I want to switch

windows 7/10 fag who wants to switch to linux

The majority of what I do on my computer is play games online and edit videos with premier and after effects.

I know there are alternative video editors but are there any programs at all for linux that can handle motion graphics in a non-retarted and obtuse way?

no, there isn't

not fot the hobbyist. Linux is used in huge production houses though..

well thanks i guess. i'll just split my hard drive then

>The majority of what I do on my computer is play games online and edit videos with premier and after effects.
No offense, but Linux just isn't for you then.

>The majority of what I do on my computer is play games online and edit videos with premier and after effects.

Linux is not for you, user. You've happened to pick the 2 major, stereotypical things that don't work on Linux.

Get a Mac

>I know there are alternative video editors but are there any programs at all for linux that can handle motion graphics
blender's good for tha-
>in a non-retarted and obtuse way?
nvm lol

>(((happened)))

Natron

Nuke

If you're paying for Adobe you can try using lightworks. They have a trial version. Install Linux on a separate partition and give it a go... And for games... Well... Uhh... Not that many

If you're not in the IT industry, avoid Linux. There's nothing there for any other industry.

Start with dual booting or have your laptop be linux only. Migrating is a process and if you do it all at once, you'll just scare yourself away from it. (unless you're a no-life neckbeard like most here)
Shit like Video editing and gaming is not the greatest on linux, but it's good enough for everyday use.

>non-retarted
Irony is as sweet as honey.

Literally, get a Mac. It has all the nerd shit of linux and good programs

Davinci resolve and fusion, they’re free and good enough that I’ve stopped using premiere and after effects

>Davinci resolve
This.

Proprietary trash

Why is video gaming/video editing such a common combination/requisite? Is there just a lot of people who play video games with an interest in films/television or what?

Everyone wants to be a gaming youtuber

>2018, still trying to make a living by broadcasting your gayming sessions

op should set up a hackintosh machine with windows dual boot for gaymen honestly. he still could study some unix basics on mac

Hackintosh.