bbc.com/news/health-42857576
bbc.com/news/business-42894312
docdro.id/9UITWhy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not dead, guys!

cyberpunk is not dead, we are living on it but only with the bad parts

THis

Does this mean I'm a faggot for unironically liking Perturbator

Blade Runner 2049, GitS, Altered Carbon (out now), Alita (this summer) and more. Cyberpunk is back!

Check out the /cyb/ FAQ for more, the usual place.

>Thinks that movies make cyberpunk real
Call me when your staging a protest outside a megacorp to distract them from your buddy stealing a highly advanced ai from their cold storage.

even William Gibson says it is dead, that we're living in a watered down version of a cyberpunk future.

You really need to read the FAQ, it lays it out for you. As to the movies it shows this is a topic people are interested in.

Cyberpunk as the garishly neon lit urban decay and integrated body electronics is certainly dead. The corporate driven dystopia, inescapable panopticon, and gov't disrespect of its citizens is more real than most would like to admit.

Most of that is correct except the IME (Intel Management Engine) up until version 11 had been an embedded, low power ARC processor. It has since been changed to a custom x86 core for even better power management and tighter control on Intel's side, since part of the bootloader for the IME firmware is now in silicon, rather than purely in EEPROM. Intel is fucking retarded because that can't be updated and doesn't even do signature checking on modules properly. The firmware itself is also not based on MINIX outside of the kernel. The kernel is only one module that provides low level APIs and a scheduler and stuff to be able to manage other modules such as AMT and TXE and such.

AMD is also has something similar, called the PSP (Platform Security Processor) but it's an ARM TrustZone implementation and I don't know anything about it.

>integrated body electronics is certainly dead
I disagree.
bbc.com/future/story/20130311-ten-military-mind-experiments
bbc.com/news/health-42857576
bbc.com/news/business-42894312

The future is already here. Most people didn't care but wanted to watch TV instead.

I always wondered why Intel chose ARC rather, say, their own Atom. It is almost like it was developed by someone else and forced onto Intel...

How is Altered Carbon?

>I always wondered why Intel chose ARC rather, say, their own Atom.
Because a decade ago certain RISC cores were able to be scaled down and still provide far superior performance with less power draw.
>It is almost like it was developed by someone else and forced onto Intel
Probably the CIA niggers at it again.

filename, bitches

>when a bunch of fucking normie subhumans want to look tech literate so they paste and tape a bunch of random computer parts to their bodies and put on trench coats

yeah wahtever nigger

Same question.

Looks like blade runner movies somehow.

wow it's like it's the same genre
reviews are saying close to the books so a cliche macho man killing everyone and fucking all of the women but with some interesting tech thrown in now and then

namefag 10buxer butthurt.

UMA DELICIA

>Blade Runner 2049
Sequel to an old movie that did poorly at the box office

>GitS
Awful remake/mashup of the original films and shows that basically turned the story into Robocop

>Alita
This will be an action/sci-fi movie, not cyberpunk

These guys were VR/AR researchers. Some in the pic even went on to work on Google Glass and Oculus

how did u know i go on sa?

>an old movie that did poorly at the box office
underage b&

>waah he's right :(((

>it sucks because it's older than me and made little money
Edgy.

When did I say that it sucks? I said that they didn't make money.

Ltheanine testing lad here ( docdro.id/9UITWhy ), my next trial will be on caffeine and phenylpriacitam as active ingredients then l theanine and alpha GPC to migate side effects, this time it will be a blind placebo study with one participant

seven samurai

but theres six you silly sausage

We know. Have you been living under a rock?

It's a "netflix original".
These days it always means "made for the 90%" and is absolutely shit to view for anytone with a brain

>Tfw no holo-gf to cybercuddle with

Do I look like a good Joe?

Cyberpunk is very much alive.

Technology is rampant, corporations are global and do as they please. There are shadowruns going down all over the place. You just haven't realized it. You're probably just a corporate slave anyway.

I posted this in a different thread but I was rejected like a pariah

Here's a list of cool cyberpunk or futuristic movies:

The Matrix 1, 2, 3
Surrogates
Blade Runner
Blade Runner 2049
Minority Report
The Fifth Element
Repo Men
RoboCop
Terminator 1, 2
Terminator Salvation
Dredd
Total Recall
Ghost in the Shell
Ultraviolet
Aeon Flux
Elysium
District 9
Edge of Tomorrow
Oblivion
Looper
Artificial Intelligence
I, Robot
Equilibrium
Pacific Rim
Chappie
Gamer
The Demolition Man
Running Man

Quite the opposite. You'd be a faggot if you didn't like Perturbator.

don't worry user we appreciate you and your list

Goddamn why isn't there a cyberpunk themed bar around.
No doubt it would be rather popular.

>pacific rim
mecha and literaly shit

where is Nirvana?

Mt.Gox, Bitfenix, DAO, Nicehash etc.

Cyyberpunk is alive drekheads and there's runs happening in the shadows right under your normie noses.

the original idea of cyberpunk has turned into some weird walmartcore degeneration

The books are an absolute blood bath. Also many good ideas. I haven't seen the series yet but reviews are OK.

"Room service" takes on an entire new meaning...

And what on Earth does that have to do with anything? It is as if you need to check out the commercial success of a movie before watching it.

I know but I can hope

A lot of those were entered into the FAQ. Still, a few are not obviously Cyberpunk like
>The Fifth Element
>District 9
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Oblivion
>Looper
>Artificial Intelligence
>I, Robot
>Pacific Rim
>Chappie

I hear all episodes were released at the same time so you can bingewatch if you want. I know some did.

Indeed irrelevant,but to be fair,he said "cyberpunk OR futuristic".

And what does have to do with Cyberpunk??

I can agree on the critical lack of neon spandex.

Emergency bump!

Cyberpunk as fuark

I think it is, OP. I just left the cyberpunk circlejerk when I understood people in it are leftcucks who denounce big corps yet crave the big govt dick. Also, I can't stand the prep shit and transhumanism shilling (from people who hate big corps lmfao).

that's what you think

>I think it is, OP. I just left the cyberpunk circlejerk
Where was that?
>when I understood people in it are leftcucks who denounce big corps yet crave the big govt dick.
Double standards are quite the norm in people at large. They make generic complaints but also demand the latest tech at ludicrous prices that can hardly sustain decent salaries.
>Also, I can't stand the prep shit and transhumanism shilling (from people who hate big corps lmfao).
I never really understood why preps were part of Cyberpunk. As for transhumanists, are there really many left?

whatre some cyberpunk shops
>dangerousthings
>wetworks

Sup Forums is not ready for Lambert kino

Chappie is Cyberpunk imo

>Chappie is Cyberpunk imo
Why?

REALITY IS SHIT
AND CYBERSPACE IS GOD

>Society in chaos
>Military grade police tech from private contractors
>AI
>Uploading consciousness to machine
Its basically Short Circuit meets Robocop and most will rank Robocop high on the Cyberpunk list

>CYBERPUNK IS NOT DEAD
Sure smells like it.

>integrated body electronics is dead
>tfw going into biomedical engineering
not if I can help it

>extremely punchable guy
>goes on to work on Extremely Punchable Spectacle Accessory
can't say I'm surprised JewGlass flopped

>As for transhumanists, are there really many left?
friendly reminder

It has always been a leftie genre, a product of its Boomer creators' political views. The people who founded it just lacked the insight that governments are megacorps, but with even weirder incentives. If you'd like to read some dark technological visions of the future that are not stale rehashes and aren't leftist, try The Three-Body Problem and The Age of Em: Work, Love and Life when Robots Rule the Earth (nonfiction).

What is dead may never die

altered carbon is a good show

what are some redpilled cyberpunk boots /fa/?

Anything but monstrous cybergoth plateau boots.

Try sneakers.

Neon green Crocs with a live grenade and a Raspberry Pi ducttaped to them on each foot. The Pi makes the grenade go off if it loses signal from your Xiaomi heart rate monitor.

Connecting explosive charges to a Chinese controlled device seems even crazier than what Neal Stephenson could have come up with.

Exactly, it's genuine redpilled /fa/ cyberpunk. Possible Chinese control >>> poor impulse control.

The whole thing reminds me of "Jipi and the Paranoid Chip."