Headphones are for faggots, SPEAKER THREAD

Maximum dynamics edition

what's the point in posting someone elses setup? OP is gay

Well, I have to start with something.

BRAP BRAP

I want a system like this on a lot of land far away enough from the neighbors that I never get noise complaints no matter how loud I turn it up. That's my dream

I feel you bro! I was thinking about getting bookself speakers in order to spare my neighbors, but ended up with JBLs with 15" woofers. Now I get bad conscious every time I turn up the volume.

Must have been great to work for Mitsubishi back when they were cool.

>giant chopsticks holders

So what's the go-to $500 speaker?

Depends a lot on what you want from a speaker. If you want something big and physical or small high resolving speaker.

>implying you can't have both
Once you add stands the price difference between decent floor standers and decent towers is pretty trivial
>but my FR dropoff below 75hz is "precision"
no

>Once you add stands the price difference between decent floor standers and decent towers is pretty trivial
I agree completely. Never seen the point of bookself speakers when they are placed on stands. But there are floorstanders of different sizes as well.

Can someone explain arrays to me? My intuition is that an array of many small speakers is always better than 1 big fucker

Idk much about speakers
What speakers are fun for movies/music/gaming in a small room at close desk distance?
I really don't know the price range myself
anywhere from 300-1000 euro if its really worth it.
Should I go for floorstanding or smaller ones? get a subwoofer or not?
I heard kef ls50 are good, are they really?

One pro with array speaker is that the vertical dispersion is very poor, giving less reflection from the floor and roof. Another pro is that the speaker can be very narrow.
It takes 12 5" woofers to get the same area as one 18", and 5" woofers tend to have less xmax than 18" woofers. Lets if the xmax is half of a 18", it would mean that it would take 24 5" woofers to produce the same pressure. Bigger woofers also tend to have lower FS than smaller ones, so they normally go deeper in the bass. There are small drivers with low FS, but they aren't many.
Large is life

Just visit a store and try some shit out to get some kind of an idea.

why so many japanese

why do fags get open headphones when u can get speakers?
closed and iem are fine they got their place but open? wtf?