So its a great deal with good build quality, removable ssd+extra slot, pretty average screen...

So its a great deal with good build quality, removable ssd+extra slot, pretty average screen. I guess the issue is that if it has any defects or breaks you are fucked?

>windows
Not even once

Yes, warranty service will be non-existent and if you do manage to somehow get it serviced you will be paying international shipping and possibly import/export fees.

I would wipe chink windows and install linux

no libreboot, no buy

>Looks like a MacBook
>Hurr, Apple is bad guise
Why do people hate Apple if they are willing to buy products that look like Apple products? There is a trend where people follow the designs of what Apple did, yet hey hate Apple. Why don't people try to look different from the product they hate?

>flat all in one pc
>very slim keyboard
>laptops that have a Mac chrome or brushed metal aesthetic.

Pic related.

It costs just over half of a macbook pro the same spec in aus

I don't hate apple and I love the aesthetic of their laptops. There are however better options for mid range budget

if you get it from the right reseller they'll honour the warranty I think

Because macbooks cost a premium price for "meh" specs and thermal throttling. But they look nice. If someone else can make a similar looking laptop without the typical apple problems, then that is a good thing.

I don't think there are any resellers here

yes there are, Gearbest offers warranty honouring

gearbest has a warranty policy which according to just about every review on google/whirlpool is utter shit, they won't refund postage or you'll be outright ignored. there's also fuck all you can do with consumer rights because they're in china. Its not a local reseller its just an online store available to import just like anything else

If you want a decent laptop, get a used thinkpad and replace the HDDs. New ones are a bit pricey and dodgy.

>there's also fuck all you can do with consumer rights because they're in china
Oh boy someone post the person trying to buy metal for his company from China.

Always use a neutral arbitration clause for contracts.

>le thermal throttling maymay

To be fair, my first thought was "eww, it's openly copying MacBooks"
I dislike Xiaomi for ripping Apple all the time. This kind of autism is precisely what allows Apple to "set the standard" and always remain relevant - and Apple setting the standard is literally always shit.

It's not a meme, user. If you think it's a meme - you had never used your Apple product even to 50% of the specs you overpaid for.

adding "le" to a problem doesn't make it go away. hang yourself immediately.

I have one since 3 weeks. Ama

How is linux support? Problems with wifi or graphics? how long does the laptop run with normal workloads (browsing, reading) on battery in windows and linux? how's the screen? i heard some mixed results and im want to know. how much did you pay for it?

Okay guys, now that we have established that the Xiaomi Notebook pro is hands down the best notebook value product there is today (lika a used thinkpad a few years ago (you know, before coffee lake) or a oneplus one in 2014), it's time to look at some problems with it.

I'll start:
For me the biggest problem is the keyboard. Sure it's good, but it only comes in a US layout. As you might imagine there are quite a few languages that use different keyboard layouts. Sure, you could use stickers, but there are ugly and at least for my particular layout the keyboard is still missing a key (,|) which is kinda unacceptable for programming...

I use solus ( no bully) everything works good. No problem, the battery is around 8h (I put a YouTube video for 8hours)
The screen is glossy, size is good and no big bezel.
Price I paid 7000元 (I'm in china) so around 900€ don't know in dollar.
I really like it personally

I forgot I bought the biggest one, 16 RAM 256ROM and i7

Will Xaomi use Ryzen CPU's?

What the shit brainlet, you wasted your shekels. the i7 is not really better than the i5 and why the fuck would you need 16gb of ram on your laptop? it's not like it's a gayming device and you want to play gta VI with 12 GB RAM minimum requirement on it

and wipe out most of the hw features
and cutting battery life by 1/3rd

Who knows? They haven't used amd before, but considering ryzen is a lot cheaper than the i5 + mx 150 it could be an option. But in China almost ever computer uses Intel (just look at the steam stats after all the chinks started playing pubg and made a steam account).

HP X360 with Ryzen 2500U
Two RAM slots, can run 32GB (2x16GB) RAM
has M2 slot, plus 2.5" bay

well you'd still wipe chinese windows and install a normal international version, maybe a dualboot.

You'd wipe the stock Windows and install your own regardless of manufacturer.

well i suppose any real Sup Forumsentooman would do that

A honourable mention indeed, but:

Lower quality case. Yes the Xiaomi case is far better and less like to break than the hp envy x360.
the xiaomi is also a bit lighter (i guess the 2,5" hdd isn't helping)
the audio on the xiaomi is pretty good, it's terrible on the x360
the xiaomi has a bit more performance, especially the graphics solution.
the xiaomi can be used for 8h in web surfing, the x360 only for 6.5h
The xiaomi has a better keyboard (but the x360 supports other layouts than US aswell so thats good)

For it's i suppose lower price it's a good device, but it lacks some of the premium features of the xiaomi

Just get a second hand MacBook if you want a macbook

>look like Apple products
Applel trash are shit tier chinkshit knockoffs.

It has the performance of a current gen macbook with a better design and for a far lower price even than a used macbook. Also you buy it new.