I want to create one of those developer blogs that programmers use to rant about stuff and to talk about the...

I want to create one of those developer blogs that programmers use to rant about stuff and to talk about the development of their products. Ranting, talking about issues with technologies and frameworks, talking about workarounds, shit like that.
I don't want it to look fancy because, well, it's not supposed to be. I'd like to keep it minimal, in a non fancy way. Absolutely no parallax scrolling, and stuff like that.
What technology should I use? Wordpress? Medium? Something older like Joomla or Drupal?
I can't afford to spend too much time on the creation and management, I just want to rant about shit online.

In the picture there's a site with a style I consider cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

werc.cat-v.org/
gopher.quux.org
werc.cat-v.org
gohugo.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you look at the bottom of their page, you'll see that they use werc. So just set that up on a HTTP server that supports CGI and do whatever you want.

Static html generated from markdown.

You mean like jekyll?

No

We don't need another edgy programmer with his Neanderthal thoughts thanks

search suckless archives for "ssg - static site generator"

>issues
problems

Just use the same werc, the same one suckless or cat-v uses.
werc.cat-v.org/

You can set up static site generator on git{hub,lab} pages and optionally put client-side JS (e.g. MathJax), Google Analytics and Disqus (for comments) there to have it somewhat dynamic, all for free.
Although Medium and similar blog portals might give you some advertisement. I personally find Medium website disgusting and hard to read/use.

Jekyll + nginx

I guess Medium would be the easiest option, but they have a theme with a useless big-ass font that makes it uncomfortable to read. Also it's a JavaScript mess.

is there a static site generator that looks like a gopher interface?

I remember one ssg that was written in rc script.
That's probably what suckless used.

>Static html generated from markdown
>not static html generated from org-mode markup and published on the site without leaving emacs

Use a makefile

OP this but you can also consider hosting it as a static site in S3.

Why not just use something like pygopherd and host a dev "phlog" that is also accessible over HTTP like pic related?

because gopher is dead and will never return.

gopher.quux.org

Your gopher server will also speak HTTP, so anyone connecting with a web browser gets an HTML version, the style of which I assume is what means by a "gopher interface".

>looks like

It does. It just also happens to include an actual gopher server too.

>include an actual gopher server too.
unneeded bloat

Just don't include an index.html, your HTTP server probably has an automatic directory listing that is pretty much what a gopher menu is in terms of presentation.

Jekyll + GitHub pages, free homie

literally just werc on the same site, it's piss easy to set up werc.cat-v.org

Or use Hugo.

gohugo.io/

>not also generating and seeding a torrent of the site without leaving emacs