And what system do you use?

and what system do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

opengroup.org/openbrand/register/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linux and a bit of Solaris. I once did a bit of work on SCO UnixWare ~15 years ago *shudder*

Windows 7. I'll screw around with linux distros on old hardware I have lying around if I'm bored.

I feel like the UNIX guy wouldn't have his text color higher than 64-64-64...

GNU/Linux, Android, MacOS, Windows, OpenBSD

Windows on my desktop, Linux on my laptop

Wasn't FreeBSD a GUI-based Linux distro?
I remember my old FreeBSD disc booted into a GUI.

>it looked like the DSL GUI and the wallpaper was an updated version of the XP Bliss, or something very close to it.

Mac OS and sometimes Windows. I used to use GNU/Linux all the time. Eventually when Haiku goes into beta (sometime very soon), I will use that and especially when it is fully released. I like Haiku a lot.

Linux, and the beard and small gut to match.

linux (arch) because I'm a fag

>*BSD
>Linux
You wot?

OpenBSD and Plan 9

three gentoo machines and one android

Win10, MacOS, Ubuntu, CentOS

alpine linux desktop
android phone
win8.1 laptop, i never use it anymore because the laptop itself is shit. when i get a new laptop im putting alpine on it

want to try plan 9, reactos, and templeos. i tried booting reactos but im stupid and i run into errors

OpenBSD on my laptop
Ubuntu Linux and MacOS at work laptops
Windows 10 at wife's laptop
Android in my tablet

you forgot your wife's son! what os is he running? does he just have an iphone?

Windows 10 with Linux VMs for when I need something that uses makefiles

Windows and Linux on my PCs, Android on my Phone

OS X, OpenBSD, Linux, BB10OS, Windows

Plan 9

OS X on both desktop and laptop with an isolated Win7 VM for Creo
Linux on the router and server. I've been thinking about switching to *BSD but I'm lazy and it JUST WERKZ for now.
Meego on the phone

Windows and Android

>Android below windows
>"FreeBSD" when all the others are general descriptions like "Linux"
lmao

If you don't use the Hurd then you don't belong on Sup Forums.

>I like to make my life harder for no reason

I'm multi-booting Mac OS (Ryzentosh) and Windows 10. I use Mac OS for general computing and Windows 10 for my VR setup for VR Chat and other games like Space Station 13. I'll be mostly using Mac OS, though. It just werks. I might install GNU/Linux on another SSD so I can have the main 3 operating systems installed. I might install Arch or maybe give Gentoo a try because I doubt it will be difficult to install. If I can install Mac OS on a computer with a AMD processor, then it shouldn't be hard to triple boot Mac OS Sierra, Windows 10, and Gentoo.

> A computer is part of my life.

If you are new to linux do not use arch or gentoo.

Linux on every single device I own.

mac os x
at least has a proper ui and actual programs

>expecting anything else from Sup Forums

>Android
>not Chrome OS

Who the fuck uses desktop android?

No really i am really into computers (using plan9,haiku,*BSDs,linux i even made a simple OS on a floppy that i sadly lost.) i would never say a computer is part of my life because my computer should never control me.
Saying X is part of your life means you give X control over you. That is not healthy.

raspbian huehuehuehue

Depends what your objective is and how badly you actually want to know how certain underpinnings are built or staged. Of course if all you do is follow a guide and don't learn the meaning of the things you are told to do those don't help you. My first distro was Gentoo and now I have a very socially unhealthy relationship with *nix. Thanks Gentoo!

GNU/Linux
See that GNU? That's right. Atleast I am educated like Richard Stallman on important OS matters.

I've been using GNU with Linux for a very long time. My first dance with GNU/Linux was with a Live CD distro called Knoppix (had KDE 3.x.) The computer my brother and I were sharing had a dead hard drive so my dad set us up with Knoppix until we could get a new hard drive. I fell in love with Knoppix and loved playing with a particular application called KStars. As a kid, viewing the stars and planets on the computer was awesome. When we got a new hard drive, my dad installed Windows XP on it and I would frequently boot back into Knoppix because I loved it so much. Years later, I ended up with my own desktop computer and installed Ubuntu 8.04 or maybe it was 8.10, but I would use Ubuntu for years, and eventually I started distro hopping or going back and forth from Windows and GNU with Linux. I also tried Arch, twice. It isn't super difficult to install once you know the terminal and there are videos on YouTube explaining what to do. It is basically manually partitioning, setting the time zone, installing packages, etc. Not very difficult. I also gave Hackintosh a try and installed Mac OS Leopard on my Pentium 4 computer. I like to jump around from OS to OS, but if I had all 3 installed, there wont be a reason to switch back and forth, installing this or installing that, when I could just select one of the operating systems in the boot loader.

That doesn't follow logically at all.

CP/M-86

>android
>debian menu icon
????

oh im retarded that panel is on the top

Win7 at home and latest mint at work

Gentoo and openbsd

debian on desktop. windows on desktop exclusively for gaming. android phone.

i also have debian on my laptop

that's retarded

>Android is based on Linux.
>Linux is a kernel.
>BSD doesn't suck as much as people say.
>Windows is slow as fuck.
>Mac is pretty neet but I'm a poorfag so I stuck with a Linux distro.

Haiku OS (basic text editing and web browsing) and Gentoo (anything security related or for work). For hobbyist and legacy stuff I use OS X 10.4 and Windows 2000. I was also a SkyOS dev back when the project was still going.

Allow me to interject for a moment. What you're reffering to as GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Laptops: Linux Mint, with Ubuntu Server and Windows 7 in a VM
Phone: LineageOS
Raspberry Pi: Raspbian (Nextcloud server)

>solaris
pajeet detected

MacOS on an ancient Macbook. Loved it since the day I bought it so many years ago. Thinking about upgrading to 8gb of ram and a 1tb ssd but I don't really wanna spend the money.

Solarisbro, if you're still reading this thread: Is there any illumos-derivative that gives me the raw, unadorned Solaris experience without all the GNU crap that OmniOS and OpenIndiana seem to love so much?

>Thinking about upgrading to 8gb of ram
Worth it.
>and a 1tb ssd
Not worth it. In fact, and SSD won't really be worth it at all unless your machine uses SATA3. I have some machines from 2007-2009 that only support SATA2. Anyhow, you should just get something reasonable like a 250GB SSD for your boot disk and then replace the optical drive with a hard disk adapter and put a 1TB HDD in there. I did this with my 2011 MacBook Pro and several of my T-series ThinkPads.

Dual boot Win 10 and Elementary OS

laptop: antergos
desktop: windows (muh gaymes)

Thanks for the tips, I'll do that then. I didn't know about the STAT2 vs SATA3 thing. Going more reasonable will save me a ton of money too.

You can use a SATA3 SSD on a SATA2 port but it won't get the advertised speeds and will be marginally better than a 7200RPM HDD.

>SkyOS dev
Is there some of the source code released?

No. I wish I had swiped it when I had unrestricted access to his main project server around 2008. This is what you get when you contribute to non-free software and you try to be honest about it.

Why is linux twice?

Windows 8.1 (laptop), Lubuntu (another, older laptop), Android 7.0 on my phone (Galaxy s6). Windows XP VM. Then Windows 10 at college when I have to use the resources there.

Heh bamboozle'd mate, would be great to study the code.
Keep us informed if you have something sometime.
Linux is a Kernel utilized by dozens of complete Operating Systems, repeating could happen in situations like that.

Plan 9 is the only real OS

>would be great to study the code.
It was extremely solid for the time. Very mature and very secure at the lower levels by the time the plug was pulled on it.
>Keep us informed if you have something sometime.
I never will. Rob has all the source code still, unless he deleted it all like a retard.

getting nostalgic

Funny. I'm running BTRON as my main OS.

He has android, but uses his boyfriend's iPhone 5c

Also interested in this question.

linux with gnome

>boot solaris on thinkpad
>everything works fine when I disable the intel GPU

So, is Android an actual desktop operating system that people use? If not, why is it in this picture?

Android x86
It werks better than one would expect

Dude stop. You are asking for a world of hurt.

Are there thumbnails in the Firefox file picker dialogue?

would you say your kids aren't a part of your life because you're giving them control over you? lol.

i would but development seems to have stalled

>mfw I am hardcore
SmartOS.

Is worth Win10 LSTB or is just a maymay?

well SSD has better performance with initial read and random access

It has very few feature improvements and a couple regressions over Windows 7, but it's a million times better than any other version of Windows 10.

Unix is a philosophy. MacOS is Unix, and Linux is inspired by Unix. So your picture is wrong.

>MacOS is Unix

It is. So is BSD.

Hackintosh/W7/FreeBSD on a single desktop
Arch on laptop
Android(R.R.) on phone

I use UNIX (macOS)

Wrong, macshitos never was and never will never be unix.

>Not even 9x is as much of a clusterfuck as os x
Jesus Christ you're actually retarded. Have you worked with 9x? You can at least say that OS X works.

ubuntu off a flash drive. hdd died yesterday, waiting on a new one.

usually dual boot win7 and manjaro xfce

A fucking meme

Linux for my dev machine and some servers
OpenBSD for certain high-security servers
Android on phone, rooted and running LineageOS
Windows on my gaymer desktop

MacOS is certified UNIX because Apple paid off the right people. It's actually just the bastard child of 4.4BSD and Mach with a nice GUI.

Every version since 10.5 on Intel is UNIX

Quit acting like the SUS is a mere bribe, it's thousands of pages of specifications that an OS needs to comply to.

This.

Macos was never UNIX and never will be.
Mach was built from the ground up as a UNIX-LIKE kernel replacement.
NEXT was just a BSD knockoff that became UNIX-LIKE when BSD became UNIX-LIKE.
The very first release of OSX using an abortion of Mach and NEXT stapled together didn't have a single line of UNIX code in it, and was UNIX-LIKE since the very beginning. Deal with it.

If macOS wasn't POSIX compliant it wouldn't be listed on this page.
opengroup.org/openbrand/register/

It is literally UNIX whether you like it or not. This is not up for debate. Deal with it.

Macos was never UNIX and never will be whether you like it or not. This is not up for debate. Deal with it.