SAY NO TO PHYSICAL BUTTONS

When will we get a smartphone with NO physical buttons? They just get in the way, are an entry point for water to get through and add weight to the device. No power button, no volume buttons and no home buttons. The touchscreen or application can be easily used to adjust volume already. They should build advanced power menu options in without root by default. Screen can be activated by double tap. A pinhole hard reset could be used in case of a lockup (or better yet a removable battery!). Your headphones should have a volume rocker on them already. If you need physical buttons you're a casual.

metaphysical buttons? I don't want any, I have a few imaginery friends already.

>physical buttons? They just get in the way, are an entry point for water to get through

>pinhole hard reset

>no power button
and how are you going to start up your phone you dumb fuck?
3/10 made me reply

the phone automagically turns on unless you remove the battery. but okay fine you could have your stupid power button just make it a fingerprint sensor/power button combo.

You pay $9.99 at Apple Store to start up your phone

the pinehole could have an airtight door/cover and the button itself a rubber seal so it would be virtually impossible for water to seep in

Say no to faggots like OP and consider a qwerty phone.

blackberry shill pls go

Stay mad fag

t. blackberry employee

Why would I want less physical buttons than what I already have?

ah... like a botnet got it, this is a nice use of AI

>When will we get a smartphone with NO physical buttons?

fpbp

My phone doesn't have any. Though it's only because it got out due to my negligence and now I'm using the long press fingerprint sensor as power button to make my phone sleep. Although i search for a Pointy pin or matchsticks to switch on my phone every time my battery dies

>buttons add weight to the device
Can your weak neet hands not handle the micrograms added on by physical buttons?

finger strength and endurance are two different things my dumb frind. I have excellent finger strength and dexterity but yes those extra mg's do add up over the course of 10 hours. it's more strenuous than typing all day.

I agree that there's no point in having one home, but volume keys and power button are musts. I like the concept of physical buttons but in execution they are all hot garbage. The phones that DO have physical keyboards are few and far between with horrible drawbacks that make them unsuitable for being anything more than a novelty (e.g., most of them are all old as shit, Droid 4 being one of the newest with a slide out keyboard, the Priv and Keyone suck balls, etc.)

Plus, there's hardly any software that takes advantage of the physical buttons and they serve more as a hinderance half the time. If software support was good, I'm sure we'd see more physical keyboard phones but it's a vicious circle that won't be broken. Plus, physical home buttons like the iphone's have a tendency to break, making them a massive point of failure whereas softkeys don't have such a problem.

Oh you mean like a button?

so clever i forgot to think

I'd agree power is a must but volume keys aren't. Just because some people think they're useful doesn't make them a must. The on screen volume slider and in app volume controls work just fine for me.

>get a phone call
>put phone up to ear
>too loud or too quiet

>"hang on"
>take phone away from ear
>drag volume slider
>"ok, continue"

or

>just miss what they're saying for a second

Motorola finger print multi button works really well, on screen buttons just wastes screen space when you have that.

A capacitive slider on the side of the phone would be neat for volume.

i bet you want a dedicated physical speakerphone button too you silly faggot. you don't need physical volume buttons.

have you ever used pie controls before? hiding buttons is a thing.

you don't need a phone either

it's not a phone it's a portable web browser

Just rub your dick on the screen

what did you do to become this retarded?

>wants to get rid of tiny, easily sealed opening for physical buttons
>wants to add huge, harder to seal opening for removable battery

>pinhole reset
Okay, what am I going to poke in here? Most users will use a pin, but that will probably poke a little hole in the seal under it. Use a normal button and you can have a simple membrane seal under the button. The seal attaches to the shell so it can be completely watertight. Button cap pushes on seal, seal presses actual button on the board.

This is how normal water resistant phones work now.

nah, never used it

>>entry point for water
user you're an idiot. I could use my galaxy s active in a goddamn pool, UNDERWATER. I was able to take underwater pictures with it too. This was possible because the phone had physical buttons. Touchscreens don't work underwater, but physical buttons still do. Buttons you can basically put a rubber condom over them and they'll work just fine. No what you really have to worry about for entry points for water are the electrical plugs and the battery holder.(If your phone doesn't have a removable battery you shouldn't be here)

We need to start designing phones for the water world future which is gonna happen after all the icecaps melt. A number of major cities are gonna get flooded. People will still need to use phones in these new underwater cities. We'll need to use electrical connectors like those used on submarines and use sonar rather than radiowaves. OH and bring back physical keyboards, cause touchscreens don't work underwater.