Upgrading RAM before:

Upgrading RAM before:
>take out DIMM
>put in new one you bought at the store

Upgrading RAM now:
>require soldering tools, have to look up circuit boards, mess around with capacitors, etc. to carefully remove the old RAM chips and put in specific models you had to order online or scavenged yourself from broken laptops

What happened, Sup Forums? I thought technology was supposed to get more user-friendly.

You bought an ultrabook, that's why. There's still laptops around with removable dimms, you just have to buy one.

>What happened, Sup Forums?

>laptops

But stupid go- I mean, beloved consumer; don't you want your laptop to be Thinner™ and Lighter®? Obviously you do! Isn't the fact that our non-upgra--- err, I mean, Power-Optimized™ machines keep selling like hotcakes enough proof for you?!

No one needs more than 16GB of RAM on a laptop.

Apparently Microsoft requires soldered RAM for connected standby, supposedly as a security thing to prevent cold boot attacks.

That's true now, but I may need more later, and I may not realize I need as much as I do when I buy it. And I used to be able to buy a cheaper laptop that had everything I needed except having not enough RAM, then stick some spare RAM I already have in it.

Wrong.

You bought a meme, not a laptop.

> gaming laptop

Yeah, it sucks. It's become more important than ever to splurge up front when purchasing a laptop.

> having anything other than a shitposter toaster thinkpad for a laptop

You deserve it.

>tfw the next thinkpad will have soldered ram in it

The death of an era

just buy chips with a higher order (like 8M x 16 instead of 4M x 16) than currently on-board. don't have to worry about pins, about caps, or anything else. exact same electrical properties.

$1700 isn't too bad given that the RAM alone costs $1000

>No one needs more than 16GB of RAM on a laptop.

until you need it.

either get a desktop replacement or you get a chrome book, there is no use for anything in the middle.

I wish that was true.
Im looking for a 4c/8t laptop w/ 32 GB RAM for virtualization that I can take on site and not look like a tool with an 18" gaymer machine.

see

See >not look like a tool with an 18" gaymer machine.

That's the most discrete high specced at reasonable price laptop out there you fucking retard.

>My opinions are always right. Idc if the other user doesn't want an 18" laptop, I'll just insist it's still what they want and call them names!

>pure black with a simple text logo
>no leds
>no red accents
>no weird shape chassis

>LE GAYMER MACHINE BECAUSE EVGA

Fuck off with your shitty meme faggot.

(You)

you bought a piece of shit, idiot

/Thread
Sage

It did. Now you just throw shit away because average consumer resource needs are actually quite low if you use your desktop computer for desktop computer things. Why waste space on upgradeability when there is an audience to cater to that doesn't care?

>upgrading anything
You're supposed to throw it out every 2 years

Sup Forums really shouldn't have a problem with bga

It's almost like you're a bunch of faggot teenagers studying to make iphone apps

Doesn't this bring up the true sprits of enthusiasts?

You should be asking yourself why you are not considering 6c12t intel coffee lake laptops

Sauce? Why would you post that image without a youtube link?

Thinkpad P50 or P51. I love my P50.

>hp laptops dont have soldered RAM
God bless our HP overlord and its laptop mobos and printers

resoldering BGA is very fucking easy with the correct tools

>not doing your research before buying a laptop
What kind of dumbass even gets themselves into this situation and then doesn't know their machines capabilities?

MBP

An increase in Semitism without a corresponding increase in countersemitism. Supply side has been steadily increasing its willingness to fuck over their customers. Demand side has been steadily decreasing its intelligence.

You and cucks like you fell for ultrabook meme apple started. Enjoy your disposable laptops.

its a well known fact that the human eye cannot see more than 16gb ram

> 640k ought to be enough for anybody.
But really now i want to get a w520 and max our the ram.

>What happened

proprietary software isn't our only enemy

>4k
>1070
Fucking cancer.

>that image
I kek'd.

Hahahaha, it's literally 18" wtf who would use that for offsite work

download more

muh Thinnn (tm)

>using a laptop for real computing