>tells us to learn on our own
>no book for the course just her presentation slides
>she uploads them with no file extension
>spend 30 minutes trying to figure out what type of document it is
>turns out it's some proprietary iWork apple garbage that I cant open
>have to figure how to convert it to pdf
>complain to professor
>she tells me to buy a mac and it's not her fault my computer can't open it

Is there anything more annoying than apple fanboy retards? Why don't these apple cunt developers at least use a file extension?

Other urls found in this thread:

man.openbsd.org/file.1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's your fault for picking a gender sciences class

>it's not her fault my computer can't open it
Whose fault is it, then? She had all the power here when making the document. Unless she doesn't know anything about computers and is forced to use the only way she knows how to make them. That would explain the Mac, though.

It's like when some asshat winbabby sent me .doc files in 2005 and I was on GNU/Linux.

it's her fault for using proprietary filetypes, such as word documents
it's your fault for still not being able to open it
a high sierra virtualbox install takes an hour tops

What is file extension?

>be retarded diversity hire cunt
>can't even upload files in a standard format that's accessible cross-platform
>"just spend $1000 on something you'll use once"
This angers me because I've dealt with it before. This is the kind of shit that gets you fired if you work anywhere that isn't a commie hell hole like a typical modern university, and is wholly unprofessional and unacceptable. I wouldn't put up with this trash from my coworkers, and neither would my boss. My advice is to just suffer through it and run OS X in QEMU or something and get iWork running somehow. The saving grace here is that we aren't living in 2004 and you can emulate OS X on x86 really easily. Just get the grade and then be done with it.

Actually yes, based on this statist it's her fault. Now decide if it's worth it to start a war with your teacher, sometimes it is

Or just ask some macfag to convert it

>depending on other people to get basic shit done
Never ever. OP needs to spin up an OS X VM and convert them himself.

Everyone should use PDFs to send documents. PDF is the GOAT cross-platform format.

My university guarantees that any paid software that is required for a class be available to use on university computers, because of this most classes try to use free software instead unless the paid for software is industry standard.
The fact that all universities do not do this is astounding.

>this
Your university has a mac lab.
If it doesn't then it's probably shit.

tell the dean that she openly criticized your people

>gender sciences class
I see more macs in the CS department than anywhere else.

Was it mentioned in the syllabus that a Mac would be required? If not, you have reason to complain.

this.

/thread

Just tell her to send it again as a powerpoint. Keynote can export as powerpoint presentations then you can have your "other" proprietary format.
Fucking loser, complains about proprietary formats because it's not HIS proprietary format.

Get a mac, retard. No one in the real world uses Windows unless they're pajeets working in call centers.

I don't know, but don't catch the fucking flu user. I'm at the hospital right now and there are SO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE sick with the flu right now it's ridiculous. Probably gonna be enplagued and in a corpse riddled mass grave before the weekend is over.

>tfw all of my professors are reasonable people
>provides slides in PowerPoint or PDF form
>provides all documents in PDF with LaTeX source available

I only have one professor who is an exception to that, but that's because he doesn't do PowerPoint. He just gives assignments as plain txt files.

>Go to whoever her boss is
>Complain there
Problem solved.

>going to college
Why waste money and time like that?

>money
What do you mean? University isn't free where you live?

>She
>Apple user
How this thing got a work? i guess sucking dicks

these

>spot a burger

Just go to library's computer lab, there's bound to be at least one Mac there, convert to PDF, ODF, OOXML, done.

Go to the dean. Then drop that class.

>spend 30 minutes trying to figure out what type of document it is
If it takes you over 3 seconds to find out the type of any random file, then you're clinically retarded, user. Just use file: man.openbsd.org/file.1

Play victim.
Go to someone in power.
Play dumb and act like you're super poor and absolutely cannot afford to go out and purchase a new computer and beg them to let you drop the class.
Continue to play dumb until they either fire her or force her to make her special snowflake course cross platform.