Threadripper is now for miners

>threadripper is now for miners
AAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMDDDDDDDDD STOP SELLING TO MINERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CAqu6jWx-L0
overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/can_you_make_money_using_threadripper_for_mining/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how? how could they possibly do that?
Its not a planned economy comrade.

Reminder: It's the retailers that raise prices and sell to miners.

monero

I got sick of waiting for the promised 1900X drop to $450 and went ahead and got mine for $480, feeling somewhat pissed.

Feeling a bit better now, though no less hateful towards miners in general.

it has mining sabotage operations enabled by default

get real, threadripper's always been for customers who can use it to turn a profit - being work or mining. Nobody's going to run out and buy a bunch of those to play games.

Of course.. given RAM and GPU prices it's pretty much pointless to use anything beyond a Praystation or XBox for games anyway.

They just sell to anyone willing to buy and since it's very good for mining the few CPU-only coins it's only natural that miners buy a pallet or two (ever wondered why there's so few GPUs in retail stores? Miners are bidding on the pallets).

youtube.com/watch?v=CAqu6jWx-L0

linus making linuscoin.
mine mine mine.

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/can_you_make_money_using_threadripper_for_mining/1

GPU, RAM and then CPU
ahahahha RIP PC industry

So what is being said is that Intel corelets united can't do anything else other than game on their desktop cpus whereas AMD users have other - currently viable - use cases for what would normally be cpu downtime?

Miner here. No more vidya for you hahahahahahahahahhahaha

>want a threadripper just cause
>can't justify it the cost over a r7 1700
>now have some justification
I'm OK with this.

Who plays games on a threadripper?

Nah, i'm fine with my g4560 with unpatched meltdown. Idgaf and it'll lasts around 5 more years before i change.

>tfw built a 1950X system just a few days ago to replace my aging 4770k
>mfw this news dropped

>company attempts to sell to whoever has the money
news at 11

I hate that faggot and his fan base so much

>mfw built it at the cheapest it has been since its release

>PC industry gets mining memes
>company makes tons of money off trend
>PC industry experiences highest sales in decades
>ahahahha RIP PC industry
???????

isnt that the guy who killed his family?

Yes.
STH even published an article about offsetting coalloc cost for EPYC servers by mining Monero.

wtf I hate AMD now

It's over, Intel is finished.

>tfw G4620 and 1050
Makes for a comfy linux setup with my two dumpster dive monitors. Games are overrated.

computers are dead.

Jokes on you I play on consoles.

if threadrippers sellout like amd's graphics cards, amd is gonna make bank

no, that's not bad at all.

AMD has announced to the shareholders, that they have capacity surplus (implying, even, that they have stockpiles of waffers)

If miner could buy out the thread ripper first gen, as that is the good prices, it would be wonderful for AMD, which could R&D ahead of intel, while the bitcoin dies off.

We get a new silicon Ryzen 2xxx that will not be affected. It doesn't not have the amount of L3 cache and throughput that makes Thread ripper interesting.

>1950x is $1200 where i live. after burger currency conversion

i think i'll settle for ryzen's best apu.

>intel figures out how to mine on threadripper
>drives up the price
>people start buying 7960

we win again