Is programmers really the niggers of tech?

Is programmers really the niggers of tech?

>types couple lines of text for a month
>earns more than a doctor

Don't bring Doug into this, you cunt

that pic is funny and im white, it's the polite "don't come near me darkie" smile

have you ever worked a programming job? Fitting a few lines of code into a program with hundreds of thousands of lines can be tough

Maybe if blacks socially ostracised thieves and criminals in their communities, like whites do.

how mad are you that you dropped out of your compsci degree

Are physicians really the niggers of medicine?
>check symptoms against checklist and write couple lines on precription for contracted product
>earn more than a people who actually work
Well if it's so easy why you're not programmer? sage

I'm sure there may be at least a few like me out there somewhere, but I'm working 18 hour days (and no, I'm not salty about it). Sure, I may be laying in bed for 10 hours a day I'm not at the office while I research, test, plan out, try out, abandon, start over, refactor, write, finalize, but its still demanding work and not anyone can do it.

Pretty sure some people at my work hate me now since I'm such a workaholic, but at least I'm getting shit done and I get nice bonuses for it too. Saving up for a ring.

>Are physicians really the niggers of medicine?
you try being around and diagnosing sick people all day every day nine to five.
then dealing with all the legal trouble because "drugs r illegal man" bullshit

>saving up for a ring

And there I was thinking you were actually smart. (Unless you meant it in an abstract sense, as in the costs for booting a separate family unit)

He's a goddamn national treasure.

it is our duty to procreate you dumb fuck

>Hire 4-6 physicians assistants
>Sign off on whatever scripts they write, making sure they're racking up lab fees (kickbacks)
>If you feel like it, poke your head in
>Profit immensely from overcharging insurance
Yes, most doctors are nigger tier

Even if it was, paying a shitton of money for a few grams of carbon and gold is pure stupidity.

The real money is in larceny.

Where do programmers earn more than doctors?

He's a limp wristed faggot who knows nothing about cars and consistently disrespects others property. Kys

kys

Shithole countries. Shithole lives are worth less than pajeet apps

Stay mad user,

wow you are so meta, teach us more

Are*

Are you supposed to smile at strangers at all in USA?

Not ever since LBJ introduced the Welfare program

If for some reason you make eye contact, yes. Either that or "the nod"

that's fucking stupid

>types couple lines of text for a month

You must only know shitty programmers.

Amazon?

>Bump into old school teacher
>He's ready to grill me about working at McDonalds or someshit because I was a retard through school
>"So user what are you doing with yourself these days? :-)"
>"Oh just programming, I've been working for X company writing their software etc."
>"Wow that's great, soon you'll be making more than we do."
>"Yeah well I'm just shy of 6 figures, but should be passed that in the next year or so."
>hfw

>implying teachers remember you

Unless you were a total cunt then

Small school with under 300 students, finished about 4 years ago.

Doug is the kind of guy who mines cryptocurrency with a 7900 GT.

>return
>return
>return
>up arrow
>ctrl+v
wow that was hard.

>earn more than a doctor
lel no

My aunt is a hs teacher, every time she stumbles into some ex student and they greet her she has to play along cause she can't remember who the fuck they are.
All those documentaries about famous people in which they interview their school teacher are fake as fuck and just ego wanking PR.

>write a few prescriptions a day
>earns more than a skilled programmer

I'm Indian and out of every race I've had the pleasure to interact with, whites seem to be the most superficial and rude (mostly behind your back). Most white children and even the average adults are super autistic and display a gross lack of intelligence except for the very rich ones.

you just still havent adapted to a superior culture. the only reason you feel comfortable around less sophisticated cultures is because they are more like your own

Get replaced by pajeet

Lol most poo in the loo lack social graces, have a stick (curry aura surrounding them), on the phone 1/2 the day, lazy & stupid.

or in my case in Australia
>programs for hours every day
>earns less than a nurse

>Saving up for a ring.
that should be 3 days wage at 18 hours per day.

Maybe you shouldn't squat mid-conversation and take a shit when talking to white people. Just a thought.

>My aunt is a hs teacher, every time she stumbles into some ex student and they greet her she has to play along cause she can't remember who the fuck they are.
objectively not true. Yeah, sure if you were that social awkward kid at the back of the class then yes. After 4 years my HS teachers still remember my name and don't remember theirs. a bit embarrassing really.

how many people were in your class and how many classes did the teachers manage?

from 20 to 30 in one class. And a number of managed classes varied a lot. Overall around 700 students in HS.
But that's not the point. I was a stand-out student for a few reasons. Even teachers I didn't have classes with were greeting with me when we met. You don't become accidentally famous if you were some brainlet fag in HS.

Shitholes where your average 4 year degree can earn more than a doctor

aka Poland, Romania, Bulgaria

The average programmer in my area makes about $150k starting but rent is about $2,000/mo, which with taxes and living expenses means they make less money than the average tradesman.

So no they aren't niggers, they're just retarded and will continue to be poor and exploitable until Trump turns the H1B program into an auction. But even then it will still take a few years, and as programming knowledge becomes more commonplace prices will continue to crash.

Seriously though, I don't know any programmers under 30 that aren't poor. All the people who profited did so decades ago and are now managers, who spend most of their time figuring out how to best automate their job so they can fire all the peons underneath them.

>unrestrained autism, retardation and superficiality is superiority
If that's superiority then thank God I'm not white

>lack social graces
Mostly Hindus are lower classes
>have a curry aura
Okay, make sense
>on the phone 1/2 the day
Absolutely retarded claim
>lazy & stupid
Patently false and the opposite is true. Laziness and profound stupidity is a trait amongst whites and blacks. Indians and other Asians in general are very hardworking

>doctor needs to use mri
>can't because software is not there
>doctor begs programmer to write a couple lines of text so the software works because without him he can't do work
>programmer sets high price because doctor is too dumb to write couple lines of text
>programmer earns more than a doctor

>150k a year
>Poor
what the fuck.

hello this is technology board
pls come back when you know wtf you are talking about, thank you

$150,000:

- 50,000 for taxes
- 36,000 for rent
- 10,000 for basic living expenses (food, utilities, fuel)
- 10,000 for student debt servicing
- 10,000 for child's college fund if applicable, or stocks
- 10,000 for car payments
- 10,000 for retirement
- 5,000 for tolls or mass transit fares

This leaves someone with only 10-20k profit every year, which is not enough to make a 100-200k downpayment on a house. As a result they cram themselves into tiny shared apartments where they can split their rent bills. But this rarely works because the landlord will just jack up his rates every other year as wages rise. So nobody makes any profit, except the homeowner (usually a boomer who doesn't even have a highschool diploma).

And this is the best case scenario. In most cases people only make a high wage their first year or so until their tech company merges, is bought out, or just outsources their job. They then accept a pay cut because they're old (usually mid twenties) and not exploitable like teenage interns are. Because ultimately those interns can do their job anyway, because their boss built better software that is easier for retards to use.

I went from $60k to $100k by switching jobs, then within 2 years I am now at $150k. During this time I have managed to buy a $400k house and put $80k down. Still paying the $1000/mo mortgage on my old house too since it hasn’t sold yet. I’ve taken my family on 4 vacations costing about $20k total. I have cancer and have hit the out of pocket max every year on my health insurance so that’s several thousand a year. I also have about $60k in cash right now, yeah some of this needs to be I invested.

I pay $400/mo for private preschool. I eat out most meals. I buy whatever tech I want within reason.

Point is I’m not poor at all, I’m fucking rich bro. It does help that I live in the Midwest where cost of living is cheap. $400k house is 3500sqft and this is an expensive area for the region. $400k can get you 5000sqft in some nearby areas.

>It does help that I live in the Midwest where cost of living is cheap.

See, there you go. Try buying a house in San Francisco or New York. That's where the average programmer lives, and it's why most of them are basically fucked as older people figure out how to make their positions irrelevant with better software.

If you do manage to buy and real estate keeps going up you can then move to the Midwest and live like a king. I have a coworker who paid $800k for a small SF house that’s now worth $1.5M, in like 6 years time. Dude could buy a 10000sqdt mansion in my neighborhood and still have a few hundred thousand left.

>>earns more than a doctor
Nice fucking meme, in another month, Sup Forums's gonna be parroting this despite not working in the only place that can even come close to the level of pay you're talking about, California.

Most people waste most of their money regardless of income.

>be me
>have PhD in computer science
>$300,000, starting

yes, but some people waste it on cars and extra houses while others waste it on their landlord and student debts

well, if your extra houses are actually rented out and earning you money...

exactly my point

>Is programmers really the niggers of tech?
>Is programmers
No, you is.

Money "represents" value. You have limited time on this planet and you spend significant amount of it to earn value.

Exchanging this value for something you dont need nor enjoy is pointless at best. Instead of paying for useless jewelry, spend it rather on functional things you will actually use (car, gpu) or experiences which makes life worth it (hoolidays, hooker, heroin).

Jewelry should be only symbolic anyway. If she needs gold and diamond to love you, what difference there is between her and regular prostitute?

It's the "i want to be nice to you but at the same time i don't fucking trust you look"

You are just jealous you are too stupid to get paid to write words in a text editor that make magic happen.

We earn so much because our skills are valuable. Someone would do it for cheaper if it were possible.

And we don't make as much as doctors

If it's that easy and earns a lot of money, why don't you just become a programmer then?

>like whites do

i make $25/hour

>>unrestrained autism, retardation and superficiality is superiority
>If that's superiority then thank God I'm not white
Good thing it isn't, you're just too much of a brainlet, brown boi

>36,000 for rent
>- 10,000 for basic living expenses (food, utilities, fuel)
so you have a food, a house with heating, water, a toilet, and a vehicle
>- 10,000 for student debt servicing
so you were able to get an education in a specific field
>- 10,000 for child's college fund if applicable, or stocks
so you can prepare for your children's futures so they can have a life better than your own
>- 10,000 for car payments
vehicle confirmed
>- 10,000 for retirement
your own future secured
>- 5,000 for tolls or mass transit fares
so you drive the fast way to work in relative luxury

How are you "poor" again? Sounds like you have everything.

*breaths in
I GET MINIMIUM WAGE TO WRITE EMBEDDED COMMUNICATION PROTOCALS AND USER FACING LIBRARIES AND DOCUMENTATION
EVEN WALMART RAISED THEIR MINIMUM WAGE TO HIGHER THAN MINE

And work unpaid overtime?

>(hoolidays, hooker, heroin).
ah, getting life advice from a low life is not really my cup of tea. birds of a feather flock together

sometimes but only when it strongly benefits me. mostly i work paid overtime, and i also receive bonuses for project completion.

i'm a lead programmer/embedded engineer at a small company. i'm also getting 20% of the profits from the device

>the house appreciates in value

good goy, it's the house, the improvement upon the land, that increases in value, not the land itself. buy city houses

time to quit, user

yes, quit, be out of a job, and let someone who's more enterprising take your job as side-income because they can do your job more efficiently

does illya get the period?

*breaths in
I GET MINIMIUM WAGE TO WRITE EMBEDDED COMMUNICATION PROTOCALS AND USER FACING LIBRARIES AND DOCUMENTATION
EVEN WALMART RAISED THEIR MINIMUM WAGE TO HIGHER THAN MINE

pretty sure her magical girl powers allow her to control ovulation

>>earns more than a doctor
lolno

t. embedded developer

hey look it's "don't study and work guy, you're just going to end up with zero dollars anyway" guy with his funny statistics again
>$150,000:
>- 50,000 for taxes
28% according to image you posted (42000), but probably some state taxes here.
>- 36,000 for rent
Where, and why if you are also paying for both a car and mass transit fares?
+18,000
>- 10,000 for basic living expenses (food, utilities, fuel)
pretty accurate assumption for social lifestyle
>- 10,000 for student debt servicing
lmao taking on debt before you even have an income. Should have started thinking about finances before moving to silicon valley.
+10,000
>- 10,000 for child's college fund if applicable, or stocks
what, now a child, too, while you're single, drowning in self-made debt and self-picked HCOL + fancy new car expenses? What next, your 3 cats are all perma-ill at the vet and your live-in step-dad steals 500$ a month to finance his drinking problem?
This model-life was designed for failure
+10,000
>- 10,000 for car payments
3,000 for a used Toyota in decent shape, once.
+7,000
>- 10,000 for retirement
401k contributions are tax-deferred (and usually employer-matched too)
+ 10,000
>- 5,000 for tolls or mass transit fares
the monthly fare for san fran underground is 80$. Not sure about tolls and not going to research that, i'll just assume you have some really angry ogres lurking on several bridges and let these 5k slide

oh look, we're left with 65k yearly savings

should have learned javascript and python lol

Where do I find a programmer job where I only need to write 2 LoC a month but make in the triple digits?

mfw this is the only nigga in the thread that gets it.

The real money is in embezzlement. The real ticket to PMITA prison is larceny.

>10,000 for car payments

Buy cheaper vehicles and keep more of your money. Pissing away cash on depreciating toys is not wise strategy.