Alright Sup Forums, what's the best free (as defined by Stallman) browser for android?

Alright Sup Forums, what's the best free (as defined by Stallman) browser for android?

>chromium
Works perfect, but only if you have a non-buggy version of it, which is often the case.
Also doens't come ungoogled, which means you are still part of the botnet.
Lacks extensions and advanced settings for customization
>chromium based
Same as above, although more stable depending on the browser
>firefox
Excellent extensions and customization, possible to tune it almost like desktop browser.
But websites are often notably sluggish compared to chromium based browser and sometimes lack some features, for example it's not possible to use options on google search such as specific time frame.
>anything else
Proprietary botnet, which I refuse to use.

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/repo/acr.browser.lightning_96.apk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Firefox and umatrix is the only answer

It would if FF wasn't so god damn slow with everything.

bump

Fdroid has IceCat mobile. I personally use fennec, also on fdroid, which is the latest Firefox build without blobs.

Stallman would not use a phone.

Iridium

This. I tried switching to Firefox on both computer and phone. It runs fine on Windows, but on Android it was unbearably slow for me.

Aren't both based on firefox, which means they are just as slow?
Checked. I would too, but unfortunately the world doesn't work without them nowadays.
not available on android

Chromium is the best deal on Android

These are the best android browsers

Fuck off pajeet

>stallman
IceCat for android, FDroid.
Fennec Browser, FDroid.
Firefox Klar, FDroid.

Firefox Klar (Focus with telemetry disabled) uses WebKit.

Google Ultron

Firefox Focus

BRAVE
R
A
V
E

Get a faster phone. My phone works fucking fine with Firefox

Waterfox is greqt but you need to dowload it on the official site.

i use JumpGo, the one from the play store
the one on f-droid is outdated

Then why is chromium fast and smooth while firefox isn't? Surely it must be my phone...

Works on my machine ;)

Yep, throw it in the trash, get a new one, else surrender to the botnet. (Alternatively, I think lightning browser is foss, maybe that'll work better for you, I don't fuckin' know)

Yes, your phone is shit. Download Lightning browser from fdroid's site f-droid.org/repo/acr.browser.lightning_96.apk

What's your phone? I noticed huge performance gains for Firefox switching to a new device, unfortunately it doesn't play nice with old devices but it's amazing if you have a recent phone.

What's better between Brave and Firefox? On Android

brave but I still use chrome because muh sync

Brave is botnet just like Chrome

Firefox. Install uBlock Origin on it and enable all filters under "ads".

FIREFOX
>sync on
>ublock on
>stylish on
what else is there?

>and enable all filters under "ads"
nah man it'll eat your battery, easy list is all you need, keep it on autoupdate and you'll be fine

Icecat is fine, but I don't think Stallman even uses a web browser.

>eat up battery
>uBlock Origin
Wat

Because Firefox mobile is garbage, even /r/Firefox complains about it
Chromium based is the only way to go

those filters will increase cpu usage and eat your battery, moron

What does he use then?

There will be no significant performance degradation, retard. This isn't adblock+. The filters under "ads" are most important, might as well not even use uBlock if you don't block ads and tracking.

Naked browser

adding a filter with 15.000 will show on an android phone you cretin, battery wise not performance .

>as defined by Stallman
Don't care about him. Via is the best browser, but it might be soon dethroned by Yuzu. Other browsers aren't even trying.

And Yuzu is open source by the way.

>being a batterylet

>being a fagget

kys freetard

I was going to ask if there's a better(even faster) alternative to lightning.

No. It uses WebKit. Anything that uses WebKit is basically fastest on android. The only way to get more speed is to render websites on your computer and relay them back to your android, the way Puffin Browser works. But Puffin itself is malware so you'd really need to make your own puffin-like browser for this.

>willingly using software that robs of your freedom and digitally handcuffs you and then paying for it

>make my own render proxy
I might actually look into this. Thanks for the suggestion.

>Via is the best browser, but it might be soon dethroned by Yuzu
Can I get a quick rundown?

Via has the most convenient and good-looking UI and more features than most other browsers, Yuzu has an insane amount of settings and features, but defaults kinda suck.

>both under 2mb
Stop using webview skins

Why? It's the best engine.

Thanks, I'm gonna try out Yuzu for a few days.