30 in US I got a TWSBI Eco for comparison

mostly because I dont like running out of ink in 5 seconds

what pen case do you guys use?

this. bic is the best there is.

Parker IM, TWSBI Eco, Lamy All-Star, Pilot Metropolitan

Nagasawa pen case, I also got a fountain pen roll, works really nice, it can handle meaty pens like the Montblanc 149.

price range?

PITT Artist Pens are so fucking satisfying to write with.

jinhao x750 with a zebra G nib.

What's a good pen for a lefty with a shit grip?

I actually have the top most. How good does your one write?
I love its asthetics but it just hast constant cutouts while writing. Ink flow seems to be broken in this design.

are you trying to strangle that pen

I like to pretend it's the neck of my wife's boyfriend.

Diamine

being left handed is fucking aids
>write anything
>smudge the words half way down the road

Is this how lefties hold pens or is that just you?

Currently using a Pilot Precise V7 RT. It's nice, but I prefer the V5s because the V7s tend to smear more easily, which I should have predicted based on their .2mm increase in diameter. What makes up for that, though, is the thicker lines make my handwriting look a little better.

Just me. I put way too much pressure on the pen, because I draw with a lot of pressure as well. That choke grip really allows me to be precise and hard with my lines, but it also makes writing painful after a prolonged period of time. I think writing with a fountain pen would help me improve my hand posture, but I'm intimidated by the selection of pens available, and the fact that most of them they aren't compatible with my writing habits.