I was not playing games for a quite some time because I was too focused on work

I was not playing games for a quite some time because I was too focused on work.

And now when I wanted to chill out and try some new games, they all feel like garbage, they only make me bored and I was back to games I played as a child.

Soo is it just me getting older and only nostalgic shit is good for me or just games become a trash for kids only?

It's just you user, we've had some gud gaems this year

Also,

You have ADHD

You have this thing called nostalgiusautistimus
Only cure is to kys

examples? Maybe I just played wrong games.
I wrote here because this is only thread on Sup Forums I come on, and Sup Forums looks like for children or man-child.

If you are like me OP, I prefer single-player games with a semi-decent story arch. Most kids these days play online multiplayer games that get kinda repetitive in the long run and requires hours and hours of playing before you can even get skilled enough to not get killed by some korean teenager.

But I agree with this poster: There are some good games this year and also this thread belongs on Sup Forums

Yea I think that is the problem.
Now for game to be sold you need to have multiplayer.

have u tried emulation? i recently installed pcsx2 and i'm having a blast with classic games

Nope, but I have to try it

It's just because most modern games, especially Western ones, are garbage.

Good games exist. You're just shit.

still didn't hear any names, just empty words.

Some games are made for fun, some games are made for profit. If you want to have fun, you're going to have to learn to tell them apart.

wise words

play nier automata dont let the sorta anime aestethic put you off it's definately one of the best games this decade

>play nier automata
I will check it out, thank you

I just like easy single player interactive story type games to relax sometimes after work. Multiplayer gaming is shit.

if you decide to torrent it make sure you play through all three endings, the second is similar to the first but shorter and from a different characters perspective and the thrid playthough just has a fuck tonne more going on

Pubg is the worst game over the year try something not shilled by twitch streamers

>nier automata

get ready for a letdown

mediocre animu garbage that is loved by impressionable Sup Forums-faggots for its ''waifu'' and ''husbando''-material

In a way I kind of agree. All the vidya play now came out years ago. Ive been playing Crusader Kings 2, civ4, rust and Left 4 Dead 2 since they came out and am still not bored.

these fucking shooters are all garbage.
There are tons of good single player games on steam, just go look for them.

ck2

*blocks your path*

There is so much wrong with that image, if that's how you play, I understand why you don't like it.

Almost nothing interests me in modern games. I often ask myself HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS??? WHY DO THEY FALL FOR THAT??? WHY ISN'T ANYONE MAKING WHAT I LIKE???

I probably have shit taste but it's my taste. Maybe Im getting too old for this shit.

most braindead combat in a modern game to date

it is a random pic.

I wonder now, maybe it is not about games, but about a hype.
When we were kids we had time for that and you red and watched materials about games that are coming out and you were really stoked on it. Now we are playing without that, and also brain develops/interest change and it is just not the same.

play xonotic

It's the age of indie games.
Check out Hallow Knight, Hob, Figment, SPAZ 2. Also OwlBoy and Cuphead aren't bad.

Well, if you take a look you'll realize that whole gaming industry is targeted at 13 years old kids that will ask their parents to buy a new shiny gaming laptop. I suppose many big games have similar target.

Games on touchscreen devices and overrated crap (like PUBG) by twitch streamer shills are the reason that gaming in the recent years feels like crap, at least for the oldschool players that played great titles in 90's/early 2000's.

Definitely my favorite game last year. Worth a complete playtrhough

I can only stand playing open ended building games like Cities Skylines and Kerbal Space Program these days.

No, you just fell out of loop and don't know where to start. We have always had games for kids, "hardcore gaymers" autists etc. You just have to know what to pick.

Check out /egg/ on /vg/. These are kinda Sup Forums related. I've been playing modded Factorio last week and it's so much fun.

Dont know m8 mohaa is the only shit i like to play nowadays
Its pointless playing games and watching anime tbqhfam

Singleplayer:
Cuphead, Nier Automata, Hollow Knight, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Hitman (2016), Forza Horizon 3, Subnautica

Multiplayer/coop:
Squad, Rainbow 6 siege, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Mortal Kombat X, Overcooked, Jackbox Party packs, Fortnite

btw,

Why is there a flash hides on your scar when your m24 is already suppressed? Also, drop the 9mm.

>no one mentions Deus Ex
just pathetic

It's just like with movies or music. It's created with the masses in mind, you hear retards phrase it because they actually like it, after you buy it, it's too late, they already won.
Nobody puts any thought into anything anymore, it's all just for the 90%, as it's easier to make money making shit many people like then making shit only some people will like.

That only applies to mainstream and popular stuff "for hipsters". There are ambitious games, movies and music out there.

same here. I think it's harder to stay entertained when you're older and have responsibilities which might come to mind at any moment.

Why would you play PUBG if you can play coop RP in Arma?

If a game has any mechanism for microtransactions or payment of any kind after you've purchased the game itself, do not play it. It's guaranteed to be shit. If it has online components at it's core but no microtransactions, be extremely skeptical because 90% of the time those are shit too.
This will filter out the year's releases to only a few good games per year, sometimes none that actually appeal to you, but that's just what it is to have a shred of dignity in your approach to video games.

>examples? Maybe I just played wrong games.
Divinity OS:2 is a masterpiece of role playing games with super advanced interactivity allows you to play with the world better than Morrowind or anything ever. Teleporting shit, yourself and enemies around, Coop and PVP with your friends, intentionally broken OP combat system that smart AI uses agains you like you'd never expect.
It's great, especially if you get a person or two to play with you and actually go on and roleplay your chars. LOADS OF FUN, also you will get to backstab them at some point in the game.

Nier Automata is a work of fine art and a story worthy of being a 600 pages book with a decent gameplay and fantastic visual design.
It's one hell of a ride, especially when you get to chapter 3.

CS:GO is fun though.
However it's kind of game where you have unlocked everything from start and you can only spend money for colorful weapons to be an easier target for your enemy. So there is no harm in this micro transactions.