/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

>for Linux related stuff READ THE STICKY FIRST GOOGLE BEFORE POSTING

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any retards creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

frankklepacki.com/portfolio/game-RA2.html
downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/red-alert-2-original-soundtrack
printerdriverseries.com/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m125-printer-driver-series/
codecpack.co/download/Kawaii-Codec-Pack.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_(signal_processing)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where the fuck do I find DC power cable adapters for shit? 3DS and USB-C specifically. This external battery's going to be a fucking brick soon.

partially answering my own question, 3DS can be handles over USB. for laptop charging over USB-c, though, i'm still in the dark.

...and apparently amazon does have them now, advertised for the new macbooks.
I guess if the wattage rating is the same or better, it'll be fine, right?

So, what's the deal with google.com recently? Anyone noticed it's way heavier to load the search results page and can even freeze the page if javascript is not disabled?

What is this rim function everyone keeps talking about? I try 'touch rim' in cli and it does nothing

try 'man rim'

That's gay af

So I want the Red Alert 2 soundtrack. The high quality 128khz tracks not the 44.1khz ones everyone and their grandma ripped and uploaded to YouTube.

So you can listen to them here
frankklepacki.com/portfolio/game-RA2.html
But trying to buy it, well looks like EA took it down or something. I can only find the original 15 tracks on iTunes, whereas this album is 27 total songs. I cannot find the YR songs ANYWHERE where it's not the ingame 44.1khz version.

Is there any way I can get these songs off the website directly? I am many things but I am not a hacker. I don't know code or language beyond being able to format html pages.

I've asked this a couple of times, and now after troubleshooting some more I have some more information about my issue.

When using 3 monitors and after gaming for a little while, the main monitor, displaying the game through display port, gets black -> blue color distortion. It persists through any driver/gpu-reset, but goes away as soon as I turn the monitor off and on again.

The issue does not happen when I disconnect my two other monitors connected through HDMI and DVI.

Last time I posted the question someone answered it's a monitor issue but does that make sense with this new info? GTX770, max gpu temp at about 75C when in game. 1920x1080x144 monitor. Pic related

I searched for it and this came up

downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/red-alert-2-original-soundtrack

is that 44.1?

No, but that's from the soundtrack release which only includes the base 15 songs from Red Alert 2. Whereas, as you can see, the music on Klelpacki's site includes the 3 unused songs, as well as the 9 Yuri's Revenge songs. Which never got an OST release and appear to no longer be sold on iTunes. Just the base 15 songs.
I have looked high and low and this is the only place I can find high quality YR. My only option otherwise is to either record the songs individually off the site if I can't rip them.
Or else trawl ancient forums for the 7 people who still use forums for C&C and hope one of them bought the songs before EA pulled them and is kind enough to send me a zip.

Running Win 8.1 on a laptop, the internet randomly disconnects often and won't remember simple shit like to auto connect to my network. Yes, I am sure the problem is within my OS (it is a well documented issue in 8.1, but every single guide I have found thusfar have done nothing for me. Yes, I disabled the power saving options that can disconnect you from the internet to save power. I have disabled bluetooth, and basically anything network related that isn't my wireless router, now it happens less often but still is happening nonetheless. Anyone who has run into this problem and found a solution?

do you have the latest network adapter drivers? update everything including bios/chipset

Is it a PoE issue?

Is it a bad idea to buy a decade-old HP EliteBook?

It's really cheap!!

I bought an Asus VivoBook model M580VD. It came with Windows 10, which I cannot stand. It doesn't have a cd drive, so I bought an external one. I have tried installing ubuntu on it with both a CD and a thumb drive, but every time I try to install it, it tries to install to the thumb drive (or the cd drive itself) instead of the laptop's harddrive. What am I doing wrong?

It persists in Windows when I exit the game, so I doubt it.

Yes, all my of drivers are up to date. Not behind on any OS updates either. Thank you for the advice though.

if you're really stuck I would suggest trying to boot into a different OS. maybe try installing win 7 or 10 on dual boot, or just run it from a Windows To Go USB. if the problem persists you know it's hardware

Whenever I play webms on Sup Forums it often loads up as a multicolored mess.

I have to reload it or click back again to the beginning to get it to play normally

What's going on and how do I fix it?

>inb4 install Sup Forumsentoo

While reapplying thermal paste on my laptop, I noticed that there was some gel-like pad between the GPU and heatsink instead of thermal paste.

What was that? What's the exact name?
I replaced it with thermal paste, but the GPU is now overwheating, because I think there's a lot of space between it, because the paste isn't as "high" as the pad was.

it's called thermal pad

You try Soulseek to find it? I just did a quick search and found this. I know this isn't what you're looking for in pic related but if you dig you might find it since there are at least some people who've uploaded close to what you're looking for.

Why is the sampling rate important to you? Do you think the music will be of higher quality if you go above 48kHz? I don't know much about technology to dispute you, but there are plenty of resources on the internet which tell you that they don't, including a very reputable one by the people who create audio codecs (on xiph.org).

If you care about quality, go for the high-bitrate, lossles placebo. Rutracker has the CnC soundtracks in FLAC.

Thanks.
I am still in disbelief how that can be better than paste and that I fucked up the GPU by using paste.

Alright lads I am close to breaking all the fucking computers in my work, need help.

When I plug a printer into computer A, it shows only as a scanner. When I plug it into computer B, all is swell and the full printer automatically shows up and works.

No drivers installed on either, at least none that I know off. It is a HP (tm) 125m laserjet.

Only workaround I managed to do is share the printer via workgroup. Any help appreciated.

I'm having the same problem.
I guess I've killed off my old trusty laptop.

Gonna try a pad and hope for the best.

install driver on computer A.

don't expect a PC or devices connected to it to behave like another one just because they look alike or have the same setup.

>ffmpeg
>windows
get it from ffmpeg org
extract it
open cmd exe
cd to ffmpeg bin (also put ytdl here)
ffmpeg -i input output
make a desktop shortcut of cmd exe to open in that ffmpeg bin dir for you

A family member of mine is trying to connect to chrome browser on my desktop with their android phone (or vise versa?).
I only of this because uMatrix is telling me. Are they trying to spy on me or am I making a chromecast connection to them of some type?

Driver can't be installed because only scanner shows up when plugged and the driver installation requires the printer to be connected.
Neither has the driver.

You can install the drivers without the device being plugged in, just don't use the HP installation software. Check this list for driver only download:

printerdriverseries.com/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m125-printer-driver-series/

Is there anyway I can make kodi play opening and ending files for each episode of a show automatically?

How do I get more dropbox free space? I remember reading from here that some user brought it off of ebay for $12 and all he had to do was give his referral link, but all the listings on ebay looks shady as fuck

Will try, thanks user.

How can i make any game go windowed borderless?
i don't use steam but afaik you can add any non-steam game to it, and i read online you can go windowed borderless anywhere

what c++ compiler do you use?

how possible is the following kvm setup?
>windows 10 as host with nvidia gpu
>linux as guest with intel gpu
vmware graphics performance isn't that good, there are many lags and hitches

i have aster (multiseat program) all set up, two monitors, two keyboards, two mice/.
everything works except the speakers, i want one user to use one speaker, and the other user to use the other speaker
i have two speakers, two audio ports and two microphone ports if i need to use them.

alternatively, are there any other multiseat programs for windows 10? maybe i can get that to work

bump for answers

Help Sup Forums, on my linux mint machine I have some issues connecting to the internet. When i use my regular home wifi it doesn't work and can't connect to any page, but when I use my home wifi with a vpn, only then it works. I have no idea what's wrong, if someone could help that'd be perfect.

AFAIK segment linking is not supported in Kodi

What is this?
Cable is coming out of a vinyl player.

connect it to a speaker

What's a quick and easy facebook video downloader? addon preferred

I tried fbdown and social video downloader, both don't work for some reason. The download stops after a few seconds or doesn't start at all.

any1 know where can I download those memedegree courses from udacity updated?

My friend is looking for a new laptop. They like the appearance and screen quality of macbooks but not the price. What do you think is the best value option for a contemporary appearance, ssd, non-budget processor laptop? They liked the look of the Elitebook 840 g3. Budget: 300-900$

I've already read the laptop guide many times. Just wanting to see a current consensus.

Does anyone have a mirror to Kawaii codec pack? These don't work anymore codecpack.co/download/Kawaii-Codec-Pack.html

im selling stuff on ebay
do i need to make an account with Adyen now like i did with paypal

Fbdownloader? You mean images from a profile or what?

Recommend me a good non-botnet epub program

Why do I have to input DNS manually if I set IP to static on my computer? I already have my router reserves an IP for it, and if I just set my IP to auto on my PC, it'll work like usual. But, if I set it to static, I have to input the DNS server too, otherwise the internet won't connect. Why?

Help me understand something:

I have a ZTE Blade. It's not a terrible phone but could use some enchancements.

(what do you want? It was 80 bucks)

I was able to get a 64GB card for the thing. IT could read it and saw it as separate but it said in order to use it, I need to format it to the phone. OK why not. However, the transfer rate is stupid on my phone when I download directly to my phone from my PC. I dunno why.

that's not the worst part.

Why does it say I have no space when I have 20 gbs there? It even shows in the file storage, but when I download an app, it says "lol nope." so I go and get an APK and it installs fine.

what do?

Which business laptop brand has the most replacement parts on EU ebay?

Is this alot of memory to be in use when Win 10 is doing nothing but sit on the desktop? No crazy processes or anything either.

bump

If Adobe RGB is better than sRGB, then how much of it is 126% sRGB?

Why does MPV do this:
>Start streaming some video with Youtube-dl
>Pause it for ~10 minutes or longer
>Keep playing it
>Video plays for some time and then stops being unable to continue
>Have to re-open link and fast forward

When I used Bomi (a front-end for MPV), the stream worked flawlessly after pauses. If there was a stop, and I kept playing the video, it would re-start the stream from the same position. Is there some mpv/youtubedl setting I'm missing?

Where can I get a good Windows activator? Just bought a new laptop and I'm thinking about wiping it and putting Win10 LTSB on it.

amazon.com

so, my external hdd got dropped a reasonable height by the postman in its little box (offers very little protection), only onto the front door mat thankfully
Used for 90 hours at this point and no bad sectors or suspicious sounds or anything. Is it fine or should I still be going for return or replacement?

Nah, this is normal with all my startup shit and windows services.
Depends on the version i think, I'm on LTSB, others might have more bloat running

Best way to stream music from my PC over the LAN? I use mpd for local listening, tried the httpd server and it wasn't a good experience.

its fine

What's the best way to send large files (50+gb) over my home network between my Desktop and Laptop?

Is there an android app for Sup Forums that redirects deleted threads to respective board archives, like 4chanx does? Clover does not do that or did I miss something in the settings? I often bookmark quality shitposting threads to read later and by the time I come back the mods have already deleted them. Very annoying!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_(signal_processing)

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are two ways to increase the bandwidth, by increasing the fundamental frequency or increasing the difference of frequency (f_0 < range < f_1)?

Am I shit or is this book shit?
(William Stallings Books on Computer and Data Communications) William Stallings-Data and Computer Communications-Pearson

It's either your GPU or Monitor. Get testin'

I used something called "Windows Toolkit" to get my windows product key (it was complaining that i was inactivated, but i activated with a key i bought a while ago so i was trying to recover it and reenter it in settings), then I randomly decided to click "re-arm." I tried to fiddle around with other MSToolkit options to undo this, but the one message I saw over and over again was "The security processor reported that the trusted data store was rearmed." How do I undo this? I tried using smlgr to undo everything, but I got more errors there.

I've looked into this a bit more and it turns out that the Smart TV downstairs was making two xml connections.
I'll see what I can do with the settings.

I just recieved an email from Samsung support telling me it was a known issue with my monitor.

Reeeeeee

If i used a laptop (2.5inch) hdd in my desktop will the only negative be that its slow as fuck?

Ground.
Connect it to it.

>if I just set my IP to auto
Your computer uses DHCP to receive a (ip, netmask, gateway, dns) setting from the router.
> if I set it to static, I have to input the DNS server too, otherwise the internet won't connect
You should be able to reach IP addresses (eg `ping 8.8.8.8`) with only the IP, mask, and gateway set. Otherwise your router is doing something fucky. Most "are we connected to the Internet," idiot light type widgets try to reach a domain name, which needs DNS.

does anyone know anything about tracfone plans?
what is a text message in terms of "minutes"?
if i buy a 30 minute plan, how many text messages is that? sending and receiving text messages are different costs right?

why can't it be like, I can buy so many gigabytes of data, it NEVER expires, and I can just use it? like if I send the letter 'a' to somebody as a text, that would use up 8 bits

So I have a Orange Pi that I want to use with a Brother HL-1202 printer.
Considering that linux can see the printer:
Could I just download the cups drivers from brother website and indicate to CUPS the PPD files manually?

>the drivers are packaged in a deb for i386
I forgot that bit.

i setup an AUR package for a brother printer for someone recently, and while they only provided 32bit deb binaries, they also provided sources, which compiled for 64bit fine (not a gaurantee for arm, but still possible)

A guy I know, mods a game, his files are rather small, like sub 50 megabytes, he used to share a MEGA folder but because someone has been reporting his folder, he doesnt have a general folder anymore and is basically a mess.

What could he do? (I don't know what he gets reported for)

What do i neee to cennect to a motherboard and can I fuck up by putting the usb/on/offpanel reset button panels cables in the wrong pinhole?
I'm only only really worried about that and the cpu cooler.
First time builder and got the Croshair hero VI mobo.

Can anyone recommend a ultra wide mousepad?

Usually I just use my 2 tb portable hard drive. Idk about over the Internet tho.

Windows toolkit

>like sub 50 megabytes
Suggest him to use tiny simple small services of uploading instead, such as tinyupload or zippyshare.

At this point is buying a premade tower cheaper/more efficient than building it yourself?

The problem is the lack of a common online folder where all the stuff he made is there at once.

Unless you can find a good deal on a graphics card, yes, it is cheaper unfortunately.

If it has to be smaller than mATX, yes. If you were planning to pay for Windows, yes. If it needs a real video card, no.

is there a way to open an incognito browser in python3 with linux?

Are those meme gaming chairs actually comfortable? I've had my current office chair forever and it's gotten to the point it's uncomfortable to sit at so I was thinking about replacing it with one

Hello, I have a pretty stupid question but to me it is a pretty deal.
I hope someone can help me out.

I have a couple of problems, one of which is having to clean stuff all the time.
It makes life a lot more difficult than it has to be but I have yet to win the fight against it.

However, today I was cleaning my desk with pic related, and I accidentally sprayed a bit on my Monitors power supply unit (small box with a cable in it, I'll post it in a reply to this post)

I panicked and immediately took off power, took the cable out and started drying it with paper cloths. (The ones you use in the kitchen)

But as stupid as it might sound so far, it gets worse...

I swiped the outside of the cable dry first, then with that same piece of paper and with the same spot (where it was wet from the spray) I ''cleaned'' the connectors inside the cable.

(The sockets in the one half, also the inside and the pins on the other, all around *folded the paper for that to be possible*)

Can someone please tell me what to do now?
It has been 2 hours that I've been sitting here not knowing what to do to prevent something bad from happening, or something breaking.

I know this sounds stupid or funny but please help me with honest advice.

This is a picture of what the cable looks like, I will post a picture of what the power supply unit of the monitor looks like too.

The spray hit the place where the 2 pin cable was connected to the little box, that's why I took it out.

Answers & help would be greatly appreciated.
I know I sound like a retard and I probably am but I can't help it, I'm sorry for asking.

Accidentally deleted a txt file from my desktop, I'm using SSD.

Is it recoverable?

bought an anker 3.0 fast charger and anker powercore bank, will the charger fastcharge with the default cable that came with the powerbank or is that another thing i have to buy

yes, open your recycle bin and drag it out

it'll be fine when it's dry, since it's already been 2 hours it should be good

what part of "deleted" don't you understand retard