Will 2018 finally be the year for affordable IPS monitors with low response times?

Will 2018 finally be the year for affordable IPS monitors with low response times?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475002&ignorebbr=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>lcd cancer
>fast response times
PICK ONE

>ips

Garbage.

Nobody wants to invest too much into IPS panels because they want to switch to OLED/AMOLED screens for the gamers. That's the next big market to get into. 4k gaming OLED @ 21-32"

I wish there were more VA 1080p monitors

What makes ips garbage it looks better than tn in every way possible.

IPS are only good for viewing angles, they look washed out because of the horrendous backlight bleed.

Thats weird, because I've been using an ips for about a year now & i went to go setup a secondary pc using some old components and my old tn panel and the tn looked like absolute concentrated eye cancer

newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475002&ignorebbr=1

Is this worth it? they aren't sold in Australia, I am thinking about shipping it from the states

It was probably just a shitty monitor.

You're full of shit.

nope the monitor sitting in my amazon cart waiting for my tax refund to come in has had a price raise twice in a week and thats a TN so i dont think ips is going down in price

Yeah, you are right it was a tn.

IPS can never have the brightness of a good TN without excessively washed out colors and basically no blacks.

Older TN have excessive colorshift but nice ones don't and basically every aspect is superior, contrast, color, brightness, response, and refresh rate.

>buy dual TN monitors for dual monitor setup
>colors are all fucked up due to angled setup
>only way to use dual screen is if you do flat side by side

>Will 2018 finally be the year for affordable IPS monitors with low response times?
I don't think any panel will have "low response times", and "low combined lag" at all, but cheap ips have been here user, and if you look hard enough you can even find deals on ips 10bit displays.

>4K @ 21 inches

Good luck reading microscopic text

Nope
This year will be the year of glorious OLED Monitor

BRING BACK CRT MONITORS!!!!!!

Why is OLED shit so expensive. It seems like a marginal step, yet the cost is astronomical.