If you don't use mouse acceleration, you are a kid

Let's face it: if you're not a gaymer you don't need to disable mouse acceleration.
Acceleration is pretty useful if you work with your computer. The pointer has better precision if you have that option enabled.

>b-but muh CS:GO
Stop wasting your time.

> muh precision during photo/video editing
that's not true. With mouse acceleration you can modulate speed just by deciding the rapidity of the movement. This is the key of precision.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MouseAccel/
mouseaccel.blogspot.com/2015/12/new-method-for-mouse-acceleration.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PmY1OTacEzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>make a "WEEEEEEE" sound every time mouse moves across the screen

Sorry, I like my cursor to be where I put it.

this has got to be the most obscure bait ive ever seen

I use mouse accel in csgo though OP

Accel is aids unless you use a trackball or pointing device.

you've probably got raw input turned on in csgo, it's fine

I make sure acceleration is off in Windows but use Quake-style mouse acceleration in every FPS game I play. Suck on that, nigger.

Wrong.

>quake style mouse acceleration
??

They added highly-configurable mouse acceleration in Quake Live a long time ago. Tunable linear acceleration curves and sensitivity caps turn mouse accel from shit into gold. 180 degree whipping speed and precision when you need it.
Anyway there's an open-source driver that allows you to use that style of acceleration in any/every game.

Alternatively, just don't use a 5x5cm mousepad and lowest possible sensitivity

never saw it in the settings, there's so much stuff
only complaints with ql are that the brightness sucks ass, it's either way too dark or makes everything else way too bright

also it's 10$ and dead

Pls link me. I would use this

This isn't a realistic alternative because low-sensitivity aiming is objectively superior for most people. Sure, there are some euro freaks that are godly with really high sensitivity but they're exceedingly rare and they usually play with weird accel settings anyway.

reddit.com/r/MouseAccel/
mouseaccel.blogspot.com/2015/12/new-method-for-mouse-acceleration.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PmY1OTacEzA

Using raw input + ingame mouse accel does make a difference

Its not all or nothing. You don't need high sensitivity to have a quick 180 turn if you have any space for your mouse. You don't need sensitivity so low you need to drag it across the table to aim accurately.

Listen, you're already telling me shit that I know; I've been playing Quake and CS since the 90s. I am absolutely certain that I would rape you to death in any game FPS game you've ever touched. And I'm telling you that proper mouse acceleration (specifically with linear instead of exponential curves and sensitivity caps) gives you the benefits of both high and low sensitivity while maintaining muscle memory. There's no downside beyond having to figure out your ideal settings.

Woah calm down dude
Why are old people always so angry when playing fps, are they insecure?
Acceleration is shit tier

I understand the concept and how it would be useful in a scenario where I don't have appropriate space but my setup now is so perfect I just can't see how it would help.

What's your cm/360 and mousepad dimensions?

"Stop wasting your time" said the guy making threads in a vietnamese dog breeding forum about the most pointless things.

Honestly can't remember off the top of my head but the mousepad is a zowie 35x45 that I don't even use most of

mm? My pad is that big too then. I suppose if you consider your setup perfect for whichever games you play then there's no real benefit. I found that switching from CS:GO to Quake would fatigue my arm at the base sens of 52cm/360 due to all of the rapid, large movements that are required. Accel allows me to be consistent and comfortable in both styles of game.
Also, nice dubs.

cm that is

Nice dubs to you too my friend. And as above user said its cm. I mostly play casual shooters nowadays like battlefield but I have no problems in competitive games

>I don't know what muscle memory is: the post.