Deepin looks pretty good. I don't know whether i should install it because it doesn't come with a tear-free compositor

deepin looks pretty good. I don't know whether i should install it because it doesn't come with a tear-free compositor.

it's 2018 for fucksake and linux desktop environments(outside of gnome with wayland) still screentear out of the box. wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMDGPU#Driver_options
twitter.com/AnonBabble

windows tears out of the box too, before you install gpu drivers

tried it about 6 months ago and it was buggy as fuck, basically a beta

screentears even with graphics drivers installed

How to fix screen tearing on Lubuntu with an AMD GPU?

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMDGPU#Driver_options

Literally looks exactly like Windows

>deepin
chinese botnet

i tried it out on my laptop seemed pretty good the touchscreen didnt work properly when the screen was rotated though, other than that it's a pretty decent distro

Thanks. Did you get it working?

That's what I used and it worked fine.

It seems all that Linux DE projects ever do is try to plagiarise Windows.

>Windows 8 comes along with Metro
>Ubuntu releases Unity & retards work on Wayland
>Windows 10 comes out
>Out comes Deepin

Use Compton.

looks like a windows clone to me. i dont understand why people want to make linux look like something that its not.

Why are you using desktop Linux?

that's a good thing

>not just using the best DE available
>Not using a literal Gentoo Fork that is actually useful and gets constant support.

It'ls like none of you want to get anything done.

Which is..?

It should be obvious user. ChromeOS.

I don't remember the last time I've ever actually had tearing in Windows. Even the shitty basic driver (Win8+) works very well for me without tearing.

With Linux, it depends which driver, DRI and acceleration method is in use. I've had nothing but horrible luck with Intel (i915) and almost perfection with amdgpu.

Same reason every other DE exists. People don't like having to adopt to a new workflow.

>install noobuntu
>install whatever DE you want
>install Compton
>...
>profit

>BotnetOS
lmaoing my ass off

there is nothing wrong with how windows looks. it's how functions that's the problem

would it be preferable to install deepin manjaro instead of deepin os(since it could be a chinese botnet)?

This looks professionally designed
What's the catch?

>made in China

>wanted to install deepin in virtual machine
>couldn't press the "next" button after partitioning the HDD
>google problem, deepin dev said that it is known and will be fixed in the next release
I don't even

> it's 2018 for fucksake and linux desktop environments(outside of gnome with wayland) still screentear out of the box. wtf

Intel GPUs don't have this issue