/BST/ Battlestation Thread

>Its nice to be back at home base edition.

>Hotel living really sucks.
At least the wifi is free

I never leave home.

are you the anubis person?

Underrated show in my opinion, except the second season takes a jump off a cliff.

nice

I'm thinking about switching over to a 40" 4k TV instead of this 28" 4k panel. Any thoughts?

What's up bros.

Very blue. Da ba di.
>>Hotel living
I'm sorry user
Harmarist, is that you?
>all that Schiit
>using a TV as a monitor
do not do this

Nothing wrong with a Modi Multibit and a SYS.

>>using a TV as a monitor
>do not do this
Why not? Pixel density of 4k at 40" is still higher than 1080p on a 24" panel, and most TVs have pretty decent colours and HDR. It also helps that you can get a decent Samsung 4k 40" for around $500.

what are those two framed pics from?
who's your friend?
waht do you do?
nice schiit. i have the same leather case for 2 glasses. love the desk, info on that?
can afford to not live in a trailer, but you have this?
messy

I built the desk myself. Bought some thick old Danish oak, drew and built the thing, then waxed the surface.

marvelous

>>Hotel living
>I'm sorry user
I'm getting my wages plus $170/day tax free for living expenses. The woman gets a discount at that chain of hotels so its only $43/night and I pocket the rest and drink beer alone every night. It could be worse.

OP post I bought the two paintings at an art show my gf dragged me to cause her mom was in it. Wasn't that bad of a time once you got past all the broke, drunk hipsters trying to impress.

I got a 27" and I think its perfect while sitting about 2' away. A 40" tv as a monitor feels too much but you do you.

I finally joined the ultrawide master race. I seriously recommend the Alienware AW3418DW.

I'd be shopping for a desk and mouse pad, but otherwise seems cozy.

Neat space

I wish I had the spare money to get a nice amp/dac setup like that.

Dank home office.

>I got a 27" and I think its perfect while sitting about 2' away
Thats the exact situation I am in right now. The pixel density is too high for me to use without scaling, and scaling without running Unity or GNOME is fucking awful, which is why I am looking to get back to something with a similar screen realestate, but with a lower pixel density. I am just wondering if there is anything massively different about using a TV as a monitor that I should be aware of first.

better to get a nice pair of headphones first before amp and dac

That is why I don't have anything better than the ATH-M50x, because I don't have the other supporting hardware.

How does a degenerate like yourself end up with such a nice, slick and productive looking office.

tv panels are slow and will show multiple old images for a while if you do something too quickly.

As someone who mostly just programs, uses IRC, shitposts on imageboards, and watches anime, do you think I would notice? I have never really had experience with slow panels with high ghosting or anything.

Man, this makes me want to start collecting anime figures again

do you have lights in the vent or are they just reflecting?
At least you've got a place to stay, even if it's not ideal. make the best of it
two computers? why?
nice/10 are you a designer or in animating?
Do those mouse bungee things actually help?
2surreal4me
damn dude, at least get your cables looking tidy. You should head to your local goodwill and get monitor and just keep the laptop closed.
Don't you ever get claustrophobic?
are you a giraffe? Why's your other screen so high
if I plug two mice into my PC, will I get two cursors? Asking for a friend
I like this one because of the lights
what do the up/down buttons on the right side of the desk do? it looks like there's a cable going into it
do you ever fap to the figures? I would.

Mine's been updated since taking the pick. Can't be arsed to retake it.

The up/down buttons raise and lower the desk, it is a sit/stand from Ikea that I got used a few years ago on the cheap. I think it is a Bekant sit/stand.

The mouse bungee prevents my mouse from getting snagged and prevents drag from friction with the table or other things.

It's not essential at all, but I will never have a desktop setup without one. Nothing worse than being in a tense game situation and your mouse gets snagged.

eh

>Don't you ever get claustrophobic?
Not really. I like feeling packed in though, I think some people experience things differently. Do you make music? If so, do you have a page where you upload it?

girlfriend

girlfriend

Just finished watching The Foreigner, pretty ok.

Now get a table stand and Displayfusion to split the screen for easier multitasking! I can't live without them.

That is the next step, yeah. Just blew my wad on a few video cards but that is next on the list.

1. where can i find those mini statues?

pls

>stupidly oversized screen
just buy a t.v you fucking retard
>having the room on desk for pc
>puts the pc on the floor to work as a vacuum anyway
disgusting.

>wanting computer on top of desk
opinion literally discarded

was geht

>wanting his pc and heatsinks to work as a vacuum
have fun cleaning all that dust and lint out of your heatsinks brudda

dust filters are a thing

Yikes.

Plz no bully

extraordinarily comfy

>obstructing airflow
>needing to clean them more often than you otherwise should/would
k

top tier ass, you lucky hillbily

>do you have lights in the vent or are they just reflecting?
They just reflect. Its got a shiny brass coating on it.
>At least you've got a place to stay, even if it's not ideal. make the best of it
Oh I did. Set up the netflix station and kept the fridge loaded with beer and munchies. What else can you do working 14 hours a day, 3 hours from home.

>RE
>VHS's
>Nice Ass
9/10 looks comfy as fuck.

What monitor is that?

where is this