i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515815627264.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515814527624.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515814587274.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515815627264.webm

literally never heard of 'homepod'

is it seriously called the homepod? is Apple creatively dead wtf

I'm not a gook.

Amazon most likely because it's the most fleshed out and developed especially if your a big amazon user.
Google home is well, need I say more? it's google
Homepod is locked down Apple garbage even more locked down than usual

rip apple marketing and creativity department 1955 - 2011

This is the cutest shit i've ever seen

iPod
AirPods
EarPods
HomePod

Do you get the theme? Fucking idiot.

MacPod

>Be Apple
>Late to the smart speaker game
>Outsell everyone
>Might have errors, but people will buy it anyway
>Become trillion dollar company

>not PodPod
the problem is that "pod" itself is already similar in meaning to "home"

Who cares, if you're even entertaining the idea of owning one of these you need to find a new image board to inhabit.

>AirPods
>EarPods
wait, they did that?
i don't know how you pronounce those, but to me they sound identical

>not just unplugging it when you're not using it

>have to go over and plug it in to use it
might as well use a keyboard then, huh

Doesn't matter. "pod" in Apple's lineup is synonymous with "music". It's been that way for nearly two decades now.

AirPods are the wireless buds they sell.
EarPods are the wired buds that come pre-packaged with iPhone/iPod.
They're literally pronounced like they're spelled. Air-Pods. Ear-Pods.

MacPod.

>They're literally pronounced like they're spelled. Air-Pods. Ear-Pods.
i understand that, i'm saying that "air" and "ear" are pronounced the same way where i live

no one gives a shit about scottish people.

They would have been better off calling it the iHome.

The "i" in their names has been attributed to various things over the years but "intelligent" and "innovative" would all fit well with "Home" in their product marketing and is literally a missed opportunity.

Their marketing department was asleep at the wheel.

What? First, iHome is an already trademarked name for the iPod docks made by another company. Secondly, i is reserved for their main product line, iPhone, iMac, iPad, iPod. They do not sell a single accessory that that starts with an 'i'. The HomePod is not a standalone device, it is an accessory to an iPhone. And, thirdly, the HomePod is a music-first device (anyone who calls it a smart speaker is retarded, since Siri is a useless twat and HomePod is positioned against Sonos anyway) whose name lines right up with Apple's expected branding: Home because it's a large speaker meant for a room in your house, and Pod because it's focused on music playback.

You forgot
>not even half of the features from the other ones
>the next generation will remove them so they can "catch up" with apple

>not having an voice enabled powerpoint

not even an applefag and it's obvious to me how much better iHome sounds over homepod

>iHome is an already trademarked name for the iPod docks made by another company.
that hasn't stopped them before

Did you even bother reading the rest of the post or are you just going to shitpost?

If that latter thing happens I'm gonna flip a biscuit. I wouldn't even be affected, but removeable batteries disappearing on phones was enough to give me ptsd reading that

e-yer-pod
aer-pod

HomePod should've been called the PadPod, a smart speaker for your pad (i.e. home)

I bet the one for Apple will have no replaceable batteries and even if you could, it would void the warranty, and it will cost more than all the other options.

consider suicide

they missed the chance to call it the iSpy

Echo is good if you like shopping on Amazon a lot, and trust Amazon voice recognition.

Google Home is good if you like asking random questions and already use Google's other services, like Calendar.

HomePod is good if you're rich, make use of Apple's other services, like Music, and want something that sounds a little fuller and has a flashy display on top, rather than LEDs.

Sonos is good if you like botspeakers but you want them to sound really good. For all other purposes it's an Echo.

Bose has yet to enter the race. B&O has yet to enter the race.

Fun fact, Bose are working on a solution with Alexa.

Source: I used to work there, and I'm no longer under the 12 month NDA.

>you will never be a kawaii nipponese grill
Why even live?

How do we travel back in time and put a bullet in Jobs' head while he's street shitting in India?

Home assistants don't have batteries for this to affect. I'm trying to think of ways apple can fuck this up though

>letting yourself be tracked in your own home
bugman