Microsoft reveals Office 2019 will only run on Windows 10 PCs

Better start upgrading, bucko
>techspot.com/news/73083-microsoft-reveals-office-2019-only-run-windows-10.html
>blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2018/02/01/changes-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Other urls found in this thread:

portableapps.com/apps/development/gvim_portable
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw I'm not an office drone wagecuck
>tfw I'll never have to use Office anymore

feels fucking good lads

> having a job is a bad thing

The absolute state of Sup Forums

Office is shit, but selling it to retards is solid cashflow

So?

At my company we still run Office 2010.

By the time we upgrade office, Windows 12 will be out.

Libreoffice my man.

Same, worked for state for a few months. They still used 2010.

You don't NEED office 19 anyway if you are running 07 or later.
And if you actually do need it, chances are you are already running 10

Any version of MS Office past 2010 is absolute garbage. It’s not even worth your time pirating it, those twenty or so minutes that it takes to do it, let alone paying for it. Office 2019 is just going to be more of the same trash, only with more “cloud” in it.

>being a slave to pajeet malware is a good thing

I'm still on Office 2016 and i still haven't used all its functionality yet

Microsoft Office is cringe, real nibbas use LaTeX B|

lol

>Microsoft Office 2020
>cracked by KMS PICO

2013 wasn't bad. Honestly I found it alot better then 2010. 2016 is a bit more fine turned but has some stability issues.

MS just needs to unfuck Outlook and I'll be happy. Every single fucking time it does anything, it locks up until it's done.

Both 2013 and 2016 are trash. Garbage UI and cloud botnet all over the place.

2010 has the shit UI, as well as 07. 03 was the last truly great version of office.

>ukraine
Lol
Windows 7 confirmed trash and only used by 3rd world

WHen you're supporting 30 companies and hundreds of employees, you thank christ for the cloud cause users couldn't manage their own data to save their life.

Complaining about botnet in software by the creator of windows that runs only on windows is pretty dumb user

2016's UI is perfect.

2003 was the last good microsoft office
2007/2010 were usable
2013 was shit as they started implementing basic botnet and microsoft account intergration.
2016 is just complete whorseshit: botnet, requires constant internet access, reqiures microsoft account, ads, cryptominer built in, and other jewshit

Microsoft office 2k was the best microsoft office

Got office 2016 legally with the phone activiation trick

I agree,there is currently no worse word processor.
A fucking notepad is more intuitive and faster to work with.
Installer Libre Office and I ill be using that from now on.

>2016 require internet access and microsoft account
Lol bullshit

You're soon to be completely replaced by that cloud, fyi.

What enterprise tier idiotfest still involves Microsoft Office?

ofc notepad is faster and more intuitive, as there is only one thing you can do on it, and it's lightweight because there's only 1 thing you can do on it

I think its for One Drive? cloud thing but it is not required to make an account.

It's how you can tell the people who only ever got Office via their university, which does require that.

The joy is an MSP is that the cloud needs to be maintained as well as user computers.

The end game is to maintain the cloud itself

have you ever had a job user?

My dude,managing 18 word documents from 20 people each with a different Word version is real nightmare in the latest word version.
I recently have been through this and the compatibility inconsistencies are unbelievable.

Good for you, I guess.
Personally, I'm moving away from all this dumbed down normiecore botnet.
In a few years I'm about to be financially independent and hopefully I'll never have to touch Microsoft software again.

2013/2016 are also slower. They literally take longer than LibreOffice to start now.

Why people use Microsoft Office?
Why not vim? I don’t understand.

Yeah It's for One Drive & also for the subscription one (Officie 365)

I have Officie 2016 standard on my PC, it doesn't require internet connections or MS account. Are you talking about Office 365?

>responding to worldwide data with Ukraine
Nice bait

is vim on Windows?
If it is I will switch to it.

>Why people use Microsoft Office?
Because "everybody else" does.
Because MS is shilling it hard already in primary schools.
Because that's all they know.
Because they think they need it.

No, I'm talking about Office 2016 as provided via universities. Microsoft requires that (1) you sign up for an account with your institution's e-mail address, (2) signing in again every approx. six months so that they can check if you're really still a student.

Retail versions do not have this restriction. That's why I said you can spot the underageb& and nearly underageb& easily.

You must be mentally challenged if you don't understand.

Weird
My college in europe also have Office 2016 and it doesn't have that.

I blame the fucktards who run out of date, out of support OSes with security holes up the wazoo, running botnets.

This is the long game by microsoft to stymie the botnets in use by skiddies.

The only thing I hate in 2013 and 2016 is this meme screen. I heard you can disable it but I've never bothered.

>I blame the fucktards who run out of date, out of support OSes with security holes up the wazoo, running botnets.
They were like that when purchased new. All the security holes, and botnets. From day 1; they were there, they didn't appear through use.
Now try to imagine what sort of unpleasant surprises lay, waiting to be discovered, in your "new" OS.
"Debugging is the process of removing bugs from software.
The process of inserting them in the first place is called programming".
Mike Cowlishaw, the inventor of REXX.

>mfw I've come to term with death and rather use Lotus Notes for email than Outlook
How hard can it be to make a functional mailclient?

I would assume as hard as making a functional browser for android.

it does,i have free ms office because of my uni and it is,always have to be online.

>there are pajeets ITT that rely on a pretty UI
>they don't know about the keybinds
wew lad

teach me

You can also install 2010 and you use it fully without needing a licence key.

Who cares? I use LaTex.

How?

Can I still get a free up?

>that win8/8.1 bump
top jej

No, MO CtR isn't for that.

We upgraded to 2016 not too long ago, but if those fuckos in charge of those decisions want to upgrade to 2019 for some reason, whatever.
As long as 2019 still works with the VBA macros I wrote, fuck if I care.

Yes. Infact my salary is considered rather extreme to people here.

Mostly I just write things in markdown.

Who cares, I can still open docx, pptx, etc. with my Office 2010 installation

portableapps.com/apps/development/gvim_portable

>muh tapes
IT generalist pls go

Fucking based. Nice.

They should migrate everything to win10, I've seen unsurpassed levels of performance, stability, and security in windows 10.

MS needs to migrate everything so we can get rid of legacy shit that's keeping windows down.

Why anyone would use Office past 2007 is beyond me. Literally no new features and now it looks like shit

Do yall expect unlimited support forever?

>implying 2007 has paste as plain text in the rightclick menu

That alone is worth the upgrade.

You should work in enterprise companies.

>Support
>Group Policy
>Deployment
>Ease of installation
>Standard interface

jokes on microsoft, I use the superior google docs and google drive. I rest easy at night knowing my important documents are in googles hands, the biggest, most trusted company in IT sector that looks out for me with their sophisticated algorithms and worldwide server infrastructure.

We use libreoffice at work (~50 computers) because it's free.

>2018
>not using Libre Office

being a programming neet is worse

sure thing susan, now email me those spreadsheets

>shit band
>shit opinion

checks out

you seem a little upset

Don't bother. Buy a 2016 key on eBay from the UK for $5

I still use Office 2007. It works, no tied to online bullshit. Matches the Windows 7 theme. Plus I got the Pro Plus version for free (dumb IT fucks at work left all install files + key on everyone access net share). But yeah at work they now use 2013 version, sucks ass. Bout 2 weeks ago they did a big exchange upgrade to the office 365/ hybrid mode. Who knows why is anyone's guess. Maybe in case the onsite exchange server (s) went down or something? This is a state gov btw, the IT people are kinda lame jackasses "paper only" type. I have serious doubts the vast majority have even seen the inside of a computer much less built one. To say nothing of a Server.

365 home subscription is pretty good. 5 copies of office and 5 1TB one drives too. For $100 per year.

I miss 2003, 2007 was when they moved to the Vista-tier UI and everything died.

My work (the only place I use Office) already upgraded to Win10, and I don't use Win10 or Office at home. Doesn't matter to me!

what the fuck can they even add to microsoft office at this point?

Actually making the feature work where multiple people can edit Sharepoint documents at the same time. We have Office 2016 at my work, and it still requires one person to check out the file, make changes, then check it back in before anyone else can edit.

It's all shit. Really shit thing is that more and more shit is moving online (templates for one, remember when you had a shitton of them on your hdd?) yet the core program itself is getting bloated to hell and back. I miss MS Works 4.5a, core all in one DB/WP/Spreadsheet program, came with 100 Templates. Used only 100meg full install (yes 100 meg). A damn flac file by comparison is only around 30 meg, nearly half of what a whole application took up back in 1998.

Office 2016, Office for Mac 2011 and OpenOffice are the patrician choice