/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

>for Linux related stuff READ THE STICKY FIRST GOOGLE BEFORE POSTING

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any retards creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48234
techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17648/
raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point.md#internet-sharing
pastehttps://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point.md#internet-sharingbin.com/A5fT6Ppy
youtube.com/watch?v=jKc51mSpbLs
drivers.softpedia.com/get/JOYSTICK-GAMEPAD-WHEELS-and-TABLETS/MICROSOFT/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Controller-Driver.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

attached picture is my motherboard, are those small slots in the top left slots for an nvme ssd?

It literally says PCIE X1

well guess what i know nothing about pc building
does that mean it'll fit or nah

Not hi but:
No user, NVMe didn't even exist when Z75 motherboards were a thing.
Also that is a low end motherboard.

You could buy an adapter but you need PCIe X4 for it, which you don't have unless you have the X16 slot free.

Still your motherboard is so old you are better getting a SATA SSD.

Is Iridium or ungoogled-Chromium still being updated and worked on?

How do you deal with depression after messing with something for 4-6 hours only for it to not work in the end?

If I wanted to use a computer purely to watch movies and tv shows what would be the cheapest graphics card capable of playing shit at 4k on a 65 inch screen?

Just get a $150 mini pc, they're perfectly capable of doing what you want.

Any computer with a recent GPU/IGPU can do it.

get an android tv box or chromecast, make sure it says it supports 4k.

you tell us what didn't work and we'll tell you how to fix it or why you just wasted 4-6 hours

A bricked GTX 960 i got from a friend for free, even with the correct BIOS it doesn't work.

So im trying to run simplednscrypt on win10 and I get pic related. The thing is that windows update says my shit is already updated and the link there only offers versions for win 8.1 and lower, not win10.
what do

have you tried taking it to a computer repair store?
i bricked my phone multiple times and i spent days on end trying to fix it, took it to the store and got it fixed in under an hour every time.

But a bricked phone is easy, you just reflash it and that is it.
You cant just reflash BIOS of a GPU and expect it to work again.

Get a Mini PC

I did that with an 295x2 that I fucked up and flashed the wrong bios
I just needed another gpu to get video to do it

How much ram do you u have

You need to bake it in the oven to reset the board.

16gb, there shouldn't be a problem

Is hardware acceleration on?

Have you tried another browser yet?

Did you download this?
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48234

I tried turning it off already but it didn't help
Yeah and I get the same problem, haven't tried Chrome though but I don't want to use it

does ecl emma do edge coverage,node coverage, condition or branch coverage?

I am trying to install and use an Xbox One controller on a Windows 7 PC. The controller works just fine on a Windows 8.1 PC, but when I try it on my Win 7 PC it doesn't seem to work. The same driver is installed on both computers (it comes up as "Xbox Gaming Device" on both), and when I plug the controller in the 8.1 PC the light comes on and rumbles, which also means it works in game. When I plug it into the Win 7 PC, it doesn't do anything. I've searched far and wide for a solution but nothing seems to have helped, perhaps someone here will have the solution.

Try a different USB slot

I already know how to quickly resize an image using ffmpeg with
ffmpeg -i input.jpg -vf scale=-1:100 output.png
but I'm a bit lost on how to do the same with multiple images in a folder at once(possibly creating the outputs either in the same folder without replacing the files, or in a subfolder inside the original folder), still using ffmpeg, help?

I've tried that, but not with every USB slot. Another thing I should notice is that in device manager, the "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" device shows up whenever it's plugged in, and when I unplug it it disappears. Failing that, what other suggestions do you have?

Check controller settings.

Yes but everything inside is for 8.1 and lower
Not windows 10 which is super weird because it says "windows 10 crt blabla" in the dl page

Why is /sqt/ so fast?

I'd check the BIOS for any sort of USB port settings that could be causing problems, though that's admittedly not very likely. Maybe even try removing the driver, plugging it in, and seeing if it comes on?

How do I go about doing that? Googling brings up calibration and troubleshooting, so I'm guessing either?

High energy

I'e uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, and so on numerous times. Perhaps this will help.

>plug in xbone controller
>windows says it's installing a driver
>windows says driver installation failed
>go to device manager and uninstall the non working driver
>download xbone controller driver from techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17648/
>apparently microsoft deleted their own drivers for whatever reason
>install it
>unplug controller, and then plug it back in
>"microsoft xbox one controller" shows up in device manager
>on win 8.1, controller vibrates and blinks, indicating it's ready to go
>it does nothing on windows 7

anyone?

I just installed Ubuntu on an SSD on my Laptop and I want to know how to get it to dual-boot with my windows m2 SSD.

I can't figure out how to get the Grub bootloader to recognize the windows boot sector on the m2 SSD and all of the options I've found via google don't seem to help.

I currently have to swap between booting from UEFI for my m2 SSD (windows) and Legacy to get to Ubuntu. Is there something I am missing or some particular thing I should be looking up that I'm not?

What version of Windows? With Windows 10 I had to install that first because Windows would kill Grub during install

>a bricked phone is easy
in many cases, yes. but in one case i fucked over my phone so hard that i couldn't boot it into fastboot at all, thus couldn't install twrp, i didn't have any other recovery installed (not even stock), so i literally couldn't do anything. repair shop still got it up and running

I've fucked myself. Just got done cloning a HDD onto a SSD with Acronis. Initially booted off of SSD to test it out. It worked fine, except a few programs didn't like the fact that it didn't have the 'C' drive designation. The original C drive was connected at the time.

I figured I'd unplug the C drive and try changing the designation from within the SSD. Second boot didn't go so well and stopped while loading the Windows logon bit. Also tried to default back to the HDD for booting and it runs into W10 startup repair, refusing to transition onto the desktop.

Is there a way that I can fix this via the SSD and not worry about the original HDD? If all else fails, is recovering the data off HDD an option so I can just make a new copy onto the SSD? The HDD has little to no free space remaining, so reinstalling Windows 10 via startup repair is an issue (to my knowledge it puts all the old W10 files into a '.windowsold' folder).

Just wanted to know if anyone has encountered this before while transferring HDD-> SSD and knows how to solve. I'm competent to be able to fresh-install W10 onto SSD if all else fails.

It's Win10, was already installed before Ubuntu because I read during install the Grub loader can sometimes pick up the Windows install and automatically configure itself to dual-boot, but didn't have any success with that.

Uninstall the Windows Update KB3004394

Can someone recommend me a good video trimmer that keeps the video's original quality intact?

If some wizard can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
QRD:
> Trying to set up headless raspberry pi3
> Things seem to be going okay
> Try to ssh into pi
> Connection to closed by remote host
> wtf
> ask google and IRC
> following this guide raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point.md#internet-sharing
> Reboot my Linux laptop
> Try ssh -vv pi@
> This is what comes out pastehttps://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point.md#internet-sharingbin.com/A5fT6Ppy
> mfw I have no face
I have no idea what is going on, only that I can't access the pi

Is the ASUS BC-12B1ST a good bluray drive?

Is there anything better in the same price range?

Now that TBB will have to build on Firefox 60 ESR will they continue to use NoScript or will they replace it (and with what) ?

I just went to try, but apparently that update was not on my computer.

You shouldn't need to reboot your laptop. How are you connecting to the Pi? Directly over ethernet?

Generally, how important are recommended packages?

Try these steps:
Right click on Computer
Go to Properties
Click on Device Manager
Right click on the Unidentified Device
Go to Properties
Go to the Drive tab
Click on Update Driver…
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Windows Common Controller for Window Class
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
Update Driver Warning
Click Yes

Pretty important since not having certain packages can break functionality for that software

How relevant is the vram difference between 3 and 6 gb gtx 1060?

Okay. I tried that but nothing worked. My computer doesn't have that wireless driver on it, so I had to download it, extract it into a folder, and point windows to it. When it was indentified as an "Xbox Gaming Device", it said that the existing driver was up to date, when I uninstalled that driver and decided to try it as an unknown controller, windows tells me that "no driver was found" and couldn't force install it.

Hard to say. I'm not sure what else to tell you at this point, unfortunately. Maybe upgrade your computer?

That's a good point. Can I upgrade it to Windows 10 and keep what's already on the computer? I'm sure drivers and Windows updates would have to be updated and some would be obsolete, plus I've read that fresh installs are better than upgrades. But is an upgrade feasible?

Yeah, likely. You'll have to reinstall your programs, but your files should remain untouched. Though, I'd probably just copy all of those off to a temporary drive, format (or get a new drive depending on age/size), install, then restore.

Same happened to me when I bought a cheap rock candy controller. I had to go through hoops just to get it to work. you could try re downloading xbox one controller drivers try 64 bit but if that doesn't work try 32 bit.

Do any of you guys have experience with the FX series of asus laptops? How are they?

I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Funny you say that, as it's actually a rock candy controller. It works fine on Win 8.1, it's just 7 giving me a hard time. What else did you do?

Sorry i'm not really a tech expert, but I followed a few videos for it. youtube.com/watch?v=jKc51mSpbLs and major nelson had a win7 xboxone driver but it has since been removed drivers.softpedia.com/get/JOYSTICK-GAMEPAD-WHEELS-and-TABLETS/MICROSOFT/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Controller-Driver.shtml this is where I downloaded mine. now I have to say i don't know if this will work for you but I hope it does.

They're things you should at least read the description of to see if you need them. Like using pip without a venv is probably a bad idea, and venv is probably in one of those packages.

I tried using an x86 driver but it always kept popping up with an error (the program has stopped). So I guess I'm screwed.

Sorry to hear that user, have you tried restarting your computer. with the controller unplugged and plugging it back in when everything is booted back up

I have a laptop that uses a 4GB DDR3-1066 stick, with one spare port. Can I use an 8GB DDR3L-1600 in that slot?

Once I saw a RAM array that connected to PCIe could be used as storage device, what are they called?

Why doesn't KDE connect let me transfer files between my T470 and desktop

Nope, just tried it to no avail. Either getting a new controller or upgrading to a newer version of Windows will be necessary.

I have a beard just for the bf's enjoyment. How do I make it look gay so people don't think I'm an anxious tryhard str8boi?

Does imageboards uses a database?

I have a Silverstone MS09

If I put a drive in it, at what speed will it operate?

Silverstone product page says USB 3.1 Gen 2

Product pages on drives from the likes of Samsung, ADATA, WD and Crucial typically list speeds on SATA III interface

Do I specifically have to get a m.2 drive for PCIE to get full USB 3.1 Gen 2 speeds?

All imageboard softwares I've deployed use a database. One had the option of flat files.

Pls respawn

Why does my cat hate taking baths?

It's unnecessary and even harmful.

Is it difficult to build a imageboard from scratch?

But I don't want my cat to get dirty

No, you just set up a webserver and put the software on it. But no one will use your imageboard, not even your real life friends. It can be a worthwhile learning experience, at least.

They're self cleaning (and so are humans but don't let them learn that)

Ok I got a challenge for you faggots:
I got three hdd
Two are on raid mode, the other one is on ahci
I swap between these two to use different OSs (I tried dual boot and it fucking sucks, broken partitions everytime)
How can I swap between them having to physically unplug/plug these things?
So far I'm doing that but it's quite annoying

What's the best site for downloading music in .flac format?

A hard drive I've been using for 3 years suddenly became inaccessible and needed to be formatted to be used again. After formatting it still works. Should I replace it anyway?

Geek uninstalls and removes all traces of installed programs, but what about programs that were uninstalled and had their folders left behind before Geek?

Uhhh so what do I do in light of the spectre and meltdown intel shit? Running debian.

Did dell announce an update to the xps 15? thinking of getting the upgraded version (hoping for better pci lanes on the thunder bolt)

Just got windows10, how do I stop it from snooping around to much?

>hosts file won't accept wildcards
>I could easily turn off an extesion/add-on dealing with blocking sites
>can't filter sites straight in router's configuration because its OS is fucking modified by my ISP and doesn't work for shit

how can I easily block, without using an extension/add-on or pihole, many time consuming sites I visit so I can be more focused? I literally can't finish anything I start in my life

It seems that python3-venv wasn't included, but thanks for the heads up

When I see an instruction and it has a throughput of "0.5" what does that mean and how does that relate to the number of "units" a processor has?

Ex, some processors on intel's website states that it has 2 FMA units but I'm not sure what that means.

Does that mean across all 2 or 4 cores of the processor, they all share a pool of 2 fused-multiply-add units so at any given moment only 2 FMA instructions can be done at once?

is there a simple way to check the size/content of a website? Let's say we have a Webmaster, and this Webmasters owns www.webmaster.com, and Webmaster has uploaded several flac music files onto www.webmaster.com. Webmaster knows the total size and index of www.webmaster.com is around ~3GB. Now forget Webmaster, now, we have a internet surfer named Jon. Jon opened up Firefox and typed www.webmaster.com into the url search and pressed enter on his keyboard. Jon sees that Webmaster has a few flac songs on the site. Jon wants to use wget or some other program to download or index www.webmaster.com instead of manually downloading each song. Jon's computer disk space is only 1024MB. How can Jon check to see what total index or mirror of www.webmaster.com would be?

>Reposting because of shit Android Touch Screen. Sincerely, Jon.
is there a simple way to check the size/content of a website?

Let's say we have a Webmaster, and this Webmasters owns www.webmaster.com, and Webmaster has uploaded several flac music files onto www.webmaster.com. Webmaster knows the total size and index of www.webmaster.com is around ~3GB. Now forget Webmaster, now, we have a internet surfer named Jon. Jon opened up Firefox and typed www.webmaster.com into the url search and pressed enter on his keyboard. Jon sees that Webmaster has a few flac songs on the site. Jon wants to use wget or some other program to download or index www.webmaster.com instead of manually downloading each song. Jon's computer disk space is only 1024MB. How can Jon check to see what total index or mirror of www.webmaster.com would be?

Developers of Sup Forums why is mac and ios better than windows 10 and linux for developing software? Isn't unity and unreal engine better supported on Windows for superior graphics and customisable specs (》 32 gb ram, dddr4/5 ram, top tier ssds and wifi capability, best in class gpu use, latest get i7 or threadripper use??)

Keep getting this message when trying to play my virtual disk.

Any idea?

just reinstall or repair vmware(tm)

What the fuck are you on about? Nothing you said makes sense. Software !== Games you fool. Reform your question and ask us what you actually want to do. Because as it stands different platforms are going to be better for different types of programming.

could i in theory use a female eSATA to male SATA connector in a laptop for the use of a flash drive as the primary drive instead of a hard drive

Stupid question.
Is anyone able to install the Evolve 1.0 Client, make an account and log into it? I get a barrage of maintenance messages but the status is normal according to their site, and on my network connections the Evolve adapter is shown as "Network Cable Unplugged". Same with another computer device so no idea if it's my own internet or if this problem is happening with everyone else...

Are you saying you have a flash drive that plugs into SATA? If so go ahead.