Why aren't you using icecat Sup Forums?

Don't you care about your freedoms?

But I do user

but I am user

But I use IceCat, OP.

Firefox ESR 52 is freedom

Because I'm using Waterfox

Reasons to use it over Waterfox?

Pale Moon gets a lot of updates, in comparison.

Not released on relevant OSs

kys

she's right

Ask yourself: WHY Icecat is not released on "relevant" OSs?

>Nobody bothered to compile nonpozzed software on my pozzed OS

it's firefox for people who can't configure firefox themselves

>search icecat on playstore
>nothing
>found WaterFox on the playstore
>download it
>open it
>Error, you don't have Internet
Wtf
I'm tired of chrome and shitefox

Any reason to use it over upstream Firefox?

The most recent FF versions are a lot faster and I'd rather not be stuck using an ESR.

Because for some reason the fonts are completely broken for me on the latest Freetype. So maybe once it updates.

When is Icecat getting 57?

It comes with a lot of the privacy invading bs stripped, so that's nice. But it doesn't really do too much that you can't with your config.

you can install icecat through f-droid. Why the heck would you not check f-droid for FLOSS before going to google play?

You are supposed to use fdroid.
Also that waterfox app is old the new one is on the site

Brave mobile is better anyways

i still use chrome

firefox and browsers based on it have a shitty word search
and i hate the topbar. everything is too hard to find. too many customization options

gross

I’m using waterfox. Why I should use icecat?

Oh god. Could you at least install chromium instead.

What's the difference between IceCat, WaterFox and Palemoon. Which one of them is faster? And which one should I install?

Install IceCat.

I heard it's developed by GNU so it has their javascript replacement. Can I disable it? I need some time before going full tinfoil head.

>IceCat
Autism
>Waterfox
More autism
>Palemoon
Extreme autism

Stick to standard Firefox

Waterfox tries to unfuck modern FF a bit. I think it follows the regular releases of the browser.
Palememe forked off of a very old FF, and continued independently developing off of that. Gecko got reworked into Goanna, to provide modern web features while remaining separate from Moz://a's engine. Also, it's privacy is pretty damn solid.
IceCat is made by the GNU project. It follows Firefox's ESR releases. It disables all telemetry and tracking, and comes with a bunch of libre extensions. I'd probably remove LibreJS, as I doubt many websites would really be compliant with it, but overall it's a very secure version of ESR.
Icecat will be jumping to 60 in May.

It comes with librejs as addon. Just disable it.

Thank you, user.
I think I'll try out both Palemoon and IceCat and then decide which I'm going to use.

because I'm not a Jew, so I don't use a Jew's software.

prove me that it's not a botnet

i love freedoms but the last time i used it it raped my cpu with its shitty addons

I like how nobody bitching at ff acknowledges, that whatever meme browser they're using can not handle anything more complicated than Sup Forums without being laggy as fuck.

You can disable the add-ons they come with.

>Don't you care about your freedoms
Not really, I live in the US

>straight up Chrome on Linux
have some common sense and at least install chromium-browser instead