I FUCKING HATE DEBUGGING

WHY THE FUCK DO 3 MORE BUGS SHOW UP EVERYTIME I FIX A BUG I JUST WANT TO BE DONE WITH THIS SCHOOL PROJECT FUCK JAVA

I NEVER WANT TO PROGRAM IN JAVA EVER AGAIN ID RATHER PROGRAM IN ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Other urls found in this thread:

research.swtch.com/acme
apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-computer-science-a-frq-2017.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just listen to this guy for a second.

He's in school.

He's being forced to code in Java.

And he thinks assembly would be easier to debug.

NO MOMMY IM SORRY I BOUGHT BITCOIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Java is not hard.

I TOOK A COURSE IN ASSEMBLY AND WHILE THE ASSIGNMENTS WERE SIMPLER THEY WERE WAY EASIER TO DEBUG ALL THE REGISTERS VALUES WERE DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES AND WERE INTUITIVE

JAVA IS SHIT AND ECLIPSE IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING

END MY FUCKING SUFFERING PLEASE ITS DUE IN 6 DAYS AND IM MOSTLY DONE BUT I STILL FEEL SO FRUSTRATED I CANT JUST DO IT NOW, LIKE WHY??? CANT I THINK OF THE SOLUTIONS

Well then don't write buggy code in the first place, gah

You're having this much trouble with a school project? I don't know if this is the right industry for you user...You think you could play a part in maintaining an actual project and not do more harm than good? Because I doubt it if this is your reaction to any kind of school project.
-CTO of a company you may have heard of

TOSS MY CODE INTO A TRY CATCH
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
SUFFOCATION
NO BREAKPOINTS

user, I write software as my job fulltime. If you don't like debugging, be prepared to hate life. It is about 50% of the job.

How embarrassing he can't even get java to work

my major is CS but im planning on going to med school.

CS is actually my plan B, i picked it because i like programming. im just having a breakdown because this project is making me go nuts

guys I want to just finish this fucking project but im so tilted and stressed... what do I do

Install Gentoo

can u guys appreciate my meme lyrics i spent a couple secs on em

My guy just set break points and step through, you can view the variables as you go

eclipse is just so annoying.
Everytime I resume, it switches away from the variables page. I ahve to click back on it, then click back on my 2d array, and then click on the array from that array that I wanted to see. EVERY time I step to a line that modifies it

I agree and only write native code which has support for the world's best debugger (windbg)
Just power through it my guy

dw user i thought they were cute

You don't like programming

desu debugging in acme is pretty braindead and borderline enjoyable, I recommend it

research.swtch.com/acme

I took an assembly class and never wrote a line of assembly

send help

idk if serious but if youre frustrated, give it a break and come back to it later when youre a bit more relaxed. :)))))

Ridiculous breakdown over a school project aside, Eclipse is buggy ass shit and I refuse to use it if I can help it.

But seriously, learn to chill on that project. I failed to finish an assignment or two before and as long as you can make up the points through the rest of the class somehow (other projects, tests, etc) it'll be fine. Just turn in what you have, partial credit is better than no credit.

Programming isn't for everyone. Don't feel bad about giving up. Just do something else.

This is what you get for copy-pasting everything from stackoverflow instead of learning it yourself, dunce.

I didn't believe there were girls on Sup Forums until I read this post.

>i have to be better at coding
>REEEEEEEE

is basically what OP says

I remember I had no idea how to do proper debugging in school.
Shit, I'd put System.out.println() every 2 lines of code. Simpler times.

son, you have to calm your tiddies.
like it or not, Java is one of the easiest thing to debug and fix. sit back, relax, and try again later.

not much changed, user. for basic shit, that approach still works.

>ECLIPSE IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING
Give the Jetbrains IDE a go

OP is finally starting to understand why even huge
corporations have trouble with software bugs

>WHY THE FUCK DO 3 MORE BUGS SHOW UP EVERYTIME I FIX A BUG
You don't have any real understanding of the program and as such cannot comprehend what consequences the changes you're making to fix bugs really have.

Just fucking print your variable to console

HI, have you tried writing better code to begin with?

Git gud

>2018
>still using the bloated debugger instead of spamming Log.d("TEST VALUE: " + x); everywhere in your code
Lightning fast debugging, the true chad way.

Try not writing shit code then

>I FUCKING HAT DEBUGGING
Lol, just be urself, normie

>read error message
>find possible spot where this error can occur
>fix spot

or just program without writing bugs, its not hard
also underage b&

>Not proving validity and certainty of your code before you write it

brainlet XD

>bug
it's not a bug, it is a feature.

This could be avoided by better planning before you actually start writing code. If you actually understood what your code was doing, you would not only understand the errors, but be able to avoid them.

Before you put your fingers on the keyboard, identify the problem. Break it down into smaller modules until you have a coherent structure and a solid plan for you program. Then, you will understand what your code is doing and why.

This

OP in Java there are a shit ton of ways to do the same thing. Just try again and fudge it a different way. Become the true Pajeet

OP take some break from your project and grab some nutritious food and water. Have a meal don't read anything while you're eating. Just relax then come back to it. You have plenty of time.

Hello user. I am here to end your suffering. Upload your project files and I'll take a look.

>WHY THE FUCK DO 3 MORE BUGS SHOW UP EVERYTIME I FIX A BUG

>JAVA

You answered your own question

Normal programming
>think of a solution, then implement it

Java programming:
>randomly shit out code until you stumble on something that passes all unit tests.

I am developing software (desktop, web, mobile) for over 10 years now. I _never_ used a debugger since then. I don't even know how I would use the debugger in my IDE. I think that is the cause that I can find an error in my or others code by simply thinking about it. I guess I am used to think through every possibility now.

I use to think the "shit java programmer" was a meme until I was forced to take a class in uni
It's no joke

>all of these posts that blame buggy code on Java
>Java does a ton of handholding that prevents the most retarded shit

I'm pretty sure 90% of "programmers" on Sup Forums are pretenders.

Hand holding doesn't keep the kid from pulling everything off the shelf. It may guide you in the right direction but depending on how you go you can be bloated as fuck

Underrated meme.

They made me laugh

Honestly, Java was a mistake for teaching CS. In class they just make you write a for-loop to sum up some integers. The thing is, Java sucks for such trivial code. It probably would be easier to do the retarded freshman CS assignments in assembly.

This is an 18+ board.

Sounds like you should do test driven development

1) Use lombok, vavr and a non-null annotation library.
2) Program Java like you would program OCaml/F#.
3) Enjoy preventing yourself from producing 90%+ of your usual rate of runtime errors.

very nice

post code and we debug for you my dood.

Just write something for fun, understand how the beast work inside.
It will be better for your high level code, as you will know what the compiler will be attempting to do (in a much better way than you).

the college board disagrees with you
apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-computer-science-a-frq-2017.pdf

>hurr durr muh bloat

Shut the fuck up. "Bloat" is not a real thing anymore. Not with the amount of RAM modern computers have. Not with the amount of processing power can be shoved into a device smaller than a 90's calculator. If you truly cared about this so called "bloat", you would probably be running bone dry ASM programs, but you arent because we dont give a fuck about this kind of shit anymore. Fucking retard, if you really think Java is any more "bloated" than any C based language out there, I'm more than ready to see your argument to back that dumb idea up.

> 1 GiB wam isn't big anymore cuz I got 16 GiB

Eclipse isn't rocket science you fucking skid. If you're really so incompetent that you can't use it, go download bluej

Also I like how we can figure out who OP is because his caps lock is stuck on, probably from him smashing his keyboard

Pajeet my friend, do you happen to be mentally retarded? Java is a joke of a language and more or less only still exists due to legacy frameworks by dinosaur companies that are too fucking lazy to change, and the fact that it is shoved down everyone's throats in college.

This.

Frustration is part of the process. It teaches you patience in both writing and debugging because your rational faculties are finite in any given event horizon. Go do anything else for 12 hours.

In the long run, I'd suggest starting a mindfulness discipline. You'll need it whether you choose medicine or computer science.

Cmon user. it's verbose. It's dumb for all the reasons you listed.

M8 if you have debugging then have fun with asm. LOL

Just write the code without bugs