Realbotix

Anyone else following what this company is doing? Here is the latest interview with their Founder uploaded only a few days ago.

youtu.be/RhXmC9lcVEQ

There was an indepth UK Channel 4 special on them about 3 months ago and they interviewed one of their developers working on the Siri/Alexa-like conversation module. Behind the dude you could see an Ubuntu laptop, Atom editor, and Python code. I wonder what packages they are using for speech-to-text, and text-to-speech?

Other urls found in this thread:

pypi.python.org/pypi/SpeechRecognition
cmusphinx.github.io/wiki/tutorialam/#when-you-need-to-train
youtu.be/Hr3swcOEEx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The speech stuff is gimmicky and has been around for years.

Where they seem to be pushing the envelope is the low-uncanny animatronics.

>create a super realistic android girl
>make her look like a trashy whore
Fucking why?

i believe you might be able to order yourself a trap in a few year.

it's a furby with a rubber face
how is he getting away with this?

Why do you think women commonly wear makeup to make it seem they have the perfect skin?
Why do you think women wear high heels to make their legs look longer?
Why do you think women wear non-baggy clothes complimenting their curves in the right places?
Why do you think women show cleavage in most of their clothing, not in strip clubs but absolutely everywhere?
Everything a trashy whore does appearance wise is because it's commonly known that it will attract men. Men in general are responsible for hitting on women and women try to look their best to be the ones being selected. If you artificially create replacements for women for sexual purposes you probably select traits that the population commonly understands are signs of hornyness and announcing you are asking for sex. Just because trashy whores don't really have anything else going on and they have to rely on their sexual charisma fully doesn't mean they don't do that part well.

Cant wait to get one, sit it down in front a cam with a chair.
Then play games on twitter and get tons of donations having her reply as I do what I do anyhow for part of my day.

>Posted by Brick Dollbanger

I always did suspect some of the more successful Twitch boob-casters are androids from the future.

By giving it tits and ass.

This is one STT option. But it looks like there are many others.

pypi.python.org/pypi/SpeechRecognition

This is a platform, and imho a better one than the MSM darling Sophia.

Almost anyone these days can get a custom cNN/LSTM setup running for text recognition.
Listening is far easier than understanding, so in the end you'll just be looking for keywords/'hotwords' anyway, and ignoring anything too complex or unexpected.
Maybe even wit.ai or Microsoft's API service, though basic texts/commands are very doable with CMU Sphinx:
cmusphinx.github.io/wiki/tutorialam/#when-you-need-to-train

I don't know about text-to-speech bus afaik it's a pretty solved problem since the entire input space is known

When the technology gets far enough, and provided the technology is free as in free speech, will we make a robot Stallman and put his brain in it when he inevitably dies?

You can already.

Unless real Fucking engineers and programmers work on a project like this then its a Fucking pipe dream. This shit being constantly brought up on 4everyone-chan is Fucking annoying

Things it needs.

Less stuttering monotone voice. Voice needs to have character like being able to almost sing in tonal range.

A face that is more experessive. The movement of the mouth is just open and close. It needs at least partial movement to smile in a semi-realistic manner.

Not just being a dummy on the bed. Eevn if you have to pose it yourself it would be nice to have some movement in the body and limbs that makes it 'feel' like you are holding something alive. Something that whiggles a bit or wriths when it fake orgasms.

I don't expect it to walk about and cook for me yet but they need to go further than the current model for me to be willing to get one.

>Why do you think women wear high heels to make their legs look longer?

High heels change the centre of mass, thus they're forced to make a hollow back to counter that. Women (and other female mammals) also tend to make a hollow back during fucking. That's the signal effect why high heels are considered "sexy".

My shitty phone Fucking up my post with its shit predictive text is yet another reason this shit is dumb

The Japanese will have this down before they can create a realistic 'Murican 'Real Doll'

> real engineers
Honda’s ASIMO is a joke 15 years in the making with no real product.

Boston Robotics has no use cases, is bleeding cash, and gets sold from one corporate parent to another.

What’s going to get humanoid robotics going is entrepreneurs and tinkerers like Matt McMullen.

They had the smile thing in the prior iteration.

youtu.be/Hr3swcOEEx0

it sounds like what i would imagine it must be like to fuck a quadriplegic

me on the left

He must have some in with Realbotix / Abyss Creations because he has a shit ton of interviews with everyone and everything there going back weeks.