Why does Sup Forums hate XFCE? It's a lightweight clean alternative to GNOME or KDE

Why does Sup Forums hate XFCE? It's a lightweight clean alternative to GNOME or KDE.

Other urls found in this thread:

pkgstats.archlinux.de/fun
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LXDE is better, more lightweight and less buggy

I'm using XFCE right now

DEs are bloat

Ppl install it, get screen tearing and uninstall it. Don't get me wrong, I like xfce, but it needs a compositor.

You mean people too stupid to install a compositor or enable the tear-free option in their graphics card

I have no idea what XFCE is or does sorry.

>anything GTK
>lightweight
Just install Lumina already, OP!

>lightweight
no
>clean
no
>alternative
no

kek

Yikes. this looks terrible but since it's qt I'm sure it's compatible with kde themes

Niggers, it's called "Gnome", "Xfce" and "KDE".

Whenever I've tried Xfce, it's seemed like an incredibly ugly, primitive, basic piece of shit. I can understand people running it on like old shitty laptops from decades ago, but on a current system I just don't see it. It looks so fucking ugly and basic.

Xfeces*

>he can't into ricing

That screenshot is from old ass version 1.2, user. Lumina is on version 1.4 now.

xfce has a compositor. it's built in even. its just disabled by default. it also isn't shitty like it used to be and does everything it needs to.

It sure didn't change much

BLOAT
L
O
A
T

use openbox fgt

It should come with compton preinstalled, the default compositor is shit.

XFCE is the standard Linux desktop

GNU/Linux*. Linux is a kernel.

Sure, but we're referring to Linux as the operating system ITT. Words can have two meanings, you know.

Show me a video recording of a beautiful Xfce desktop and I might be convinced. Specifically a video because of animations and rollover effects and such that aren't captured in a screenshot.

What if I'm not using GNU software?

it seems like Sup Forums finds a topic it likes to speak about for approx a week and then does it to death.

We've had this thread probably 10 times in different forms.

Is it time to leave Sup Forums forever?

why not just lxde or weston

Like Android?

Linux is still just a kernel.

No, a normal Linux distro, but without GNU software.

Sure, but I was referring to Linux as the operating system. Words can have two meanings, you know.

i assume you're being facetious and are aware that xfce has no built in animations

because if you're running a modern desktop you have more than enough resources to use a real de, and if you're running an old laptop you should be using a wm.
the middle ground where xfce is applicable is incredibly small compared to the other 2.

>10 times
In the past week, maybe. If I had a nickel for every time we've had this thread since I've been here I'd have a hefty coin pouch.

I like it
Gnome feels like a new-age speak and spell
KDE and their plasmoid bullshit or whatever its called is objectively awful
Then again I don't consume soy products so it's no surprise

I wasn't, but in that case it's impossible to have a beautiful and modern looking Xfce desktop.

Why do you need alternative to KDE?

XFce > KDE

(((modern)))

fpbp

>animations
nah

also no one wants to do any of that shit for you

I don't get this meme.

LXQt > Lumina

Xfce and xfwm highly customizable. If you i3/bspwm dick sucker and can’t customize xfce in minimalism it’s only your problems.

I have xfce like bspwm with clickable menu that you cannot do in tilling wm

gnome developer ignorantly told transmission developer to drop support for the system tray because gnome won't have that anymore. when transmission dev told him to give good reasons why he should remove good functionality only for gnome users and harm xfce/everyone else, the gnome dev arrogantly responded that he didn't know what xfce was.

fuck gnome, fuck gnome devs

Even things like grep are GNU software

Transmission still supports app indicator, so gnome devs got BTFO'd in this case.

because lxqt and lumina exist

A fucking rat?!

I thought that XFCE was one of the least hated DEs around here.
That bring said, just use a tiling WM.

I love XFCE, 300mb ram usage is perfect for ramlets like me.

pkgstats.archlinux.de/fun

who id dis qt and why she has keys for my pants

Because KDE closed the gap so much on RAM usage that there's no point in Xfce anymore

Xfce has a better UX and is more functional and easy to use. LXDE is shit.

>ugly
Install ChaletOS or ZorinOS, you baby.

LXQt is garbage. It's actually heavier than KDE.

...said no one, ever

It's GNOME according to gnome.org you retard

Newfags cancer hate XFCE, Sup Forums does not hate it.

>GNOME more popular than Xfce
>Thunar more popular than Nautilus

I have no idea what GNOME is or does sorry

It looks pretty nice. Where is the catch?

>over 300mb
>light
What happened to xfce?

It's keeping up with modern standards.

You can get KDE to that level if you disable some background services.

No thumbnail filepicker.

I see.
GNOME can fuck itself in the ass and kill itself. It's the worst environment I've ever seen.